Mass Export?

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

Mass Export?

Postby CycleSnack » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:10 am

Is there a way to mass export all your activities other than the logbook?

What I mean is want mass export activities into individual files.

Tx
CycleSnack

Re: Mass Export?

Postby Stumpjumper68 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:54 am

You can select in reports view how many acivities you want and export them. You can mark Months, Years or only single selected activities. I suggest to do it on a monthly basis because it doesn't take so much time to export a month and if there's an error message on import you only need to look in detail in a view activities. It also depend on the overall quantity you do in a month. Try 1 month than 2 and so on you will see how it works.
Stumpjumper68
Donated!
Donated!

Postby texmurphy » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:39 am

Individual files export, i.e. one activity per file, will require exporting file one at a time.
Selection of multiple activities will place all activities in a single file if exporting to .fitlog format.
Be aware that fitlog format export does not provide a progress bar for export, ST3 will be unresponsive until export is complete.

Using the Export2TCX Plugin will also place all activities in a single .tcx format file. Export2TCX will name the file with the date of the first activity in the file, but all activities will be present.

Upload to Strava and Connect will handle a multiple activity tcx file.

If you are doing this for archive purposes, then check out the Backup Plugin by omb.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby CycleSnack » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:57 pm

Thanks for the help.

Doing this to synch with Strava.

Tried the Export2TCX but got some error about the client.

Fitlog isn't recognized.

I was able to export a years worth of rides to a GPX file but when I uploaded to Strava, it connected all the rides and my measly 187 miles of riding my first year of cycling turned into 1800 miles!
CycleSnack

Postby CycleSnack » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:05 pm

Addendum: I took the GPX and converted to a TCX using Topofusion and that worked!
CycleSnack

Postby texmurphy » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:07 am

CycleSnack wrote:...Doing this to synch with Strava.
Tried the Export2TCX but got some error about the client...

I have never had problems with Export2TCX upload to Strava - post the error. Maybe check the category and device in the tcx using a xml editor.
GPX may not include heartrate, cadence, elevation, or power. What logging device are you using.
In general I archive the original device activity files. Can be useful when you need to pluck one activity of a known erstwhile route to reanalyze.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby CycleSnack » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:56 am

Not sure what happened, but I just tried it again, and I was able to Export all of my 2007 data to one file.
CycleSnack

Return to Questions