Garmin Dakota - Heart

Garmin Dakota - Heart

Postby mashe » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:22 pm

Hi,

I am using Garmig Dakota 20 & Garmin Premium Heart Rate Monitor (Soft Strap) and I have a problem. I can without any problem get tracks data from GPX, but it doesn't show heart data. When using garmin connect I have to do it manualy but it works. I was hoping to use some pro software (I won't mind spending those few bugs for as long as it works) that actually works. Is there any way around it? or you don't support this?

thx
mashe

Re: Garmin Dakota - Heart

Postby old_man_biking » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:30 am

mashe wrote:Hi,

I am using Garmig Dakota 20 & Garmin Premium Heart Rate Monitor (Soft Strap) and I have a problem. I can without any problem get tracks data from GPX, but it doesn't show heart data. When using garmin connect I have to do it manualy but it works. I was hoping to use some pro software (I won't mind spending those few bugs for as long as it works) that actually works. Is there any way around it? or you don't support this?

thx

Hhm, the same works flawlessly with my Garmin Oregon - a similar device - and SportTracks version 3.
Have a look at the GPX file from the oregon. It's human readable. Does it contain heart rate subentries within the "<trkpt>" entries?

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mashe » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:47 am

I tried again .. and it seems working .. no idea what I did wrong last time .. and the "<trkpt>" entries are part of the track. thx ;)
mashe

Postby abscam » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:16 pm

I've been using sport tracks 2.x and now trying the 3.x version. Last Summer the calories stopped showing up in sporttracks. HR shows up, although sometimes I have to go back and edit and import the HR. Nowhere can I find any file other than .gpx on the garmin to try and import a different format...
-cjd
abscam

Postby argon70cv » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:40 pm

First, have you saved the track with your heart data? Yes?
- Connect your Dakota to the PC
- Start BaseCamp; the Dakota is recognized and you can see the tracks under "All Data"
- Click All Data, then on the requested track (something like "27-LUG-11 10:51:24 PM") in the lower field
- Right click on it, then select "Properties"
- In the window you will find your heart data in the "Heart Rate" column. Eventually scroll to the right if you can't see it.
- You can select all the lines in the report, shift clicking on them, right clicking and selecting "Copy"
- Now you can paste the data in a word processor, in a spreadsheet, and so on!
argon70cv

Return to Garmin