[ST3] Put Pauses on Charts

Request an enhancement or discuss future enhancements.

Put Pauses on Charts

Postby texmurphy » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:50 pm

Currently Pauses are found on the Map with a little square pictogram containing two vertical lines.
With some hunting around with the mouse, the pause pictogram can be invoked to yield the paused time detected at that point.

I propose that the pauses be placed on charts similar to how lap markers are handled.

It can be difficult to trick the pause marker into revealing the pause time using the map. This is the only way at this time in ST to get to pauses.
Attachments
PauseMarker2.jpg
PauseMarker2.jpg (166.61 KiB) Viewed 6929 times
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Put Pauses on Charts

Postby old_man_biking » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:04 pm

As you might have seen in the latest betas of the plugins that I sent to you, I'm currently adding this to the charts of my plugins.
1.png
1.png (10.34 KiB) Viewed 6916 times

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby admin » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:09 pm

I think the request was for the other charts in the standard product, right?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby old_man_biking » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:16 am

For sure :)
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby texmurphy » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:11 am

admin wrote:I think the request was for the other charts in the standard product, right?

Yes.
Currently there is no reporting or access for pauses other than the ST map markers and the total stopped time field.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby admin » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:21 am

ok. just making sure it was categorized right. :)

I think marking pauses in charts with a selectable (or mouseover) info box with the time is brilliant. Great idea.

I've considered for a while a place to list pauses and allow editing (add/edit/remove). I didn't think a separate activity page was needed - it seems overkill for a rare scenario. One thought was to have a popup window to edit them, possibly launched from a button next to the stopped time edit box, or a right-click menu. Undecided.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby texmurphy » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:33 pm

admin wrote:I've considered for a while a place to list pauses and allow editing (add/edit/remove). I didn't think a separate activity page was needed - it seems overkill for a rare scenario. One thought was to have a popup window to edit them, possibly launched from a button next to the stopped time edit box, or a right-click menu. Undecided.

Any progress on this?

I recently had a need to handle the following situation:
I pressed Start on my Edge 500 and then had to wait 2 minutes before proceeding on a Time Trial (TT) due to traffic on a public roadway. So the first trackpoint was placed at Start but with an immediate Pause. The second trackpoint was placed 2+ minutes later after the fourth wheel revolution woke autopause on the Edge 500. (The Edge needs 1 revolution to initialize speed computation, 2nd to begin timing for speed and then 2 more for speed to overcome the zero speed averaging to break the autopause threshold at 2.5 mph). (The Edge 500 does not use gps movement to break autopause when a gsc-10 is present, unlike the Edge 305).
The known start of the TT Course was just beyond that second trackpoint, so I thought I could Edit->Split the activity and remove the 1st trackpoint to get TT activity start.
However when I do that, the 2+ minute Pause is retained for the activity. The Pause marker is placed before activity start on the map. Export of the activity as fitlog shows a trackpoint at tm=0 and the next at tm=160, so I can not just delete the Pause Markers from the end of the fitlog and reimport unless I also recalculate all the timemarks.
I ended up using the following solution:
Export a tcx file for the activity; delete the first trackpoint from the tcx and reset the activity and lap start times to equal the actual start of the TT; and then import the tcx for the activity.

I believe that it would be easier to have just been able to edit/delete the pause directly. Or that the Edit->Split should have removed the pause in the second half since it occurred prior to the Split. Also the Edit->Split first part did not show on the map as even a single gps point.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby texmurphy » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:34 pm

Bump
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Enhancements