by mechgt

Downloads: 12,931 (48) • Reviews: 18

Version:

Updated:

Aug 26, 2015

New Features?

New Features?

Postby the5krunner » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:23 am

So what new features are you working on Mech ?

There have been a few feature requests (including some from me) it would be interesting to know where yo are heading with TL both generally and specifically with individual features.

Not sure how you will be able to improve an excellent product that much though :D
the5krunner

Re: New Features?

Postby mechgt » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:42 pm

Right now, I am in fact actively working on Training Load, and the main new feature will be great for multisport athletes. CTL will be broken down so that you can see the CTL composition of run/bike/swim (or whatever you sports are interested in). In the image below you might notice that CTL is composed of 3 parts, and you'll see the cycling line is selected and showing details for the cycling component at this particular point in time. It's not quite ready yet, but I've got a working model and should be coming shortly :)

2012-11-09_1537.png
2012-11-09_1537.png (101.21 KiB) Viewed 32453 times
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby ViDi0T » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:49 pm

Awesome! Looks great.
ViDi0T
Donated!
Donated!

Postby panos » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:00 am

Great news.
The only thing missing now, is combining TRIMP from running and TSS from cycling on one chart, and on the same column (if both workouts done on the same day)
panos

Postby mnn » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:48 am

Is it possible in settings to create fields where you type in the ranges for the values in the graph? This way, the graphs are displayed automatically the way you want, saving time each time.

For instance, I always start out by setting CTL/ATL curve (y-axis) to go from 0 to 100 and the TSB to go from -50 to +15.
This is to have TSB curve in top, then CTL/ATL and then TRIMP in bottom. Otherwise they overlap.

Thanks.
mnn

Postby mechgt » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:59 pm

mnn wrote:Is it possible in settings to create fields where you type in the ranges for the values in the graph? This way, the graphs are displayed automatically the way you want, saving time each time.

For instance, I always start out by setting CTL/ATL curve (y-axis) to go from 0 to 100 and the TSB to go from -50 to +15.
This is to have TSB curve in top, then CTL/ATL and then TRIMP in bottom. Otherwise they overlap.

Thanks.

I'll put it on the list to investigate. No promises on this one though, I'll just have to see what can be done.
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby the5krunner » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:58 am

mechgt wrote:Right now, I am in fact actively working on Training Load, and the main new feature will be great for multisport athletes. CTL will be broken down so that you can see the CTL composition of run/bike/swim (or whatever you sports are interested in). In the image below you might notice that CTL is composed of 3 parts, and you'll see the cycling line is selected and showing details for the cycling component at this particular point in time. It's not quite ready yet, but I've got a working model and should be coming shortly :)

2012-11-09_1537.png

can you not get this info at present by choosing the sport type at the top of the screen? ie my activities>running

what would be (only vaguely) useful for me is to have running +cycling (ie excluding swimming).

re mnn's comments. i think that would be good, if possible. the defaults do work quite well though. i think this would be a great feature on many of the other sporttracks graphs rather than in just TL !!!!

i think ability to overlay other MANUALLY set horizontal lines would be good eg : TSB= -25 as a danger line for imminent bodily breakup (in my case) eg CTL -10% 2 weeks prior to race day (keep ctl above this to ensure raceday fitness).....things like that.
setting manual vertical lines would also be good to correspond with various cycles in training eg build, base, taper, etc....not sure if fitplan already has that (don't really use fitplan that much)
the5krunner

Postby panos » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:16 am

Hello mechgt

Can you please add elevation gained in Rolling Sum options ?

Thanxs
panos

Postby RecceDG » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:54 am

While we are on feature requests:

1. The ability to overlay year on year, rather than a continous strip chart.

Ideally implemented as:

a. View 1 - "Classic" Training Load view (no change from current layout)
b. View 2 - Overlay CTL, ATL, and TSB (probably one at a time) from year to year - so left hand side is January, right hand side is December, and each trace is a year's data
c. View 3 - Overlay CTL, ATL, and TSB from this year and last year (each trace can be switched on and off independantly). Display TRIMP/TSS bars from this year only.

2. Some of my activities (mostly weightload marches) for some reason get italizied out and contribute no TRIMP. It would be good to be able to configure this threshold somehow.

Thanks!

DG
RecceDG
Donated!
Donated!

Postby ACree » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:38 pm

Yes, this!

I keep the days shown in my chart at 730 just to be able to compare how this year is going compared to the last two years. Even better, an overlay of last year, current year actual to date, and current year per fit plan. Just like prior year, current year to date and current year budget in financial statements.

RecceDG wrote:While we are on feature requests:

Ideally implemented as:

b. View 2 - Overlay CTL, ATL, and TSB (probably one at a time) from year to year - so left hand side is January, right hand side is December, and each trace is a year's data
c. View 3 - Overlay CTL, ATL, and TSB from this year and last year (each trace can be switched on and off independantly). Display TRIMP/TSS bars from this year only.

2. Some of my activities (mostly weightload marches) for some reason get italizied out and contribute no TRIMP. It would be good to be able to configure this threshold somehow.

Thanks!

DG
ACree
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mechgt » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:28 pm

Ideally implemented as:

This sounds like a really cool idea, thanks for posting it :) I haven't heard this one before.

It almost certainly won't be in the next upcoming release (I want to get it finalized and sent out), but I'll definitely look into it.
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby ksherman » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:52 pm

The year on year is a good idea but it would be worth considering a setting for what constitutes the start of a year for training purposes. Calendar year is not necessarily the best especially for Southern Hemisphere.
Keith Sherman
Garmin Edge 800, Garmin Fenix3
Trek Domane 2016
Specialized Roubaix SL3 '11
Specialized Epic '15
ksherman
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mechgt » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:42 am

ksherman wrote:The year on year is a good idea but it would be worth considering a setting for what constitutes the start of a year for training purposes. Calendar year is not necessarily the best especially for Southern Hemisphere.

Of course. Sports always have their off seasons at different times; that'll definitely be considered.
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby scribben » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:28 pm

Apologies, this is probably not a new feature question but this discussion was the closest I could find to what my issue is. In training load's multisport mode, I cannot seem to figure out how to get the CTL curves for individual sports to recognize scheduled activities from Fit Plan. All of the sport specific curves decay after the activities that have been completed. I do have the activites identified as running or cycling in the "category" field. The scheduled activities do show up in the composite, which I can effectively filter by selecting "My Activities: Sport" but, even then, the fit plan stuff is not disciminated by sport (i.e. all of the scheduled training load shows up regardless of which sport I select). Can anyone tell me what might I be doing wrong? Thanks for the help.
scribben

Postby scribben » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:50 pm

It occurred to me after my post that I should probably check out the Fit Plan forums since the information is coming from there. It appears that all activities are lumped into the My Activities category and not recognized as different with respect to the CTL calcs. It may be something that is addressed in the future.

viewtopic.php?f=105&t=14346
scribben

Postby ACree » Tue May 13, 2014 6:11 pm

Any updates on Training Load feature progress, particularly this one?

mechgt wrote:

Ideally implemented as:

This sounds like a really cool idea, thanks for posting it :) I haven't heard this one before.

It almost certainly won't be in the next upcoming release (I want to get it finalized and sent out), but I'll definitely look into it.
ACree
Donated!
Donated!

Postby rogerpgvg » Wed May 14, 2014 3:57 am

Could I make another suggestion? I often want to see how my training was for races in the past to determine what the best approach is for a future race, but past races are difficult to find in the training load graph. It would be nice to be able to mark past races in the graph, for example by giving the TRIMP and TSS a different colour, or by inserting lines at the dates of the race (like we already have for the current date). Thanks for this very useful plugin!
rogerpgvg

Postby totops1 » Wed May 14, 2014 11:50 am

rogerpgvg wrote:Could I make another suggestion? I often want to see how my training was for races in the past to determine what the best approach is for a future race, but past races are difficult to find in the training load graph. It would be nice to be able to mark past races in the graph, for example by giving the TRIMP and TSS a different colour, or by inserting lines at the dates of the race (like we already have for the current date). Thanks for this very useful plugin!

I totally agree. Some sort of flag could even be displayed on top of the TRIMP bar so we could easily see it since there are already a lot of colors ?
totops1

Postby the5krunner » Tue May 20, 2014 4:08 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:Could I make another suggestion? I often want to see how my training was for races in the past to determine what the best approach is for a future race, but past races are difficult to find in the training load graph. It would be nice to be able to mark past races in the graph, for example by giving the TRIMP and TSS a different colour, or by inserting lines at the dates of the race (like we already have for the current date). Thanks for this very useful plugin!

+1
the5krunner

Return to Training Load