by old_man_biking

Downloads: 2,939 (12) • Reviews: 3

Version:

Updated:

Jan 14, 2016

Precision of Zones for CPV

Precision of Zones for CPV

Postby brittf » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:47 am

Quick question - is there any way to have more than one decimal point of precision for the CPV zones in Training Analysis?

Right now, it appears that the precision is limited to one decimal point (eg. Range = 1.6 to 1.8 m/s for my "Normal" CPV). The challenge is that this does not then match up to my "Normal" range for Cadence, as set in SportTrack Categories and used by Filtered Statistics (eg. Range is 85 to 100 rpm, with 175 mm crank). I can do the translation calculations, and I would need to set my "Normal" CPV range in Training Analysis to 1.558 to 1.833 m/s to match up. Of course, the same is true for all of the other ranges as well - I simply use this one for illustration.

Why does this matter?

I use Filtered Statistics to do some fairly comprehensive data analysis of my rides. Sometimes I am filtering on a particular cadence (along with other parameters), and want to see where the points fall (visually) on, for example, your Quadrant Analysis. Due to the limit on one decimal place precision, I cannot make the ranges match up.

It seems a relatively simple fix, so just asking...

Regards,
brittf
brittf

Re: Precision of Zones for CPV

Postby old_man_biking » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:16 am

You can enter values with arbitrary precision (well about 5 decimal digits). The plugin stores these and uses them for calculations.
It just rounds them for display.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby brittf » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:28 pm

Yes, thank you. I see that now.

I actually DID try inputting the higher-precision numbers, but the gridlines did not change, so I assumed it was ignoring the further precision. However, once I shut down and restarted, the gridlines were now in place.

Much appreciated.
brittf

Postby old_man_biking » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:14 am

I'll add a change to the next version that will adjust the number of displayed digits for zone limits according to the magnitude of the highest zone.
Btw, I couldn't reproduce your "grid lines did not change" issue. Anyway.
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Training Analysis