Training Analysis

by old_man_biking

Downloads: 2,939 (12) • Reviews: 3

Version:

Updated:

Jan 14, 2016

New plugin "Training Analysis"

Postby old_man_biking » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:02 am

I don't plan this. As racerfern has said (2 posts above), these measures are implemented in other plugins. And it doesn't make much sense to provide parallel implementations in different plugins.

Do you miss anything?

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Andre77ab » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:02 am

The possibility to compare over time: http://blog.trainingpeaks.com/wp-conten ... inspmc.png
The VI could be included so no need to install other plug-in, isn't it? since a nice feature of your is to print the training value
Andre77ab
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mlennox » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:54 pm

I'd like to see total work (kJ)in ther somewhere.
mlennox

Postby Andre77ab » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:38 pm

Indeed would be nice if will be directly downloaded from the Garmin (with power meter is pretty accurate) :D
Andre77ab
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mlennox » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:45 pm

Andre77ab wrote:Indeed would be nice if will be directly downloaded from the Garmin (with power meter is pretty accurate) :D

Although it can easily (and accurately) be calculated after the fact from the power track.
mlennox

Re: New plugin "Training Analysis"

Postby ron_stone » Sun May 01, 2011 12:31 pm

I'm not able to activate the trial license.
(I have no other known internet access problems with ST or otherwise). Maps load. Updates get checked for, etc.

When I click "Try out", the window header for Activation codes says "(Not Responding)" for a few seconds.
Then after a few more seconds...
The final window says: "The operation has timed out."

The same thing happened when I tried to load the trial version of Dot Racing.

Any suggestions?
ron_stone

Postby old_man_biking » Mon May 02, 2011 1:20 am

This MIGHT happen for a short while when my license server is unavailable for whatever reason.
If this persists, it points to problems with your internet connection, firewall configuration, ...
Are you connected to the Internet from a company intranet? If yes, try this out when connected to the internet from your home with a "normal" ISP.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby 7270martin » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:06 am

What about adding a view with the different standard power zones of ST into the correlation part of this plugin (standard view: pedal force vs. cadence)?

Like in Golden Cheetah, see sixth picture from above.
http://goldencheetah.org/screenshots.html

What about an integration of the gear analysis plugin for the correlation part of this plugin? this would be very nice and would be something which is not available in other software such as wko+ or golden cheetah.
7270martin
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:19 am

Hhm, this isn't supported by ST's charting control and would require quite of lot of individual coding.
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby svarteld » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:14 pm

Nice seeing EF implemented; Efficiency Factor. Seems you're subtracting 60 from HR, so EFn=CPn/(HRn-60). I've adjusted my own Calculated Fields formulas to match this plugins EF. The graph form of EF is really interesting, as is the correlation graph between EF and different factors, such as Cadence...

Now, it seems like there's no way of reading the custom data fields that this plugin generates, outside of the plugin. I'd really think people like to track EFn outside this plugin, so to rate different workouts against each other in the normal application table, graphs, and also in plugins like Wonni's Find the Best, etc. Could you please make the fields the plugin generates accessible globally?

Great plugin, thanks! /P
svarteld

Postby old_man_biking » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:26 am

There was a discussion in the ST developer forum a while ago to the the SportTracks API support CALCULATED custom data fields (which depend upon other values of an activity, rather than plain CDFs that contain just a static value).
I wanted to wait for results of this discussion before adding EFs, ... to custom data fields.
Obviously this idea hasn't made much (any) progress since then.
So I think I'll move on and make a plain vanilla implementation of these values as CDFs.
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby svarteld » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:59 am

Much appreciated, thanks for listening, Mr wiggeling ear ;)

Adding splits graphically is also a big improvement, nice work – Training Analysis is what makes SportTracks really shine.

The other really useful plugin is Activity Documentation, I think – together with TA it's the two most useful plugins. Maybe you're at work updating AD to support some new stuff now found in TA? I'd love to see the EF graph in AD too, for instance.

Among other things, AD is nice for seeing change in TA parameters over time and many workouts. Adding some kind of graph that can default to "x months back in time" to track arbitrary TA parameters, such as EFn, CPn etc, would be high on my list. The current date range in the graphs in AD is a little tricky to work with, imho.

Feedback tend to focus on improvements. I'd like to point out that your plugins are *really* great though.
svarteld

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:51 pm

OMB,

Was this request (viewtopic.php?f=37&t=12680) not intended to be solved, I mean you simply had a different view about it, or was there an intention but something went wrong with the fix?

I have to be resizing the windows on Critical Power tab after each run of ST3.
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:04 am

Is it my mistake to suffer with the resizing?

In the meantime me and Weather plugin deepened our friendship more, because the undock function of THAT plugin remembers the sizing of the chart window.

Any workaorund with the chart of TA?
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Postby old_man_biking » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:32 am

Sorry, but I've overlooked your previous post.

Undocking is a generic mechanism used throughout my plugins. So if it works in one plugin, it should equally work in another plugin.

Ok, that's been the theory.
I've just tried it out and - ouch - the undocked TA window seems to be forgettable :oops:
Will have a look.

Cheers,
OMB

EDITED:
Of course I'm right - as usual :lol:: All my plugins use the very same un/docking mechanism, so they should all behave equal.

But obviously I had "improved" that mechanism just before I released the TA plugin, and in fact broke it somehow :cry: :cry: .
So the older Weather plugin still has the non-broken older implementation an the TA plugin has the newer broken one.
Hopefully fixed for the next version.
Thanks a lot for your thoroughness and perseverance.
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:32 am

Dont mention it!

Finally everybody gets his fair share. ;-)
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:50 am

old_man_biking wrote:Sorry, but I've overlooked your previous post.

Undocking is a generic mechanism used throughout my plugins. So if it works in one plugin, it should equally work in another plugin.

Ok, that's been the theory.
I've just tried it out and - ouch - the undocked TA window seems to be forgettable :oops:
Will have a look.

Cheers,
OMB

EDITED:
Of course I'm right - as usual :lol:: All my plugins use the very same un/docking mechanism, so they should all behave equal.

But obviously I had "improved" that mechanism just before I released the TA plugin, and in fact broke it somehow :cry: :cry: .
So the older Weather plugin still has the non-broken older implementation an the TA plugin has the newer broken one.
Hopefully fixed for the next version.
Thanks a lot for your thoroughness and perseverance.

I was also not so vigilant. To be honest I have been not struggling with the undocking of TA, it was just a workaround for me. My real observation was that there are three parts of the Critical tab window, and I have to resize these three parts after each run of ST3.
Weather plugin remembers whether I allocate more space for the table or for the chart. TA's Critical Tab does not remember whether I allocate more for the table, for the "power/..." chart or for "Critical Power (W)".
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Postby old_man_biking » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:59 am

Ok, so it's not about undocking at all (there was a bug as well), but about the relative sizes of PARTS of a dialog.
Right?
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:17 am

old_man_biking wrote:Ok, so it's not about undocking at all (there was a bug as well), but about the relative sizes of PARTS of a dialog.
Right?

Yep. And I am really sorry that my scythe has hit another bug. :lol:
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Postby hill » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:24 am

my training analysis plugin is missing and cannot be reinstalled. i#m not sure if it misses since the last update or whatever else happend.
hill

Postby old_man_biking » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:47 am

Update of WHAT - ST or the plugin?
What does "cannot be reinstalled" mean exactly? Any error messages?
Did you have a look in the ST system log (-> Settings:System) to see if there are any obvious error messages?
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Previous

Return to Training Analysis