by old_man_biking

Downloads: 2,939 (12) • Reviews: 3

Version:

Updated:

Jan 14, 2016

Training analysis plugin Power hiccup again

Training analysis plugin Power hiccup again

Postby oeagleo » Fri May 31, 2013 6:27 pm

I have moved to a Suunto Ambit 2 device, and while it does everything I'd like, I'm still having trouble with the Training Analysis plugin with it. For some reason, when importing into ST3 from the XML file, training data does not import, even though it does import into Movescount. Even provides a nice little color coded map showing the power output at various places on the map. However, this power info does not move into ST3, and I suspect that is due to the plugin (Ambit import) not bringing it in. I have attempted contact with that author to discuss that point.

However, the workaround was to import the iBike ride file, and it imported nicely, and gives me power data in places where it's expected. Apparently, all is/was well, until I went into the Training Analysis page, and got an exception, which I have uploaded here. Basically, "Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow. I have power "numbers" but no graphs showing nominal, peak, average power, nor in the Documentation plugin, the E-mail does not have any data for the power, or (oddly enough) cadence. Any help?
Attachments
Baker Power Issues.fitlog
Fitlog exported from ST3 after importing iBike ride file.
(83.46 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
Training Analysis Plugin Error.jpg
Plugin Error Message
Training Analysis Plugin Error.jpg (66.36 KiB) Viewed 3801 times
oeagleo

Re: Training analysis plugin Power hiccup again

Postby old_man_biking » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:24 am

There has been a very similar post recently - also in conjunction with an iBike.
You .FITLOG file shows an identical anomality: the cadence and power track start nearly 25000 seconds BEFORE all other tracks.
I assume that the .FITLOG file was imported with incorrect timestamp (maybe a local vs. UTC time issue) so that the merge of 2 imports creates that data garbage.
So check the way you're importing - maybe it's even an issue of the iBike importer.

The plugin is led astray by this 25000 second gab. I've already hardened the plugin, so that it won't fail. That change is not yet released however.
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Training Analysis