by old_man_biking

Downloads: 1,425 (11) • Reviews: 8

Version:

Updated:

Mar 10, 2016

Pool Swimming plugin

Re: Pool Swimming plugin

Postby old_man_biking » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:41 am

Giuseppe wrote:How do I activate swimming pool? Which switch?

Could someone please try and help Giuseppe in Italian.

Trying to solve this in English seems to be quite hard.
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:50 am

1. You can't actually buy the plugin - it's not yet in my plugin shop :)
2. Editing is nearly implemented and will be part of the next version :) :)
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Angelus » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:47 am

1) I didn't check the shop, I just saw the note saying "Buy: You can buy this plugin in our Plugin Shop" on the plugin page :lol:

2) nice!!! thank you!

3) I use a very small monitor at home on my laptop, would it be possible to provide a button to open the Pool Swimming data in fullscreen? (like the detail button opens a new window)
Angelus
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:51 am

Re 3) already implemented for the next version :)
Seems you'll have to buy it :lol: :lol:
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Angelus » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:46 am

Sure I'll buy it!
I already bought your Weight Scale Plugin and I'm really fond of it!
Angelus
Donated!
Donated!

Beta test for Editing

Postby old_man_biking » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:40 am

Hi folks,

development of editing functionality for pool swiming data is nearly done.
Anybody interested in beta-testing?
--> send me a PM with your email address, referring to this post.

If you're very new at SportTracks I would kindly ask you to refrain from volunteering - beta-testing as a newbie might be cumbersome for both parties.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Angelus » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:03 am

pm sent!
I'm soooooo looking forward for this feature! I was swimming again today and the watch counted 1'325m but I swam only 1'050m!
I'll really have to learn to do flip turns and swim properly :?:
Angelus
Donated!
Donated!

Postby michael_runs » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:14 am

Just installed the new version. One recommendation though...for rest intervals (the ones where you show the pause icon), please unbold the "Time" field for those. I think the previous version did this. With both the real interval Times and the rest interval Times bold, it can be a little hard to see the "real" times. I'm pretty sure the previous version only bolded the real interval times. Otherwise, great plugin!
michael_runs

Postby matthew2811 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:01 pm

HI OMB,
Updated to the new version, 3.0.4443.
I have happily edited a couple of lengths which had the incorrect stroke and also merged a couple of lengths which in one instance had been counted as two instead of one.
The only editing feature that would still be useful is to be able to designate an interval as a rest. I have a rest interval where I must have moved my arm a bit because instead of being a rest it is counted as an interval of a single length of indeterminate stroke (I forget if that is the exact word). That was in the previous version of the plugin, in this new version it is now counted as an interval of a single length of drill. I would like to be able to call the interval a rest and set the distance to zero, instead of having 25m added in to my total distance.
Otherwise beta and editing working well.
Thanks.
matthew2811

Postby old_man_biking » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:11 pm

This is already available: DELETE makes a length a rest :)
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby matthew2811 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:46 am

Now you mention it it seems obvious. Thanks, that did the job.
matthew2811

Postby D80YES » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:42 pm

Hi, the latest plugin update is just fabulous, i love it and it brings the functionality that Garmin just don't seem to get!

I have a small problem in that the Units i have for my swimming is set as Meters, when i go >categories>swimming> my units are set as Meters, and on the activity overview its in meters but the plugin shows yards, and i can't see anywhere to update it. probably something simple!? :oops:

Thanks

David
D80YES

Postby old_man_biking » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:15 pm

The plugin does not yet support per-category units, it uses the global settings in Settings:Display
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby JR64 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:31 am

Latest version is excellent adds all the funtionality needed. Just going back over my swims to adjust the slightly questionable technique which makes some pool laps inaccurate. The new functionality to draw your attention to them and merge them is just genius. Thanks
JR64

Postby old_man_biking » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:56 am

:wink: :oops: :wink:
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby D80YES » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:33 am

Yards to meters, that's done it thanks, now my bike Mileage looks incredible :) nothings perfect but we're getting there! Thanks.
D80YES

Postby bargolf » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:13 am

Plugin looks great. I did my first swim on Saturday morning with my new 910xt and I really like being able to see the data within ST. However, there does seem to be a problem with the duration roll-ups in the table.

Time Moving seems to be the same as (Total) Time
(Total) Time is missing the Hrs - My total time was 1hr22min.. probably Time Moving has the same issue
Paused isn't showing any total - although there are a whole bunch of rest periods

NB, Maybe it's just me not knowing how to use my watch - but one of my lengths from my 500m warmup crept into my drill set. So I've got 19 lengths warm up and 5 in my first drill rep (which is why the first drill rep says "Mixed" rather than "Drill"). It would be nice if I could move the a length from one interval to another (or maybe I could just learn to use my watch properly!).

Also, as mentioned before - it would be nice if it used the Swim categories distance units rather than the global distance units. I think in metres in the pool and miles when running and cycling.

Don't get me wrong though.. it's a fabulous plugin!

poolswim.jpg
poolswim.jpg (108.17 KiB) Viewed 19377 times
bargolf
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:33 am

bargolf wrote:Plugin looks great. I did my first swim on Saturday morning with my new 910xt and I really like being able to see the data within ST. However, there does seem to be a problem with the duration roll-ups in the table.

Time Moving seems to be the same as (Total) Time
(Total) Time is missing the Hrs - My total time was 1hr22min.. probably Time Moving has the same issue
Paused isn't showing any total - although there are a whole bunch of rest periods

NB, Maybe it's just me not knowing how to use my watch - but one of my lengths from my 500m warmup crept into my drill set. So I've got 19 lengths warm up and 5 in my first drill rep (which is why the first drill rep says "Mixed" rather than "Drill"). It would be nice if I could move the a length from one interval to another (or maybe I could just learn to use my watch properly!).

Also, as mentioned before - it would be nice if it used the Swim categories distance units rather than the global distance units. I think in metres in the pool and miles when running and cycling.

Don't get me wrong though.. it's a fabulous plugin!

poolswim.jpg

Re times: that looks like a bug

Re moving of lengths between intervals: let's see. It's just version 1:)

Re units: the plugin even does a better job than using the per-category units, it takes the pool length from the imported .FIT file and uses THAT unit. So you can have 1 category "Swimming" and activities in that category with different pool lengths.
Unfortunately SportTracks' standard FIT file importer ignores the pool length that is stored in the FIT file.
But, the plugin provides a solution: use "Edit:Change pool length" to change the pool length from 27yd in your case to 25m.
Or use the Garmin FIT Devices plugin which imports activities with appropriate pool lengths.
EDIT: oops, that's not yet released - still in my dev. version :)

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby bargolf » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:31 am

Me again! Plugin is still great! But I think I've found another minor bug-ette.

Fit-to-window seems to be sizing based on the Moving time possibly rather than the elapsed time. I'm not sure what I managed to do on yesterdays swim, but my 910XT missed my 500m warm-up. So possibly I hit START twice and ending up pausing. I realised when I started my drills section and hit START again. This means my swim has a long paused element.

The overview area seems to be sized to accommodate 57m53s of swimming, but the total 'time in pool' was closer to 1h15. From the screenshot you can see that sets 29, 30 and 31 don't fit into the overview. If I go and click on one of those sets in the table then the overview does show the set extending to the right of the swim time.

swimplugin-wrongfittoviewsize.png
Wrong Fit-To-View size
swimplugin-wrongfittoviewsize.png (41.06 KiB) Viewed 19298 times
bargolf
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:32 am

You use a Garmin 901XT, not a Swimsense, right?
Please attach the original .FIT file for this swim (form the "Activities" subfolder of the Ant Agent sync folder) to your post and I'll have a look-ette.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby bargolf » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:42 am

Cheers OMB..

Here's the file. No laughing at my 100m times though!

FYI. Plugin is Version: 3.0.4444 (Build 3.0.4444.19735beta, 02/03/2012 11:57)

Matt.
Attachments
20120326-195917-1-1328-ANTFS-4-0.FIT
Swim session with long pause
(12.6 KiB) Downloaded 321 times
bargolf
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:04 pm

:lol: :evil: :lol: :evil:

Rather weird recording. Think I've found and fixed that issue for the next version.
Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby ransak » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:24 pm

I love this plugin and am happy I bought it!!! Particularly the ability to edit. Correcting the few places where Garmin combined two laps is awesome.
QUESTION: Is a .fit file with the corrections available so that I can upload it to Garmin Connect??? That would be very nice for me.
ransak

Postby old_man_biking » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:25 am

Sorry, but no. All editing is done in ST. And CREATING a .FIT file would be a completely different story than just reading one.
But, why care about Garmin Connect :lol: :lol:
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby ransak » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:36 am

I use Garmin Connect primarily so I can show off - it allows me to post my workout to Facebook. If ST allowed me to do this then I wouldn't need Garmin Connect. :D
ransak

PreviousNext

Return to Pool Swimming