by old_man_biking

Downloads: 1,383 (11) • Reviews: 8

Version:

Updated:

Mar 10, 2016

Exception found

Exception found

Postby Z74 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:34 pm

after joining 2 lengths searched by the tool.

I swam Saturday in the open pool 50m ... I had expected I could apply the weather but I couldn't... never mind, not important but this is where it would be nice to use the sensor temp for water and the weather plugin for outer temperature (it was a glorious sunny day).

Is there a way to add 100m to this log now? I basically would like to append 100m to this log... inserting data manually.
Z74

Re: Exception found

Postby old_man_biking » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:38 pm

Yep, the exception is a bug. It's "mostly harmless" - when you confirm, everything will be ok.

Re "adding 100m":
That's not possible. The plugin allows you to edit lots of parameters of your swim, but not everything.
Compare it to Garmin Connect - they don't even let you fix the most frequent glitches in the recording of your swim session.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Z74 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:54 pm

This was really the first test with the F3 in a 50m pool.
Something weird happened because I was getting an off distance from the far side of the length and essentially I found me with 50m lost. I got back knowing I had swum 2000m and the watch marked 1950m for the first time 1 length was lost.

Tthe far side of this pool is a lot lot deeper because of the platform diving and the "T" that marks the distance from the block in the bottom is simply too far below.

I asked the app to find lengths to be fixed, it did fix 2 so it joined 2 lengths (the timing is realistic so it did an excellent job both in finding and in joining the right 2 lengths) but essentially this means those 50m lost (which I didn't lose in the real world) became 100m lost.

It's a 2000m interval I need corrected for future reference.
What can I do? I could insert a manual log with the standard ST3.1 feature but I don't think there's a way to "append" it (join) to the swimming log... right?
Z74

Postby Z74 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:29 am

It's all back to the editor.
Something a lot bigger and deeper than just for the pool swimming plugin.

With this morning's log, in the 25m pool no lengths were lost. On the contrary... I did a drill (1km kicks with fins) and the plugin correctly identified it. :)

However... what you can't do after one interval and the interval I mentioned above is PAUSE. You are in REST... but you're frantically looking for the fins of your foot size in a huge box with arm pads, pull buoys, balls, swimming gloves... so you see now I have something like 6' of rest I wish I could set as 2'. And since it was my first time in DRILL mode, I hit the pause button instead of the "light button" which starts the drill and there's an interval to completely remove.

As I mentioned a few days ago... when you complete an interval you LAP and look at the pool clock to see if there's time to do more. When there is no time, you hit the stop button and save the log but you do not know until you see the clock and calculate how much you need. That final rest, should also be removed.

Technically, the ps plugin can only edit style, number of strokes and make an interval active-inactive. But you can't delete inactive nor can you insert a length with manual time, distance and other data.
The main ST3.1 editor can't add distance (friday's log of the previous post)... I think ST3.1 needs a BIG editor because it's a BIG program. It's something I sorely miss, as you all well know. 8)
Z74

Postby old_man_biking » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:20 am

For now I don't have any plans to extend the pool swimming editor (which btw. has MORE editing facilities than you list in your post).
If you have any requirements, please create a post with a poll to see how many users would need this.
Please be SPECIFIC, i.e. poll for detailed features, not for "do you want the editor to be world class".

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Z74 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:17 am

As you know, I think the editor should be a mainframe of the main ST3.1 on which you and other plugin developers could build your features if interested.
Making an editor for the PS plugin and keeping the one we have wouldn't be a good idea but perhaps the admin will prioritize the main editor features so that something like that may happen with or without plugins in the future.

I know the technicalities involved deep inside the data for training and studying purposes are beyond the grasp of the masses... If I'm not hopeful, at least I'm resourceful (I did fix the log). :lol:
Z74

Return to Pool Swimming