Downloads: 1,406 (11) • Reviews: 8

Version:

Updated:

Mar 10, 2016

moving pause entries in list

moving pause entries in list

Postby martin.peer » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:57 am

Hi OMB!
I would like to know if it is possible to move the pause entries in the list from the overview...
At the moment I can see them all collected at the end of my "laps" list... But I would like to shift
them in between of my recorded laps (where they really occurred)...

Thanks in advance,
KR, Martin
martin.peer

Re: moving pause entries in list

Postby old_man_biking » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:02 am

martin.peer wrote:Hi OMB!
I would like to know if it is possible to move the pause entries in the list from the overview...
At the moment I can see them all collected at the end of my "laps" list... But I would like to shift
them in between of my recorded laps (where they really occurred)...

Thanks in advance,
KR, Martin

I'm afraid that I don't understand.
Please add screenshot and if possible .FIT file of your swim.
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby martin.peer » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:16 pm

Hi OMB!
Sorry, it might be my fault due to my limited english skills when asking my question ;)
Here are the requested files...

As far as I remember I pressed the Stop button on my Garmin after every 200m...
You can see it in the "start time" column where the pause belongs to...
The Stop period is treated as Pause and placed at the end of the list in pools swimming...
It might be useful to have the possibility to move those Pause entries between each 200m. If possible...

Thanks for your help!

KR, Martin
BTW: Is it anyhow possible to edit recorded laps? Like the elapsed-time for a length?
Attachments
capture.png
capture.png (86.32 KiB) Viewed 8240 times
20130816-120334-1-1328-ANTFS-4-0.FIT
(2.59 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
martin.peer

Postby old_man_biking » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:34 am

Hhm, that's another adverse effect of timer pauses (i.e. presses on the "Pause" button of the watch).
I've seen such pauses before in .FIT files, but only as separate laps (intervals), never interspersed between the lengths of one interval.

Question: why do you press the "Pause" button at all. These devices have a concept of "Rest lengths", that they can detect automatically.
I.e. when you stop and pause at the Beckenrand, the watch automatically creates a rest length. No need to press the "Pause" button.
The dichotomy of lenghts/intervals and pauses complicates things and prevents that the plugin will let you properly edit the pauses (the plugin lets you edit lengths and rest lengths, but not timer pauses).

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Burnt Toast » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:02 am

OMB

I also am using a Garmin Swim watch these days, but have used the Swimsense in the past. I also push the pause button when I've finished a swim set and again when I've rested to start the next set. I guess I've never trusted the auto rest detect feature to be accurate. I will give that a try during today's swim session and see how it goes.

I'll also add that I don't believe that I have an uploaded swim session that combines all the sets into one long set and puts the rest time at the end of the session as the op has posted.

MTA: The manual actually instructs the user to hit the "pause" betton when resting between sets.
Burnt Toast
Donated!
Donated!

Postby martin.peer » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:35 am

Hi OMB, Burnt Toast!

In my last swim session I tried the rest function of my Garmin (910xt) and it works pretty good! I did also press the lap button to ensure that the rest starts exactly when I stop at the pool-end (I've read sth. that garmin takes a few seks to detect the rest lap, agree?)

However, thanks OMB for the hint with rest laps! It works pretty good in combination with pool swimming plugin...
But if you might think about a shift/move option for listentries it might also be helpfull sometimes...

KR, Martin

PS: I do really like the plugin, well done!!!
martin.peer

Postby the5krunner » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:14 pm

yes the 910 lap button is the way to go i think.

OMB - awesome job to use the word DICHOTOMY! First itme i've eve seen that used in sports terminology and it's not your first language right!! Kudos :lol:
the5krunner

Postby old_man_biking » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:38 am

Well, at first I wanted to write "brainless ambiguity", but then I decided to be more polite and very clever :lol:
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby texmurphy » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:29 pm

the5krunner wrote:yes the 910 lap button is the way to go i think.

OMB - awesome job to use the word DICHOTOMY! First itme i've eve seen that used in sports terminology and it's not your first language right!! Kudos :lol:

omb is always clear in his postings, even if the answer is not.
I am still pleased with viewtopic.php?f=43&t=13986&p=76861#p76861 which took several minutes to craft :lol:
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Pool Swimming