New computer, no equipment photos

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

New computer, no equipment photos

Postby rochrunner » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:14 pm

I just installed a new PC and restored my SportTracks logbook file as part of the Documents folder. The logbook opens correctly and my data is there, but the photos associated with my equipment (shoes, bikes, etc.) have disappeared. Where does SportTracks save these photos, or does it leave them in their original locations? I guess I thought they were incorporated into the database file, but apparently not.

I still have the backups of my previous PC so could restore them from there if I know where to look, or this might just be due to a difference in the folder configuration on the new PC and SportTracks is pointing to the wrong place.
rochrunner
Donated!
Donated!

Re: New computer, no equipment photos

Postby rochrunner » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:54 pm

I was able to restore my photos. A couple just required editing of the path to the photo, which had changed drives. The others had been temporary downloads, but I was able to find them again with a Google image search.

However, I do have one persistent problem: One of my devices will not show the thumbnail no matter what I do, including selecting different versions of the image file or even cut-and-pasting. I assume that something is corrupted in the database -- is there any way to clear this up so I can assign an image and have the thumbnail show up in my activities? I'm afraid to delete and re-add it since that might affect past activities that used it (it's my Edge 1000 cycling GPS).
rochrunner
Donated!
Donated!

Re: New computer, no equipment photos

Postby admin » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:22 am

ST3 gear photos are linked to the original location, not stored in your logbook. You can read more about gear in the FAQ here: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=4073

We recommend you store them online in a persistent location. If you use the SportTracks online product we take care of this for you.

If you need to clear a photo you can try click the "X" on both the full and thumbnail image, then exit and relink. If that doesn't work you can clear your image cache to force the images to be downloaded again.
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Questions