Downloads: 2,939 (12) • Reviews: 3

Version:

Updated:

Jan 14, 2016

Set FTP bug

Set FTP bug

Postby racerfern » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:01 pm

In the Athlete > Training Analysis FTP menu:
I set my FTP to 200w on Jan 01, 2011. On March 1, 2011 I set it to 210w.

I have not set it again but as of March 28, 2011 it drops to 200w without any other input. I noticed this because TSS was showing higher than it should have been.

It appears the value only holds for 28 days.
Fernando
racerfern
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Set FTP bug

Postby old_man_biking » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:25 am

racerfern wrote:In the Athlete > Training Analysis FTP menu:

I have not set it again but as of March 28, 2011 it drops to 200w without any other input. I noticed this because TSS was showing higher than it should have been.

?? I'm not sure if I understand your problem. ??

Did you set it ON these dates or FOR these dates?
When FTP is set for a particular date, it is valid from this date until the next date that has a FTP setting. Much like the other standard athlete parameters.

Do you use a development version of TA that I sent you?
I've just discovered a bug in the routine that sets FTP. The bug wasn't present in the latest official version, but in development versions over the previous weeks.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Stumpjumper68 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:09 am

racerfern wrote:In the Athlete > Training Analysis FTP menu:

Hi racerfern didn't you checked a fitlog from another forum user with a setting of 200w. Maybe that has caused the drop down. :?:
Stumpjumper68
Donated!
Donated!

Postby racerfern » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:17 am

Good question, but no. I keep a separate logbook for testing of other data and activities.

However, I also keep two logbooks of my own activities and one logbook keeps the current FTP as one would expect, as far as I can tell.

The other loses its setting after 28 days. I worked around by putting in the same FTP three weeks later and I'll keep an eye on it.

The problem is you don't know if there's a problem unless you spot something like TSS drifting away from what it should be or happen to notice the bottom line of Training Analysis doesn't have the FTP number it should have.
Fernando
racerfern
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:18 am

How about my questions?
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby racerfern » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:35 am

@OMB

I set the FTP to 200 on 01/01/2011. Note that when I click on any day forward of that in the calendar it shows the set date as 12/31/2010, back one day.

Then on 03/01/2011 I upped my FTP to 210 which when you click on a date it shows as of 02/28/2011.

Yesterday I noticed a discrepancy with TSS between TA and TL and happened to notice the Threshold power, bottom number under Performance Indices was at 200 not 210 as it should be.

I switched to the Athlete > Training Analysis settings and started clicking dates. The FTP of 210w was held until 03/28/2011 whereupon it dropped to 200 without any input to make it do that. I did a workaround by setting to 210w once again on 03/27/2011.

I'm not sure what happened or how to duplicate it since once you enter FTP for a date you can't "delete" it. At this point the correct FTP of 210w is holding properly as I switch forward through the calendar. I will keep an eye on it and report back. I am also going to load in a copy from yesterday and see if that shows the error so I can provide a screenshot.

This may be an error on my part but I don't think so. However it does bring up this susggestion:

Have a way of showing where the FTP dates are set, either on the calendar or in the list.
Fernando
racerfern
Donated!
Donated!

Postby racerfern » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:49 am

Did you set it ON these dates or FOR these dates?
When FTP is set for a particular date, it is valid from this date until the next date that has a FTP setting. Much like the other standard athlete parameters.

Do you use a development version of TA that I sent you?
I've just discovered a bug in the routine that sets FTP. The bug wasn't present in the latest official version, but in development versions over the previous weeks.

SORRY!
I click a date in the calendar then input the wattage number. So to me that's ON this date although it later shows from the day before.

This is the release version of TA v3.0.3933
Fernando
racerfern
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:56 pm

racerfern wrote:@OMB

I set the FTP to 200 on 01/01/2011. Note that when I click on any day forward of that in the calendar it shows the set date as 12/31/2010, back one day.

Then on 03/01/2011 I upped my FTP to 210 which when you click on a date it shows as of 02/28/2011.

Yesterday I noticed a discrepancy with TSS between TA and TL and happened to notice the Threshold power, bottom number under Performance Indices was at 200 not 210 as it should be.

I switched to the Athlete > Training Analysis settings and started clicking dates. The FTP of 210w was held until 03/28/2011 whereupon it dropped to 200 without any input to make it do that. I did a workaround by setting to 210w once again on 03/27/2011.

I'm not sure what happened or how to duplicate it since once you enter FTP for a date you can't "delete" it. At this point the correct FTP of 210w is holding properly as I switch forward through the calendar. I will keep an eye on it and report back. I am also going to load in a copy from yesterday and see if that shows the error so I can provide a screenshot.

This may be an error on my part but I don't think so. However it does bring up this susggestion:

Have a way of showing where the FTP dates are set, either on the calendar or in the list.

The "day before" issue seems to be one of UTC/local time. I think/hope I've fixed it in my current development version.

There are 2 places where you can set FTP in my plugin:
- activity detail page "Training Analysis", tab "Performance Indices": click on the edity symbol (pen) in the FTP row (this is the ST2 vintage way to edit it)
- athlete view, detail page "Training Analysis"

When you view FTP for any date where you have not set FTP explicitly, the previous entry is used. Both views show you its date:
in athlete view it's displayed with the FTP value, on daily activity view, you must click on the edit symbol to see it.
In both views you can delete a FTP value by simply clearing the input field. FTP then falls back to the previous entry - or 250W if there's none.
In one of the next versions I'll switch to Custom Data Fields to store FTP values. Then you can easily view them in a column of the "History" table of athlete view.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby racerfern » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:23 pm

I use the Athlete View exclusively.

I look forward to seeing a Custom Data Field and hopefully it will be shared by all the plugins that use FTP.
Fernando
racerfern
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:38 am

If I remember right, there are already several FTP custom data fields.
Must check mechgt's post where the CDFs are listed.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby OliverPA » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:27 am

old_man_biking wrote:If I remember right, there are already several FTP custom data fields.
Must check mechgt's post where the CDFs are listed.

Cheers,
OMB

It would be truly great if those multiple FTP fields would be shared amongst die different plugins.

Also, is there no way to display Training Analysis' FTP field in a graph/list? With Training Load I can simply add it to the list in athlete view, but your field can't be added?!

thanks + kr,
Oliver.
OliverPA
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:06 am

work in progress
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Training Analysis