Version:

Updated:

Aug 26, 2015

Cant get 2,0,1 installed?

Cant get 2,0,1 installed?

Postby Knudmoseparken » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:34 am

Hi

I had 3 plugins to update.
One worked fine. But unfortunately not the important ones.

Training load
Fit Plan

Installed plugins list shows updates available, and when updating it writes success and restart.
But it just don't update.

I just recently installed ST on a new laptop running Win8 "this time i got the win version correct :wink: "

Hope you can help me out, i really like the Training load plugin :D

Johnny
Johnny
Knudmoseparken

Re: Cant get 2,0,1 installed?

Postby mechgt » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:02 am

Hmm... I just tested updating through SportTracks (SportTracks > Settings > Plugins > Install Update) and everything seemed to work fine. Anyone else with a similar issue?
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Knudmoseparken » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:03 am

Hmm.

I did it exactly that way with all 3 of them.
And i can see there has been quite a few downloads so i guess it´s a local problem.
I just cant figure out what can be wrong, when the first one worked.

Nothing to do with this, but the weather plugin doesn't seem to work on the new PC. Its ticked in the plugin list but it is not black like the others more grayed out?
Johnny
Knudmoseparken

Postby mechgt » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:28 am

What tells you it's not installed properly? Are you missing features, is the version not what you think it should be, is there still an 'Update available' type message? I'm sure you've restarted SportTracks after installing.
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Knudmoseparken » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:53 am

Hi

What tells you it's not installed properly? Are you missing features, is the version not what you think it should be, is there still an 'Update available' type message? I'm sure you've restarted SportTracks after installing.

Still update available message
Yes has been restarted, now i just tried to restart the pc as well still updates available.

Johnny
Johnny
Knudmoseparken

Postby mechgt » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:58 pm

Does it say 2.0.1 is installed? If 2.0.1 is installed and you can see Fit Plan workouts on your TL chart, then all's well with Training Load and Fit Plan (they're installed and running).

If this is the case, then we're simply troubleshooting how the version is displayed, but the plugins are functioning as intended.
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Knudmoseparken » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:17 pm

It is installed. "but not updated"
It still says 2.0.0 update available

Plugin is working but not in the rev 2.0.1 yet

I don't really use fit plan so don't know if that is working, just bought the package. Easy, and a appreciation of your work.

Wanted to attach a screen shot but can figure out how.
Johnny
Knudmoseparken

Postby mechgt » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:35 pm

No problem, and thanks :)

Ok, sounds like it's legitimately not being installed since it says 2.0.0. Try uninstalling the existing Training Load (and Fit Plan if you're having trouble with that). This should remove the plugins from your system. Start ST and verify that they in fact are not listed in the plugin list after being removed. Then re-download from the website (links in my signature) and install fresh copies.

Sounds to me like the issue is that something is blocking the existing/old files from being removed (maybe a security/permissions issue?). Hopefully manual removal will get around this.
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Knudmoseparken » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:02 pm

You are on to something now.

Tried to uninstall both of them.
But they are still appearing in the plugin list and still running.
Johnny
Knudmoseparken

Postby mechgt » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:21 pm

I don't have Win8 to test with, so you might have to dig a bit for this one, but you can manually delete the plugin files. Below are the paths for Win 7, they very well could be the same in Win 8.

Shutdown SportTracks and delete all of the files in the following folders. You should see a bunch of language folders, TrainingLoad.dll, and plugin.xml. Delete these files/folders and when you re-install they'll all be replaced with the new plugin files.

Training Load
C:\ProgramData\Application Data\ZoneFiveSoftware\SportTracks\3\Plugins\Installed\b92888f1-c191-4045-8003-0181364cf651

Fit Plan
C:\ProgramData\Application Data\ZoneFiveSoftware\SportTracks\3\Plugins\Installed\b11c4fd0-93b2-4435-a5d3-83f0fc98f00b
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Knudmoseparken » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:31 pm

Thanks mate..

Now I'm back in the game with the newest updates.

The path dident work for me but i fund a way in there.
It turned out that some of the folders was empty.
But even worse one of them contained a bunch of other plugin files.

When i had that sorted out it worked fine again.
No wonder ST couldn't figure that out.

Thanks for the guiding / troubleshooting
Johnny
Knudmoseparken

Return to Training Load