Downloads: 12,931 (48) • Reviews: 18

Version:

Updated:

Aug 26, 2015

How to handle duplicate activities

How to handle duplicate activities

Postby mechgt » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:58 am

Received this question via email:
email wrote:I just noticed that a 3 stage run I did at the weekend (7km, 16km and 9km) is being miscounted in Training Load.

After importing the data into ST3, I then manually joined those 3 events together to make a combined run of 32km. It seems that Training Load has calculated a TRIMP on the basis of 4 different runs on Sunday (I.e has double counted the individual runs, as well as the (Master) joined run.

I’m sure this could be fairly easily programmed out?

This situation might be better handled by managing what you've got in your logbook rather than the plugin attempting to guess at what your intentions are. In this case, you've got 4 activities on 1 day, and so 4 activities will be measured by ALL of ST, not just Training Load. In other words, if you look at distance total for that day, or total time (report view for instance) then you'll see that these activities are double counted everywhere, not just in Training Load. Consider removing one or the other, storing it in a separate category (My Friends Activities maybe?), or keeping it in a different logbook if you just can't delete it for whatever reason.
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Re: How to handle duplicate activities

Postby Tricky Dicky » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:30 pm

Thanks very much. Yes, I see now that ST3 doesn't handle this very elegantly in the first place, so no point fixing it in Training Load. I just deleted the three source activities leaving the joined on in place. From my point of view, problem solved. Thanks very much.
Tricky Dicky

Re: How to handle duplicate activities

Postby mazoaguirre » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:36 pm

Tricky Dicky wrote:Thanks very much. Yes, I see now that ST3 doesn't handle this very elegantly in the first place, so no point fixing it in Training Load. I just deleted the three source activities leaving the joined on in place. From my point of view, problem solved. Thanks very much.

the join activities creates new one to have a safe way of join it, if you dont like the result you can erase it and you have the originals

in my case i do a lot of several activities back to back run-walk-jog-run because i am trianin for an ultra, i have separate categories for each one, but have in My Friend`s Activities the joines one, or some times i just let the FR 310 runs without any stops so need to split it , but in both cases i have to version the joines or the splited 8)
FR 310 and Foot Pod, Edge 500 and Cadence Sensor, GoPro HD 960
mazoaguirre.com
mazoaguirre
Contributor!
Contributor!

Return to Training Load