by mechgt

Downloads: 12,931 (48) • Reviews: 18

Version:

Updated:

Aug 26, 2015

"Automatic Mode" and "Single Zone" settings

"Automatic Mode" and "Single Zone" settings

Postby OllieIn82 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:55 am

I would like Training Load to use the HR zones that I set up as suggested in the documentation (10 or so zones, 6-8 bpm apart) and for it to carry out its calculations based on my HRmax and HRresting at the time of each activity.

But I've found that in the current version of the plugin, selecting the "Automatic mode" option on the settings screen means that the "Single Zone" checkbox greys out and I can't tell Training Load to use the HR zones that I set up.

So does this mean that the only way I can have Training Load do its calculations based on my HRmax and HRresting at the time of each activity is if I leave the "Single Zone" option deselected and let Training Load use the broad (and less suitable for TRIMP calculation) zones that I use for each activity category?

To add - the documentation and pinned topics all seem to refer to an older version of the plugin, where instead of "Automatic Mode" and "Single Zone" there are options for "Single zone" and "Dynamic zone factors". See the screenshot in the second post on this topic for an example: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=9084

Thank you!
OllieIn82

Re: "Automatic Mode" and "Single Zone" settings

Postby mechgt » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:54 am

The documentation needs to be updated to the newer features. I'll try to get to that shortly :oops:

Automatic Mode replaces the need for you to create these zones; it does all that for you, and with better resolution than you might do on your own. So, try ticking the automatic mode box and just using that. Make sure that you enter max and rest values in the Athlete history section as those are needed in order to calculate TRIMP values.

In conslusion, you should be able to delete the Training Load specific HR zones you created and simply use the new Automatic Mode feature.
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby OllieIn82 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:51 am

Ah, that's brilliant, thank you!

All clear now 8)
OllieIn82

Postby jcboliveira » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:28 pm

Quick question.
The new automated mode takes in to account the rest HR variations?

Thanks
José
jcboliveira

Postby the5krunner » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:04 pm

jcboliveira wrote:
The new automated mode takes in to account the rest HR variations?

I wouldn't worry about those...wear your HRM all day and see how many TRIMPs you get for a HR of less than 100...not many

the trimps in your rest 'interval' IMHO compensate for the HR lag at the start of the effort interval. It won't make that much difference...or am I wrong?
the5krunner

Postby OllieIn82 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:43 pm

I think Jose's asking if Training Load still calculates TRIMP values taking into account your resting HR as it was on the day of the activity (since it may change over time), as opposed to asking about your HR in resting splits during interval sessions.

This was a feature in the earlier version of Training Load (there was a check box for it) so I think Jose's wondering if it's now included in the current version's calculations by default, since the option is gone.
OllieIn82

Postby mechgt » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:05 pm

Yes, your rest and max HR is accounted for in the automatic TL calculations. As you update these values, they'll be used for new activities, etc.
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Training Load