910XT and ST2?

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

910XT and ST2?

Postby andreroel » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:46 am

I've ST2 on my desktop and installed under Win7 ANT/Garmin communicator and they can see the watch, so I can work online with my 910XT.
I prefer however offline working software, but ST2 does not recognize the 910XT.
On my laptop (win XP) I've tried ST3 and that works with the 910XT (*).

Are there options present to make it work under ST2 as I do have several plugins that I like and are not available in the trial ST3?

*: I needed to install http://sourceforge.net/projects/libusb-win32/ to make it work...
andreroel

Re: 910XT and ST2?

Postby texmurphy » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:10 am

andreroel wrote:...Are there options present to make it work under ST2 as I do have several plugins that I like and are not available in the trial ST3?

ST2 has not been supported for several years. The option is to upgrade to full ST3 since you seem to like the software.
You could always do the preferred method of file import from the watch.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby andreroel » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:45 am

OK, thats the easy way.... go to ST3 (which I tried on my desktop, so I know the 910XT is working) ... but I've quite some plugins still working with ST2 and they are enough for me...

Never give up.... I've found a very simple workaround in ST2.
The 910XT does not appear in menu of the supported gear... but the Garmin Communication plugin (API) does...
I selected that one... and YES... I can simply download my running data in ST2 and have full access to it!
I will keep an eye on the ST3 development, but I'm not impressed by the trial, so for the time being I'll stick to ST2.

For the (small?) group that still may use ST2, this may be nice to archive, it will likely also work for other Garmin gear that uses the Communication plugin (API) .
andreroel

Postby andreroel » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:41 pm

Found a nice picture via google images...what I meant above. So it is not a workaround, but an official option I did not know..

And very typically.... it was on the page where you can find a lot of tips on ST3 itself..

Could not find it via the forum and Google search :cry: but via the Google image, yes... 8).
Probably because I linked the search to ST2... but that option is the same as in ST3... !

http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/sporttr ... min-import

andreroel

Postby admin » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:40 pm

Does it work on your Commodore 64? :lol:
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby andreroel » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:59 pm

Very constructive admin we have.... :?:
Doesn't help to promote ST.... :(

PS: my "newest Commodore" does support Webdav under Debian (Linux) .. worldwide accessable via https/ssh/davfs as local disk mountable...Image
Home built... with an identical full backup server at my son's place....
Current total space for our professional data is 16 TB, easily extendable to 40 TB or 80 TB when 4 GB HD's are economically attractive..
andreroel

Postby philipshambrook » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:32 pm

andreroel wrote:OK, thats the easy way.... go to ST3 (which I tried on my desktop, so I know the 910XT is working) ... but I've quite some plugins still working with ST2 and they are enough for me...

Never give up.... I've found a very simple workaround in ST2.
The 910XT does not appear in menu of the supported gear... but the Garmin Communication plugin (API) does...
I selected that one... and YES... I can simply download my running data in ST2 and have full access to it!
I will keep an eye on the ST3 development, but I'm not impressed by the trial, so for the time being I'll stick to ST2.

For the (small?) group that still may use ST2, this may be nice to archive, it will likely also work for other Garmin gear that uses the Communication plugin (API) .

If you selected the 310, you would find it will work anyway,

And as mentioned in another forum, it is better to upload the .fit files directly.
o__ o__
.>/-.>/
( )\---\( )
philipshambrook
Donated!
Donated!

Postby roelof » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:40 am

I've tried the above option for ST2 too, the suggested Garmin API communicator plugin does work perfectly as described (thank you!).
There is no support in the menu for a 310 gear, so that seems not possible, at least here.
The Garmin API communicator plugin does exactly what you suggest: the ANT software takes care that the fit files are on your pc, the Garmin API communicator plugin grabs them to import them into ST2.
ST2 cannot import fit files directly as there is only this limited option in the menu : All import files (*.gpx,*.hrm,*.fitlog,*.hst,*.tcx)
roelof

Postby philipshambrook » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:23 pm

roelof wrote:I've tried the above option for ST2 too, the suggested Garmin API communicator plugin does work perfectly as described (thank you!).
There is no support in the menu for a 310 gear, so that seems not possible, at least here.
The Garmin API communicator plugin does exactly what you suggest: the ANT software takes care that the fit files are on your pc, the Garmin API communicator plugin grabs them to import them into ST2.
ST2 cannot import fit files directly as there is only this limited option in the menu : All import files (*.gpx,*.hrm,*.fitlog,*.hst,*.tcx)

Ah yes! It's been such a long time since ST2. In that case use the .tcx files from the History folder. Sooner or later, you will experience problems with the device importer so better to start file importing sooner rather than later.

What do you mean no support for 310 here? Assuming you mean 310XT, there's plenty of information and support.

However, when you start getting issues with ST2, you will find that is no longer supported.
o__ o__
.>/-.>/
( )\---\( )
philipshambrook
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Burnt Toast » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:08 am

Maybe its time to pony up and buy ST3?
Burnt Toast
Donated!
Donated!

Postby philipshambrook » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:52 pm

Burnt Toast wrote:Maybe its time to pony up and buy ST3?

Crazy isn't it? Spend hundreds of dollars on a device then hamstring its value because of a reluctance to part with a few dollars. :lol:
o__ o__
.>/-.>/
( )\---\( )
philipshambrook
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Questions