by old_man_biking

Downloads: 1,406 (11) • Reviews: 8

Version:

Updated:

Mar 10, 2016

Pool Swimming plugin

Re: Pool Swimming plugin

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:49 am

Tisztul_A_Visztula wrote:Thanks for guiding me.

Actually last time my strokes were exactly the same as yours. I swam in a pool of 33m. :-)

I forgot to mention that all the data above was in breaststroke. Today I switched to freestyle having realized that the major problem with my breaststroke swimming comes from the asymmmetric moves of my legs due to my posture problems.
In freestyle 33m requires 23 strokes.
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:05 pm

Tisztul_A_Visztula wrote:What is your algorithm? Does your plugin simply say the the first and all the uneven laps are swimming intervals and the second and all the even ones are resting intervals? Or do you use a different method and the plugin is hunting for more data like strokes?

Because in the latter case the option 1 can't work in all cases in real life.

Closed
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Postby rlecoat » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:25 am

Hello OMB,

A strange question ;-) Is-it possible to change an "open water session" to a "pool session" with the plug-in. I didn't manage to convert my recorded session and values are not ok (distance / pause etc ...).

Thank's a lot for your plug-in, it's nice and interesting.

Cdt
rlecoat

PS] I need to reinstall my PC / ST3 and pool-swimming plug-in. For reactivate the plug-in, i will use the same "invoice number", is it ok ?
rlecoat

Postby old_man_biking » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:28 am

Re 1st question: no, it's not possible. In Pool Swimming mode, your Garmin records pool length information that simply isn't present in openwater swimming mode.

Re 2nd question (PC rebuild): yes, of course.
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:01 pm

Burnt Toast wrote:Wow, I wonder how anybody made improvements or was motivated before the introduction of the "swim" watch within the last 2 years.

Wow, finally my motivation scheme worked for me. :-) Until today morning I had been struggling with the feeling of not being able to cross the threshold of swimming 100m without rests. A week ago or so I gave up my dream to finish any triathlon event, not even a sprint due to the lack of my swimming ability.

But I visit pool once per week, because I bought an expensive watch, which is good for swimming, too. ;-) My today swimming session started in a terrible way. 5 times 33m, but rests between them, and a dizzy head after this tiny 165m. It was in freestyle. So I got out from the pool lane not to disturb the fellow swimmers in the same lane, went to the clerk and bought a supplementary ticket to wellness part. 2 minutes later sitting sadly in a Finnish sauna for a quarter then 5mins in a very cold water basin as self-punishment, then manipulated the heat sensor of the steam cabin with some ice to get more steams to suffer etc.

Before heading home I made a final look at the pool lanes and could see that it was the very low hour, no traffic at all in two lanes, so I decided to make an attempt to swim very slowly in breaststroke, just to try to get to the dream distance of 200m. Without any real hope. I was surprised, because the lack of other swimmers helped me to relax and focus on my breathing, so I made 200m without any problem with breathing.

I thought it was the right time to increase my ever best to maybe 500m, if it was possible. Then I targeted 30 minutes, because I deemed that it was the right moment to make my body memorize the moves. Later 1km. Then 45 minutes. Finally I swam 1518 meters, certainly I was very very slow, because it took 61minutes. But I increased my best from 100m to 15 times more and when I got out from the lane I was not tired at all, it was just boring to swim.

Thank you my 910XT, it would have never happened without you. :lol:

Not a real swimmer yet, not a triathlonist, but a candidate to survive an eventual ferry catastrophe. 8)
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Postby texmurphy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:18 pm

Tisztul_A_Visztula wrote:...Before heading home I made a final look at the pool lanes and could see that it was the very low hour, no traffic at all in two lanes, so I decided to make an attempt to swim...
But I increased my best from 100m to 15 times more and when I got out from the lane I was not tired at all, it was just boring to swim.
...Not a real swimmer yet, not a triathlonist, but a candidate to survive an eventual ferry catastrophe. 8)

Maybe the problem is the pool and you are really an open water swimmer and ready for the jump off the ferry..!
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Previous

Return to Pool Swimming