Garmin Forerunner 235

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

Garmin Forerunner 235

Postby JHawkRunrFL » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:20 pm

I have a Forerunner 235. It does not appear in the import list. Which watch should I use as a substitute?
JHawkRunrFL

Re: Garmin Forerunner 235

Postby JHawkRunrFL » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:09 pm

Also, just today (8/20/19) I started getting the Garmin Connect error, and none of the Forum suggestions have worked for me. I have been using the FR210 to import since I bought the watch in 2016, as ST3 does not have the FR235 in the list of devices. However, this has not been a problem until today. Any advice?
JHawkRunrFL

Postby semperfi » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:29 am

I had the same issue a few months back and started a different import method. When I click on Import and the 'Select Data to import' options comes up I selected the folder on the left and had to make sure it pointed to the drive then that my Garmin was assigned by Window. Then navigate to Activity folder if it did not automatically go there and the files of my work outs were in that folder and I selected the ones to import. I always delete my activities after importing so the ones in that folder were the only ones to import. From there it is the same as when I had the watch selected.

BTW, I had been using the Garmin Edge 205/305 interface with my Fenix 3 when that feature was working.
semperfi

Postby admin » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:10 am

The direct device import was discontinued by Garmin about 6 years ago.

For older devices (pre 2017) you can continue to use a manual FIT file import until end of life in March 2020.

The legacy ST3 Windows PC app doesn't support newer Garmin watches - any CIQ devices such as the Forerunner x35 and x45 series, Edge x30 series, Fenix 5, 6 and MARQ.

You'll need to upgrade to the new SportTracks online for support of newer Garmin watches, or transition to another app such as Garmin Connect.
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby texmurphy » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:14 pm

admin wrote:For older devices (pre 2017) you can continue to use a manual FIT file import until end of life in March 2020.

@Admin - ZoneFive continues to add uncertainty to the End of Life for the ST3 PC product. In the quote above you assert that we will be unable to do any .fit file imports after EOL March 2020. Has ZoneFive placed a hard EOL into the ST3 product code? Please clarify this, thanks.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby admin » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:10 am

texmurphy wrote:
admin wrote:For older devices (pre 2017) you can continue to use a manual FIT file import until end of life in March 2020.

@Admin - ZoneFive continues to add uncertainty to the End of Life for the ST3 PC product. In the quote above you assert that we will be unable to do any .fit file imports after EOL March 2020. Has ZoneFive placed a hard EOL into the ST3 product code? Please clarify this, thanks.

The end of life announcement posted last spring covers this: http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/st3-end-of-life/

We do not recommend using ST3 after end of life. Soon after end of life on March 31 2020, the entire zonefivesoftware domain will be shut down, including the licensing server. The ST3 PC client has a spaghetti mess of licensing and validation code mixed around that hasn't been touched or looked at in well over a decade, same with the backend licensing. There's a piece that periodically calls home and there's a grace period for connection failures but none of it has been tested. Importantly the licensing status will effect whether plugins work or can be loaded. So there's a non zero chance some will throw random errors causing program crashes.

If you want your old data we are strongly advising to take measures now to back it up and begin plans over the next half year to transition to a new software product.
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Questions