by old_man_biking

Downloads: 2,939 (12) • Reviews: 3

Version:

Updated:

Jan 14, 2016

Full Critical Power Curve Profile - How Do I see It please

Full Critical Power Curve Profile - How Do I see It please

Postby the5krunner » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:06 am

I have RTFM ie http://www.sporttracks-plugins.com/Spor ... index.html (well I've glanced over it)

I'm trying to see my critical power curve profile.

By that I mean the curve that adds up power durations OVER SEVERAL ACTIVITIES

the training analysis plugin seems only to provide it for 1 (or 2?) activities. Is this right?

Knowing a criticalpower for one specific exercise is obviously useful eg in a CP 20 test

However knowing it over several rides and tests is useful for understanding rider strengths and weaknesses

The mean-max plugin seems to do what I want except the X-axis on that curve is extremely hard to interpret (logarithmic?)
the5krunner

Re: Full Critical Power Curve Profile - How Do I see It ple

Postby panos » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:55 am

I don't know the answer to your question.

But i know that if you want serious analysis for cycling you better use golden cheetah.
It is free, it does what you are asking and it has a very nice feature called "trend line" which shows you
how your selected metrics for the same type of workout progress during time.
panos

Postby admin » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:45 am

Mean-max plugin is your answer for the PC app. Logarithmic x-axis is fairly standard. I don't know of any software that doesn't present a log plot on time for critical power plots.

In our online app you can show critical power for multiple workouts at discrete times (cp10, 20, 60, etc) filtered by sport and date, which is useful for seasonal analysis. The "PR Timeline" will show you how your CP has progressed on your time - indicating each workout where you broke a previous CP record.
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby the5krunner » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:37 pm

admin wrote:Mean-max plugin is your answer for the PC app. Logarithmic x-axis is fairly standard. I don't know of any software that doesn't present a log plot on time for critical power plots.

In our online app you can show critical power for multiple workouts at discrete times (cp10, 20, 60, etc) filtered by sport and date, which is useful for seasonal analysis. The "PR Timeline" will show you how your CP has progressed on your time - indicating each workout where you broke a previous CP record.

log is difficult to understand and interpret IMO

however the .mobi functionality sounds perfect !!

looked at golden cheetah..couldn't find what I wanted but i'm sure it's there somewhere. will have to invest more time researching (or use .mobi ... which would be significantly easier!)
the5krunner

Return to Training Analysis