Page 1 of 1

New User, Training Analysis Hiccup

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:12 pm
by oeagleo
I'm a new user, to both SportTracks, Power Meters, (I use an iBike Aero), and the Training analysis plugin. This info is to make "room" for the possibility that the error I'm seeing is my own doing, but when I go into the Training Analysis plugin, I get a couple of error messages, when I go in initially, and the tab is automatically set on "Performance Indices", I get the following error:

Caught an unexpected exception
Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
at OldManBiking.SporttracksPlugins.Data.Fitness.CriticalPower.Sample(IList`1 entries)
at OldManBiking.SporttracksPlugins.Data.Fitness.CriticalPower.GetPowerAtIntervals(TrackHelper trackHelper, Single& offsetSeconds)
at OldManBiking.SporttracksPlugins.Data.Fitness.CriticalPower.Analyze()
at OldManBiking.SporttracksPlugins.Data.Fitness.CriticalPower.get_CP()
at OldManBiking.TrainingAnalysisPlugin.UI.ActivityDetailPages.TabPagePerformanceIndices.Recalculate()
at OldManBiking.SporttracksPlugins.UI.Controls.OMBUserControl.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)

If I move to the "Critical Power" tab, I get another error similar to the one above, and the values are skewed.
What have I done, Oh wise one???
Thanks
Steve

Re: New User, Training Analysis Hiccup

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:28 am
by old_man_biking
Would you please export the affected activity to a .FITLOG file and zip and attach that to your post.

Cheers,
OMB

Re: New User, Training Analysis Hiccup

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:43 am
by oeagleo
Sorry, here it comes, (I hope)

Re: New User, Training Analysis Hiccup

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:13 am
by old_man_biking
I don't know how you created/imported that activity, but the data are for sure inconsistent.
Have a look at your file: you find two lines:
no. 5: <Activity StartTime="2013-05-16T18:19:09Z" Id="737b37f8-a10d-4a21-9c75-58cff5fac7ff">
no. 32: <Track StartTime="2013-05-16T11:19:04Z">

The track begins 7 hours before the activity !?!
This looks like a local/UTC time issue.
I'm pretty sure that the iBike plugin might have caused this "hickup".

At a 2nd glance: you seem to have updated a 1st import with a 2nd import of power, but the two data sets are shifted by 7 hours - most probably a local time vs. UTC time issue.

The TA plugin shouldn't be led astray by that and should fail gracefully, but the primary cause of trouble is the strange import of this activity.
I'll see how I can harden the TA plugin to fail gracefully in this case and not cause exceptions.

Re: New User, Training Analysis Hiccup

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:48 am
by oeagleo
Okay, thanks for the info, as I said, I'm new. I'll see if there's a way to handle the time function in iBike, and poke around to make them seem to be a bit more in agreement with each other.
Thanks for your help, I look forward to your update to prevent stupid mistakes such as this from happening... :-(

Steve

Re: New User, Training Analysis Hiccup

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:52 am
by oeagleo
I just checked, and in both, Issac (iBike software), and in Garmin Connect, (generated the .FIT file) the start time is 12:19pm! I will have to see if there's someplace else that I can change the time zone, wonder if Isaac has a setting to establish the GMT +7 offset.. Also checked the .csv file exported from Isaac, and it's stating the same thing, time/date of 5/16/13, 12:19..
Hmmm Thanks.
Steve

Re: New User, Training Analysis Hiccup

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:47 pm
by texmurphy
Interesting fitlog - there is only time and power for the first 2411 seconds and then full trackpoint data after 25205 seconds.

One thought - use Isaac to do the merge of the .ibr and the .fit and then export from Isaac as a tcx for import to ST.
Either way there are often problems with pause timing.

Re: New User, Training Analysis Hiccup

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:40 pm
by oeagleo
@Texmurphy, that doesn't make sense, that ride was only 45 minutes long, there has to be something else going on there. I'll just wait and see what happens when I go on another ride, if the weather clears up.

One thing I just thought of, for all helpers. Maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but I have a Garmin 910XT unit, and have it "connected" to the iBike with the iBike upgrade "GT". Therefore, the iBike, and the Garmin talk to each other, the Garmin recognizes the iBike as a power meter, and apparently records that information in the Garmin. I wonder if I'm creating a redundancy of data by importing the data from the iBike into the Garmin file? I was wondering if there is any other data that the iBike records that may not be coming over, perhaps the TSS, or TRIMP?

Next time, I'll simply import the .FIT file, and give TA a shot, and see if that cures the problem.

"Ah, new user's, gotta love 'em!"

Re: New User, Training Analysis Hiccup

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:44 pm
by oeagleo
*****NEW USER ALERT!! NEW USER ALERT******

I just deleted the ride activity in ST for the 16th, then reimported it without the iBike export, and Viola! No hiccup, no problem, and data in all of the fields!

Sorry OMB for pulling your chain, my bad... I promise, I won't do THAT again! Redundant data has to be causing the problem.. *sigh*

*****END NEW USER ALERT!!! **********

By the way, I did the same thing with the other file I "merged" the two files with, and it fixed it too. I guess everything is in the Garmin 910XT, I don't need to import anything from Isaac.. *sigh*