Downloads: 2,939 (12) • Reviews: 3

Version:

Updated:

Jan 14, 2016

Training analysis: pace displayed instead of velocity

Training analysis: pace displayed instead of velocity

Postby Flugboot » Fri May 31, 2013 3:35 pm

Hello,
when I apply the training analysis (German Version: "Trainingsanalyse") to display a graph (line-diagram) against time or distance ("Andere Aufzeichnungen") and I select the SPEED diagram (German Version: "Tempo"), then not the VELOCITY (= distance / time) but PACE (time / distance) will be shown. However, as in most trainings sessions there is also a pause (velocity = 0) the pace value will become infinite (respectively divison by zero) making the graph useless. Also, cyclists are generelly more interested in velocity instead of pace.
Is there a way to configure Training Analysis that for "Tempo" distance / time (km / h) and not time / distance (min / km) will be displayed?
If not, I would kindly ask the programmer of the plugin to eliminate this bug or to allow the selection between VELOCITY and PACE diagrams.

By the way, in other diagrams, e.g. the "Geschwindigkeit" (velocity) diagram the correct parameter (distance / time) is displayed if I select the activity "Cycling", therefore it is very unlikely that there is problem of data import the from the GPS unit (I am mainly using Garmin Foretrex 401 and Forerunner 305).

Thanks for your help!

Flugboot
Flugboot

Re: Training analysis: pace displayed instead of velocity

Postby old_man_biking » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:28 am

German "Tempo" means pace,
"Geschwindigkeit" means speed.
These are the wordings consistently used throughout SportTracks.

Both speed and pace are provided in the list of the "Mehr Diagramme" dialog on "Andere Aufzeichnungen" tab.
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Training Analysis