by mechgt

Downloads: 12,931 (48) • Reviews: 18

Version:

Updated:

Aug 26, 2015

Graph Default Layout

Graph Default Layout

Postby smithd4 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:21 pm

Each time I display the Training Load graph I need to reposition and rescale the y axes so that the graph is easy to read.
Is it possible to update the plugin to save and reload the zoom and position of each y axis scale automatically?
smithd4

Re: Graph Default Layout

Postby the5krunner » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:11 pm

I'm sure this has been asked for before and yes it would be nice.

I think there is a button in the top right corner that does a fair stab and displaying it 'properly' - especially if sporttracks is fully maximised.

if this feature were available how would it work if, on your next visit to training load, your window was a different size? (and hence the 'ideal' axes would probably not be ideal)
the5krunner

Postby mechgt » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:54 am

I've definitely heard this before and expect for something around this to appear in the next release. I'll post more details here shortly.
2013-01-27_0852.png
2013-01-27_0852.png (76.33 KiB) Viewed 23841 times
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:08 pm

mechgt wrote:I've definitely heard this before and expect for something around this to appear in the next release. I'll post more details here shortly.

May I ask that the plugin remember the column widths of the "Activities" table?
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Postby Burnt Toast » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:45 pm

Tisztul_A_Visztula wrote:
mechgt wrote:I've definitely heard this before and expect for something around this to appear in the next release. I'll post more details here shortly.

May I ask that the plugin remember the column widths of the "Activities" table?

+1000
Burnt Toast
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mechgt » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:47 pm

2013-01-27_0852.png

Feature added to ver. 2.0.5.

Chart will autozoom in a reasonable manner to arrange CTL/ATL on the bottom and TSB/INF/FTP up top (as seen in the picture a couple posts above).
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Korjaus » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:11 pm

No no no... Now the Y-axis is totally flat from ctl point of view. Cannot see any progress there, when only 1/10th of y-axis is used. Or is there some way get the whole range into use ?
Zooming applies to both axis. (Don't know if the attachment shows right, at least preview looks cropped, but I guess you get the "picture").

By the way, any change to get CTL into "Activity reports" and "Daily activity" views, like Trimp ? Would be nice to see all basic background info for races in one view, like ctl, weight and stuff
Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (156.06 KiB) Viewed 23653 times
Korjaus

Postby mechgt » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:48 pm

I don't understand the 1/10th part of the comment. CTL is now approx. 70%-ish of the y axis (as is shown in your picture), and the upper range (INF, TSB) is the other charts. Try taking INF off of the chart, at that point your CTL/ATL should expand to cover the entire chart window.

These charts may still overlap in places, but the intention was to get them generally separated to provide a friendlier display and not have everything displayed on top of one another which can look like a bit of a mess if you have a bunch of charts open.
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Korjaus » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:49 pm

With 1/10th I mean, that CTL axis range is 210 (from 0 to 210). And CTL values are from 95 to 135. OK, it is 19% of the scale not 10%, but this has been a good year..
Even so, using only 19% makes the curve very flat.

Yes, you are right, removing INF will scale it from 0 to 140, upto 29%, but kind of ruins the INF function (not visible).
I do understand that the overlapping makes the view a bit messy for a new user, but after two years of usage it is smaller bad than this.
Korjaus

Postby mechgt » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:06 pm

So really what you're after is to get rid of the lower portion of the CTL chart? CTL might (in your case) be ranged 80 - 150? I'll have to think on it and get some other feedback on this, maybe it'll grow on you :) This has been requested for quite a while (cleaning up the charts). Anyone else have an opinion/feedback?
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby smithd4 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:25 am

My initial post was a simpler solution to this problem. How about letting the user decide what the scale and y axis zero location is for each line on the graph. All the program needs to do then is save those parameters when they are changed. When the graph is reopened, just load the parameters that were saved last time - perfect for everybody, because it is their own settings. Could still have some sort of default scale button if the user really messes it up.
smithd4

Postby Stumpjumper68 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:45 am

smithd4 wrote:My initial post was a simpler solution to this problem. How about letting the user decide what the scale and y axis zero location is for each line on the graph. All the program needs to do then is save those parameters when they are changed. When the graph is reopened, just load the parameters that were saved last time - perfect for everybody, because it is their own settings. Could still have some sort of default scale button if the user really messes it up.

I vote for it 1++
Stumpjumper68
Donated!
Donated!

Postby marxl » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:32 pm

smithd4 wrote:My initial post was a simpler solution to this problem. How about letting the user decide what the scale and y axis zero location is for each line on the graph. All the program needs to do then is save those parameters when they are changed. When the graph is reopened, just load the parameters that were saved last time - perfect for everybody, because it is their own settings. Could still have some sort of default scale button if the user really messes it up.

I vote for this 2 +++1
marxl

Postby rmclachlan » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:12 pm

yes +1. I would like a user specified default graph layout and scale
rmclachlan

Return to Training Load