Yes, it's a bug.
Fixed for the next release.

Thanks,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby 7270martin » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:04 am

7270martin wrote:What about dots for activity 1, triangles for activity 2, squares for activity 3? Especially when using higher averages, it should not be too much data in one chart and you still it provides some valuable information. Maybe reduce the contrast of the symbols for activity 2 and 3?

If you allow the analysis of several acitivties (e.g. max of 3, more is probably not necessary for most users):

Instead of using different symbols (triangles, squares etc.), it is maybe more readable if the different activities are displayed in different colors. E.g. activity 1 with red dots, activity 2 with blue dots, activity 3 with green dots. The regression lines for activity 1-3 can also be displayed in red, blue, green.

In order to still see the time indication (when the dots 'happened' during the activity), it would be helpful to use a scala from light red to dark red for the dots for activity 1, light blue to dark blue for activity 2 and light green to dark green for activity 3.

Would be great if such a multi activity scatter chart analysis could be realized!!!
7270martin
Donated!
Donated!

After Import Plugin Compatability?

Postby runstodboy » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:38 pm

Hi OMB,

Are you planning on releasing an update to the After Import plugin to Analyze the power using your new training analysis plugin?

Thanks for some great plugins!
Run Well, Be Well
runstodboy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:39 am

This is not necessary.
You might have noticed that the new TrainingAnalysis doesn't have an action "Analyze ..." like the old PowerAnalysis plugin.

The new plugin automatically calculates its measures when necessary (i.e. when the activity is newly imported and displayed for the first time or when it has been changed). You might have noticed that ST asks you if you want to save the modified logbook, when you haven't changed anything actively, but only displayed the Training Analysis of an activity for the first time. This is the reason why.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby DavidCHall » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:48 am

old_man_biking wrote:You might have noticed that the new TrainingAnalysis doesn't have an action "Analyze ..." like the old PowerAnalysis plugin.

The background process either takes very quickly, or very much in the background: Either way the user doesn't see it happening: I like the idea that computer code should just do it's job without asking or being apparent.
DavidCHall
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:47 am

Analysis should in fact be very fast.
The only time that you'll notice a major delay, will be when MANY activities have to be analyzed - e.g. when you create a report with a "Critical Power" column in Activity Documentation Plugin and have never opened the Training Analysis detail page for one of these activities before. Subsequent report creations will be lightning fast again, because the analysis results will have been saved in your logbook.

Yes, I try to shift tasks behind the scenes that shouldn't get to the user's attention and don't need her interaction.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mlennox » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:06 am

2 things I'd like to see from this plugin is normalized power, and all the various power numbers on a per-split basis. Or perhaps this already exists and I'm not seeing it?
mlennox

Postby mlennox » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:53 am

mlennox wrote:2 things I'd like to see from this plugin is normalized power, and all the various power numbers on a per-split basis. Or perhaps this already exists and I'm not seeing it?

OMB, can you provide info on this?
mlennox

Postby old_man_biking » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:42 am

Normalized Power for an activity as a whole is implemented on the "Performance Indices" tab of the plugin's detail page.

Who else would be interested to see figures on a per split basis? Which figures (please don't say "all", this would be too cheap an answer :) ).

Cheers,
OMB
Last edited by old_man_biking on Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby racerfern » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:59 am

I think the only important one would be Normalized Power because if someone does an interval longer than 20 minutes, NP becomes an important metric. Under 10 minutes NP is basically useless but for longer intervals it is important.
Fernando
racerfern
Donated!
Donated!

Postby DavidCHall » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:21 pm

old_man_biking wrote:Who else would be interested to see figures on a per split basis? Which figures (please don't say "all", this would be too cheap an answer :) ).

Perhaps not per lap: But how about treating selected laps as an activity, and then treating this as the activity for analysis.
DavidCHall
Donated!
Donated!

Postby camel » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:47 pm

I vote for adding analysis per splits in correlation tab. And show lap splits in graph too.
camel
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mlennox » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:24 am

old_man_biking wrote:Normalized Power for an activity as a whole is implemented on the "Performance Indices" tab of the plugin's detail page.

Who else would be interested to see figures on a per split basis? Which figures (please don't say "all", this would be too cheap an answer :) ).

Cheers,
OMB

I see the normalized power now. The other performance index I'd like to see is total work (kJ).

For the per-split analysis, power, non-zero power, normalized power
mlennox

Postby racerfern » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:01 pm

DavidCHall wrote:Perhaps not per lap: But how about treating selected laps as an activity, and then treating this as the activity for analysis.

Treating individual laps as separate activities has tremendous potential. I have a couple of hills that I do intervals on regularly. Up to 12 minutes at various power levels. Right now I use the Multi-File Range Analysis part of WKO to compare the laps, even across different days. It works, but not very elegantly. SportTracks users would benefit greatly from some sort of lap analysis especially across days.
Fernando
racerfern
Donated!
Donated!

Cannot installed the released version of the plugin - Win7

Postby rikicarra » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:12 pm

I had installed the beta version, expired June 20. Tried to install the released version, the installation apparently it's succesfull but still the beta version is there and not the released version. Each startup I get an error message. In the log file I have this:
ERROR Could not load plugin C:\ProgramData\ZoneFiveSoftware\SportTracks\2.0\Plugins\Installed\d10fa1d4-4d87-4e01-aebc-31944690431e\TrainingAnalysisPlugin.dll. An exception occurred during initialization.

I run Win7 Professional
I don't find in the C: drive the folder specified in the log.

I would like to uninstall the beta, but couldn't find any way to do so.
rikicarra

Postby racerfern » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:28 pm

Try uninstall in control panel also in Start Menu under Old Man Bikings... there are more subfolders for each of his plugins and there are uninstall options there.

At least that's how it is under Win 7 64bit Home Premium.
Fernando
racerfern
Donated!
Donated!

Postby rikicarra » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:59 pm

racerfern wrote:Try uninstall in control panel also in Start Menu under Old Man Bikings... there are more subfolders for each of his plugins and there are uninstall options there.

At least that's how it is under Win 7 64bit Home Premium.

Fernando,
thanks for your answer.
I have been able to uninstall V2 from control panel, but the beta is still there and apparently don't working. I cannot find a way to uninstall it! :(
rikicarra

Postby old_man_biking » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:04 pm

This is rather strange.
There's a manual workaround:

Open ST and go to the plugin's settings page.
On the bottom of the page you find the path, where the plugin is installed. Open this folder (the one with the cryptic name) in Windows Explorer and delete it with all its contens (*.dll and de/fr/... subfolders).

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby rikicarra » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:07 pm

old_man_biking wrote:This is rather strange.
There's a manual workaround:

Open ST and go to the plugin's settings page.
On the bottom of the page you find the path, where the plugin is installed. Open this folder (the one with the cryptic name) in Windows Explorer and delete it with all its contens (*.dll and de/fr/... subfolders).

Cheers,
OMB

Yes! Now it works! :D
The ProgramData folder was hidden, previosly I wasn't finding it...

Thank you.
rikicarra

New plugin "Training Analysis" - Lactate value

Postby liang114 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:49 pm

Hi OMB,

Maybe this is a stupid question but how can I know my lactate value at a certain time? Do I need some kind of special machine to test it? Thanks for your time!

Fred
liang114
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:25 am

There are no stupid questions - only users who are too lazy to use Google or Wikipedia :evil: :evil:

http://www.google.de/#q=measuring+lactate
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Andre77ab » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:29 pm

What about quadrant analysis, TSB and VI (variability indexes) feature for this plug-in for ST3 :?:
Andre77ab
Donated!
Donated!

Postby racerfern » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:36 pm

Andre77ab wrote:What about quadrant analysis, TSB and VI (variability indexes) feature for this plug-in for ST3 :?:

Quadrant Analysis is available from MechGT at:
http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/sporttr ... php?id=158

TSB with CTL/ATL/TSS/TRIMP including forecasting:
http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/sporttr ... php?id=160

VI was available in the ST2 version of Training Planner but hasn't been implemented in any ST3 so far.

A lot of the plugins still have rough edges since ST3 is just coming out of beta.
Fernando
racerfern
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:02 am

Quadrant Analysis (Pedal force vs. cadence correlation chart) is available in Training Analysis plugin as well, even if I don't name it like this.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

New TA ST3 feature

Postby Andre77ab » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:09 am

Indeed you're right! :wink:

Are you planning to implement more data for the ST3 version like: VI,TSB with CTL/ATL/TRIMP?
Last edited by Andre77ab on Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Andre77ab
Donated!
Donated!

PreviousNext

Return to Training Analysis