by old_man_biking

Downloads: 1,406 (11) • Reviews: 8

Version:

Updated:

Mar 10, 2016

Swim Plugin Data using 310xt

Swim Plugin Data using 310xt

Postby jzilles » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:54 am

Is there a way to show the Swim activity detail without being an import from a 910 Garmin? I have a 310xt and record my laps etc during my swim session. I'd like to add the number of lengths swam for each lap(interval) and see the stroke rate, etc. within SportTracks. Is this possible without a 910 watch?

Thanks!
jzilles

Re: Swim Plugin Data using 310xt

Postby Burnt Toast » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:39 pm

no. The 310 doesn't do swim metrics. A Garmin 910, and Swim can as well as a Finis Swimsense.
Burnt Toast
Donated!
Donated!

Postby jzilles » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:55 pm

Thanks Burnt Toast.

I know the 310 doesn't do swim metrics, but I'd like to use the functionality within the plug-in to manually enter my swim data. Possible? If not, can it be turned on in an update of the plugin? Why can't it just use the lap data that does come in from the 310 that can then be edited and add the swim lengths/yardage to each lap record?
jzilles

Postby old_man_biking » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:36 am

If you want to see this new feature, please create a post with a poll to see how many users would need this.
If it's a substantial number of users, which justifies investing the development effort, I'll consider that.
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Burnt Toast » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:29 am

jzilles wrote:Thanks Burnt Toast.

I know the 310 doesn't do swim metrics, but I'd like to use the functionality within the plug-in to manually enter my swim data. Possible? If not, can it be turned on in an update of the plugin? Why can't it just use the lap data that does come in from the 310 that can then be edited and add the swim lengths/yardage to each lap record?

I have a 310 but do not use it for swimming, but do use a Garmin Swim. I would think that native ST should allow you to add the yardage to the splits. You would have to change a setting on the Summary page. You need to click on the Data icon and change it to "Use manually entered values", and input the total distance swam into the distance box that is now editable. Then go to splits and edit them with the distance for each. You will not get stroke data though as the 310 doesn't have accelerometers to measure that.

Again, I don't use the 310 in that fashion, but I think it can be done.
Burnt Toast
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Pool Swimming