Proposal after EOL: read-only ST3 lite version

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

Proposal after EOL: read-only ST3 lite version

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Mon May 20, 2019 9:46 am

Having been informed about EOL of ST3 I have tons of different ideas, not just about how to escape to another desktop fitness app, but also to simplify the future. Because I realized fairly fast that I cannot keep the logics of ST3 without ST3.

3 days ago, just hours after getting to know that doomsday will definitely come, my first idea was to pay a lump sum tobuy some extra support and purchase the right to keep ST3 for the next couple of years, see viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18112#p93768.

Now I have another, maybe more viable proposal, because this one does not require any support from ADMIN (and his very small team, see https://www.linkedin.com/search/results ... 2906%22%5D) in the future. Moreover this proposal only related to past activities, so it does not threaten any potential revenue of ZoneFiveSoftware.

What if we ST3 users received a new release of ST3 from which any import facilities removed, but also without any licensing check?

So from 1st of April 2020 we will not be able to import any activities into ST3, but we will have a lite ST3 in which we can check at any time our activities dated before 01/04/2020 without removing any present facilities. Maybe it requires that all the plugins that has a web based license check (like those of OMB) should get rid of the check.

It would be great, Aaron, if I get some feedback about it.

Any also from anybody else, if you mates think that there anything to add....
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Re: Proposal after EOL: read-only ST3 lite version

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Tue May 28, 2019 3:14 am

A simple 'NO' would have been better than ignoring/missing/forgetting....
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Re: Proposal after EOL: read-only ST3 lite version

Postby admin » Tue May 28, 2019 11:58 am

ST3 End of Life was announced a few months ago. We don't plan any additional development for the legacy ST3 Windows PC product. This was noted in the announcement and in several forum posts over the last few months. You can read the announcement here:

SportTracks 3 End of Life Notification

The ST3 product will reach end-of-life on March 31, 2020. Before the end-of-life date Zone Five Software may continue to provide software patches for issues assessed as urgent or critical in nature. At this time there is no software patch planned.
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Questions