by old_man_biking

Downloads: 1,382 (11) • Reviews: 8

Version:

Updated:

Mar 10, 2016

No Pool Swimming Detail page for SwimSense .fitlog files

No Pool Swimming Detail page for SwimSense .fitlog files

Postby pwnaoianfoa » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:56 pm

I've found the Pool Swimming plugin to be fantastic and I use it often. But I'm unable to see pool swimming detail pages for all my Swimsense data from before I installed the Pool Swimming plugin (before it existed).

I've tried reimporting the .fitlog files that were generated when the SwimSense Import plugin was used to download from the Finis website
(stored on Win7 in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\ZoneFiveSoftware\SportTracks\3\Imported\Finis - Swimsense),
but there is still no Pool Swimming details page generated.

Since the generation of pool swimming details seem to be triggered by running the SwimSense plugin, I've tried re-downloading old data from Finis (by resetting the last download date in the log file), but the Finis servers
are very unreliable and I've been unable to successfully complete a download.

Now that Finis is taking that server down in a week and has not yet provided support for SportTracks with it's new Streamline log page, importing old .fitlog files has become very important. Could the plugin be updated
to provide this function? Anyone who has been using SwimSense would find it very valuable.
pwnaoianfoa

Re: No Pool Swimming Detail page for SwimSense .fitlog files

Postby old_man_biking » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:33 am

That has nothing to do with the Pool Swimming plugin.
It's a restriction of ST's FITLOG format which cannot carry swim specific informations (individual pool lengths). For compatibility reasons this format has not been extended with the upcome of pool swimming support.

There's a solution however: my Copy Data plugin can export and import activities INCLUDING pool lengths.
So this should server your needs.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Pool Swimming