Downloads: 12,931 (48) • Reviews: 18

Version:

Updated:

Aug 26, 2015

TL 2.0.0: questions and remarks

TL 2.0.0: questions and remarks

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:45 am

Hi,

I have been not so active to use this plugin lately, thus I seem to forget how it should be finetuned.

1) Which is the way to eliminate the bars (TSS or TRIMP) from the charts? But only the bars I'd like to get rid off, because I need a chart of TSS. ..... ANSWERED: OK, one has to simply use Rolling Sum .

But which is the way, if any, to move the rolling sum y-axis to the left of the chart?

2) Where FTP Run can be set? My FTP Cycle is set to 200 in Athlete and the TL chart shows it properly, but where does the value of 230 for FTP Run come from?

Thanks,

I played with the new version and found it a bit unstable as regards zooming and scaling. Sometimes the chart gets confused if I switch between Trimp and TSS having zoomed the chart. Sometime it rescales either TSS or CTL/ATL and the difference next to the neigbouring numbers of y-axis is just 0.05.
EDIT: Later I figured out that not zooming and scaling confuses the chart but adding and removing TSS (by the way it is still not renameed to TSS/Trimp) from the chart

And the icon which should set the chart into the default state regarding zooming does not work.
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Re: TL 2.0.0: questions and remarks

Postby mechgt » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:11 pm

Tisztul_A_Visztula wrote:...one has to simply use Rolling Sum. But which is the way, if any, to move the rolling sum y-axis to the left of the chart?

The axes location (left/right) is fixed and cannot be selected. This is the same as all previous releases.

Tisztul_A_Visztula wrote:2) Where FTP Run can be set? My FTP Cycle is set to 200 in Athlete and the TL chart shows it properly, but where does the value of 230 for FTP Run come from?

FTP (running vs. cycling):
FTPcycle is the same as in all previous releases. Custom property set in the Athlete view of SportTracks.
FTPrun is a new field introduced with this version of Training Load to help multisport athletes. You'll need Power Runner installed to see and use it:
1) Install Power Runner
2) Define running categories in Power Runner settings.
3) Ensure FTP custom property is enabled in Training Load settings (is enabled by default)

TSS charts will then use FTPrun custom athlete property to calculate running TSS scores. If this is not done, then FTP values will continue to use FTPcycle. If no FTPcycle is defined, the it'll use a default FTP value (230 watts). If you go to: Athlete view > Custom Data Fields, you should see the new FTPrun assuming you've done the 3 steps above.

Tisztul_A_Visztula wrote:And the icon which should set the chart into the default state regarding zooming does not work.

What doesn't work about it specifically?
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:12 pm

mechgt wrote:FTP (running vs. cycling):
FTPcycle is the same as in all previous releases. Custom property set in the Athlete view of SportTracks.
FTPrun is a new field introduced with this version of Training Load to help multisport athletes. You'll need Power Runner installed to see and use it:
1) Install Power Runner
2) Define running categories in Power Runner settings.
3) Ensure FTP custom property is enabled in Training Load settings (is enabled by default)

TSS charts will then use FTPrun custom athlete property to calculate running TSS scores. If this is not done, then FTP values will continue to use FTPcycle. If no FTPcycle is defined, the it'll use a default FTP value (230 watts). If you go to: Athlete view > Custom Data Fields, you should see the new FTPrun assuming you've done the 3 steps above.

1. I have had Power Runner since summer
2. I chose some activity in PR setting as "Contains Running Activities" somewhen in August. I guess you meant that.
3. It is enabled, but there is only one called FTPcycle

And no, I cant see FTP run in Athlete view > Custom Data Fields, just FTPcycle. And yes, my FTPcycle is defined as 200, also TSS charts show this way, nevertheless my FTPrun is shown 230 watts.

I have PR ver 0.9.0 and TL ver 2.0.0, both shown as the latest versions.

mechgt wrote:
Tisztul_A_Visztula wrote:And the icon which should set the chart into the default state regarding zooming does not work.

What doesn't work about it specifically?

It did literally nothing, I guess it should always set the chart to the default zooming and scaling, shouldnt it? Now I checked it again and this time worked. I will come back when I can confuse the chart again to "disable" this icon.

And a good news. A small annoying thing of Power Runner has disappeared without any new release of it. See viewtopic.php?f=24&t=12924#p74101

I have no clue why. Maybe a hidden hotfix embedded in TL 2.0.0? :lol:

PS: And I broke the 1000 watt threshold definitely, see my screenshot at viewtopic.php?f=24&t=12924#p75481
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Postby mechgt » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:34 pm

FTPrun missing:
Pick any running activity and click Recalculate > TSS. Alternatively, if you create/import a new running activity, that should trigger it to create. Let me know if this works for you.

Zoom toolbar button:

This should be working just fine. This button works slightly different from other zooms in that it zooms to the default view (recent several months, not the entire chart of possibly years). Maybe you were already zoomed to the default area?
P.S. I've noticed that it may zoom to an odd selection if you have a range selected. I'm aware of this, and would have to fix this in an update.
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:34 pm

First Happy New Year! We are already in 2013.

FTPrun:

I tried both actions, but none of them triggered the appearance of FTPrun. I also checked the list of custom fields in the Logbook menu. Actually I had imported some runs a couple of hours earlier too, but I repeated it just to be sure that I dont miss any hints. I even installed Power Runner plugin again.

BTW which plugin adds FTPrun? Power Runner or Training Load? Should I completely uninstall that one and re-install it from the scratch?

Default zoom icon:

I am really not sure what happened, but I do remember that when this icon did nothing, there was a strange scaling between 0 and 1 with a step of 0.05 either in case of TSS scale on the left or CTL/ATL on the right.

Now I tried what you mentioned, I selected a range and indeed it works as you described, my experienced was pretty similar apart from the scale of 0-1.
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Postby mechgt » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:57 pm

2013?!?!? What already?? I'm not there yet... I think I've been left behind :)

(See email on FTPrun)
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:16 pm

mechgt wrote:2013?!?!? What already?? I'm not there yet... I think I've been left behind :)

(See email on FTPrun)

A nice story:
My funny friend told me just before midnight holding our glasses with champagne in our hands that 2013 would be the "official year" of our small city. I was sober, but spent a couple of moments thinking before I realized that he was kidding. The ZIP code of our city is simply 2013. 8)
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:46 pm

mechgt wrote:FTPrun missing:
Pick any running activity and click Recalculate > TSS. Alternatively, if you create/import a new running activity, that should trigger it to create. Let me know if this works for you.

Zoom toolbar button:

This should be working just fine. This button works slightly different from other zooms in that it zooms to the default view (recent several months, not the entire chart of possibly years). Maybe you were already zoomed to the default area?
P.S. I've noticed that it may zoom to an odd selection if you have a range selected. I'm aware of this, and would have to fix this in an update.

I dont know exactly how but I faced the problem again. I did not zoom at all just tried to click on the top of the bars to show different activites in the table and see what I got:

Új .jpg
Új .jpg (147.63 KiB) Viewed 15606 times

And after I got it the default zoom toolbar button (4 small blue arrows on a rectangle) does nothing when I click on it. So a small bug is hiding somewhere.
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:50 pm

I guess I know why it happens. I (unintentionally) select a range then I double-click. In this case the default zoom button is deactivated. If I unselect the range, the problem is away.
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Postby mechgt » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:55 am

I have an update coming that relates to zooming, see if this fixes your issue.

Download Link:
http://mechgt.com/st/download/TrainingLoad.st3plugin
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:36 am

Thanks, i check and come back later.
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:39 pm

Bad news. It did not fix, moreover I could elicit a fake date of 30th December 1899.

See the shot:

Új kép.jpg
Új kép.jpg (127.59 KiB) Viewed 15564 times
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Postby mechgt » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:59 pm

? Can you tell me specifically how it behaves the same as before? It appears that you selected a small amount of data (<1 day) and clicked zoom to fit... which it did. The 1899 date issue is not unique to this view and will likely need to be fixed in SportTracks.

Here's what's fixed:
- Select a single point and zoom: This used to result in a bad display, and is now handled gracefully. This was the major issue previously.
- Select a range and zoom: This now zooms exactly as in every other chart in SportTracks (zooms to your selected range as shown in your screenshot).
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:52 pm

I am sorry for not being clear.

I meant that after this range selection I got this zoomed chart using the doubleclick OR clicking on the four arrowed zoom icon, so I felt this icon did not work on the proper way when I clicked on it.

But now I understood that it is NOT a default zoom function, BUT a sort of best fit zoom function and since there is only a narrow space out of the selected range but within the zoomed chart area it was tough to unselect the range. When I could manage to unselect the range the icon worked again and went back to the default zoom.

Sorry again, I did not want to push this issue so much even if it seemed to be that way. It was more just a coincidence that I figured out something was strange.

Note: this was post edited
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:25 am

mechgt wrote:TSS charts will then use FTPrun custom athlete property to calculate running TSS scores. If this is not done, then FTP values will continue to use FTPcycle. If no FTPcycle is defined, the it'll use a default FTP value (230 watts). If you go to: Athlete view > Custom Data Fields, you should see the new FTPrun assuming you've done the 3 steps above.

1)
Am I right mechgt that all those activities which are not linked to PowerRunner, even if they are not cycling activities like my hiking, weightlifting and swimming activities use FTPcycle when calculating TSS? So eg. if I write some values to NormPower field by some formula of Calculated Fields plugin of these activities then these activities simply will use my actual FTPcycle to get TSS, right?

2)
I revised my former rule that my FTPrun was 150%*FTPcycle, I decreased it to 133.33%*FTPcycle. So while I left my hypothetical ME for cycling to remain at 22%, I decreased it for cycling from 33% to 30% (more precisely 29.666˙%), which by now definitely dropped out of the earlier assumed ME range of running/walking.

Quote from one of my other posts:
"So far I used the same 22% for hiking and running, too, but recently I started to check the web for some researches as regards running and walking efficiency. My finding was that the overwhelming majority of the publications say that in case of running the efficiency is higher than the overall efficiency of human body (25%), it was put in the range of 35-80% depending on speed and authors. Watch out some high numbers being more than 50% is valid ony when it refers to Worktotal/net energy expenditure, which means that Wtotal included not just the external work for moving on the ground to go ahead but also the internal work to accelerate the limbs relative to the trunk."

Om the other hand my very short term peak powers seem still to confirm the ratio of 150%, but in the very short term my heart rate does not limit my performance like during the longer periods.

This revision just raised my curiosity what is the ratio of your and other users' FTPcycle and FTPrun. Can you please disclose it to satisfy my curiosity?

Thanks,
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Return to Training Load