by old_man_biking

Downloads: 1,412 (11) • Reviews: 8

Version:

Updated:

Mar 10, 2016

Pool Swimming plugin

Re: Pool Swimming plugin

Postby Farodyne » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:39 am

old_man_biking wrote:Have a look in the ANT Agent folder and search for "real" activity files - those with the trailing "4" in its name.

Cheers,
OMB

Dear OMB,

My bad. I picked the file from the "FIT" directory and not from the "Activities" directory. I am now attaching the "real" file to this post.

Thanks again for the quick help!

Regards,

F.
Attachments
20120730-070954-1-1499-ANTFS-4-0.FIT
(6.54 KiB) Downloaded 242 times
Farodyne

Postby MiPo » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:51 pm

Hello OMB,
thanks for helping. Here are the steps to resolution regarding my problem(s) for all in the forum

Description: Plugin functionality not showing up in the menu.
Test is done with a valid license and fit-file.

Laptop issue
- Created a new ST profile-file
- Imported the fit-file with a pool swimming unit (validated by OMB)
- Checked functionality of plugin: OK
- Save and exit - Opened regular training file

PC issue
- Un-checked pool swimming plugin in ST
- Exited ST
- Deleted Plugin folder in c:\Documents&Settings\All Users\Application Data\ZoneFive..\3\Plugins\Installed\???
??? = Checked which is the right folder. Easily to identify by clicking the folders and seeing the content.
- Re-Installed the Plugin (trial mode)
- Opened regular training file

Now it's working for me. And I would say: Great Stuff!
MiPo

Postby S222sgr » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:58 pm

Thanks for the help. Here is the FIT file...I hope this helps?

All the best

Simon
Attachments
20120728-085810-1-1328-ANTFS-4-0.FIT
(126.14 KiB) Downloaded 246 times
S222sgr

Postby old_man_biking » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:09 am

Farodyne wrote:
old_man_biking wrote:Have a look in the ANT Agent folder and search for "real" activity files - those with the trailing "4" in its name.

Cheers,
OMB

Dear OMB,

My bad. I picked the file from the "FIT" directory and not from the "Activities" directory. I am now attaching the "real" file to this post.

Thanks again for the quick help!

Regards,

F.

Hi F.,

I've tried to import your file with ST's standard .FIT importer which fails with "Import complete but no data was imported".
I've then retried to import with the alternative importer provided by Garmin FIT Devices plugin ( http://zonefivesoftware.com/sporttracks ... it-devices ) and it imports well and displays like a charm:
Unbenannt.PNG
Unbenannt.PNG (30.89 KiB) Viewed 20141 times

So it seems to be an issue with ST's standard importer for .FIT files that can be overcome by using Garmin FIT Devices plugin.
You might want to report that issue in the "Bugs" board of this forum.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:24 am

S222sgr wrote:Thanks for the help. Here is the FIT file...I hope this helps?

All the best

Simon

Yep, it helps.
It's not the plugin that accumulates the strokes lap by lap, the values are already accumulated in the .FIT file resulting in a total stroke count of 76753 for your swim.
So it's obviously a bug in the Garmin 910 firmware.

I'll see if I can add a workaround to the Garmin FIT Devices plugin to gracefully handle this firmware bug.
If you send me a PM with your email address, I could email you a beta version then.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Farodyne » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:07 am

old_man_biking wrote:
Farodyne wrote:
old_man_biking wrote:Hi F.,

I've tried to import your file with ST's standard .FIT importer which fails with "Import complete but no data was imported".
I've then retried to import with the alternative importer provided by Garmin FIT Devices plugin ( http://zonefivesoftware.com/sporttracks ... it-devices ) and it imports well and displays like a charm:
Unbenannt.PNG

So it seems to be an issue with ST's standard importer for .FIT files that can be overcome by using Garmin FIT Devices plugin.
You might want to report that issue in the "Bugs" board of this forum.

Cheers,
OMB

Oh! Good news!

Thanks a ton for the help!

A follow up question while I have you on the line.

I know I did the session as a 10 x 300 meter session and the watch clearly displays this as a total of 3000 meter when I look at the data through it. The data that is exported to Garmin Connect also shows this information. But the information in ST after being imported with the plugin you adviced me to try, lists the session as a 10 x 275 meter session with a total of 2750 meter.

I have specified the length in meters in the watch and as far as I can see it's in meters in ST as well, but it drops 25 meters on each 300 meter iteration, which gives incorrect statistics. Any ideas of why this happens?

Best regards,

F.
Farodyne

Postby old_man_biking » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:43 am

As always for questions like these: Please add the .FIT file of your activity to your post.

That'll give me a chance to help - instead of just guessing around.
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Farodyne » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:23 pm

old_man_biking wrote:As always for questions like these: Please add the .FIT file of your activity to your post.

That'll give me a chance to help - instead of just guessing around.

It is the same .FIT file that I had added before. If you look at the numbers in the screen shots you provided, it reads 275 everywhere with a
total of 2750. Each iteration is missing 25 meters when being imported with the plugin you adviced me to try out. In Garmin Connect the numbers
are correct totalling up to 3000 meters. The .FIT file is the same I provided a few posts up.

Regards,

F.
Farodyne

Postby old_man_biking » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:25 am

Oops sorry, I haven't read your post carefully enough.
As you can see the first length of every lap is erroneously considered as being a rest when importing the .FIT file.
Fixed for the next version of Garmin FIT Devices plugin.
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby paulmui » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:29 pm

Hi,

I have the latest version of ST and just bought and installed the latest Pool Swimming plugin, however, when I import from my new Garmen 910xt, just running and cycling activities shown up to be imported but no swimming activities. All activities ( including pool swimming) can be downloaded via Garmin Connect.

Any clue how to fix it ?
paulmui

Postby old_man_biking » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:04 am

1. How do you import from your 910XT? You should import .FIT files from the "Activities" subfolder of the ANT Agent sync folder. If you're not sure how to do that, please use the forum search with these buzz words.
2. When you've imported a pool swiming session like that, a new activity detail page can be selected for this activity ( http://www.sporttracks-plugins.com/Spor ... 20206.html )
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby paulmui » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:18 am

I have been using the import function from ST and select the equipment appeared. In my case only Garmin 305 shown up but when I click next , than 910xt shown up. Then click next, those cycling and running activities are there to be imported but not those pool swimming (I only done pool swimming so far with 910xt).

Will try your way tonight when I am home. Thanks.
paulmui

Postby old_man_biking » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:16 am

Yep, "your way" uses an older importer that cannot import Pool Swimming activities.
You either have to use the approach from my previous post or use the Garmin FIT Devices plugin if you want an import DEVICE rather than import FILES.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby paulmui » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:36 am

OK, it works well now with your method. Thank you very much.
paulmui

Postby jfklentzi » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:14 am

Dear OMB,

Does the issue with the Garmin Swim file has been solved ?
As the others, I can import the file from my garmin Swim watch but it's not recognize as a swim file and the menu "pool Swimming" does not appear.
I have attached a FIT file in case you need it.

Looking foward to your support
Thanks
Attachments
20120821-185119-1-1499-ANTFS-4-0.FIT
GArmin Swim file
(3.28 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
jfklentzi

Postby old_man_biking » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:30 am

Which issue?

I've tried to import your attached file with Garmin FIT Devices plugin and it imports like a charm.
And the imported activity has its "Pool Swimming" detail page where it's displayed flawlessly - as far as I can see.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby jfklentzi » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:26 am

OMB,

Thanks for your prompt feedback.
The issue I was talking about was the same than those mentionned by few members (mipo & farodyne) on 25/07/2012.
I now find out that Mipo found a way to solve the problem on his PC.

I hope it's the same for me and I will try his solution tonight.

At least I'm happy that the FIT file I send you work on your computer...

Cheers

JF
jfklentzi

Postby jfklentzi » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:55 am

:lol:
Problem Solved !!!!

Thanks to Mipo !!!
:lol:
jfklentzi

Postby Alexkirkp » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:26 am

I have uploaded several swim succesfully, however my swim tonight had an issue with distance. When I got done with the swim my 910XT said I had gone 1275yd, however for distance the summary says that I only went 750yd. If I look at the Pool Swimming page it does show the correct distance at the end and I can see the correct distance in Garmin Connect. This could possibly be related to how I swim which is anchored to the side of the (short) pool by my ankles, and I just let it decided that I have started another length whenever the watch feels like it.

I use your Garmin FIT plugin to import.

It's not a big deal since this is the the only time it has happened out of 7 swims like this and I realize that it could be an issue with ST, but I thought I would let you know. I have attached a screen shot and the FIT file.
Attachments
20120905-201219-1-1328-ANTFS-4-0.FIT
(4.84 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
swim.png
swim.png (150.95 KiB) Viewed 19894 times
Alexkirkp

Postby old_man_biking » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:57 am

Let me repeat: your problem is that the distance shown on the "Summary" page is too short. Right?

This distance is calculated by ST as "distance while moving", usually ignoring stopped times.
The calculation is affected by the checkmarks in the upper part of "Settings:Display:Analysis" and by the "Stopped" threshold in the activity category's configuration ("Select View:Categories:Activity Categories").
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Alexkirkp » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:43 pm

old_man_biking wrote:Let me repeat: your problem is that the distance shown on the "Summary" page is too short. Right?

This distance is calculated by ST as "distance while moving", usually ignoring stopped times.
The calculation is affected by the checkmarks in the upper part of "Settings:Display:Analysis" and by the "Stopped" threshold in the activity category's configuration ("Select View:Categories:Activity Categories").

Ok, that would make sense. When I select "Use Manually Entered Values" 1275 is automatically filled in for the distance.

The box in "Settings:Display:Analysis" was checked, so it should have been including stopped distance. When I uncheck the box (so that stopped time and distance are not included) the total distance goes up to 1325 (50 more than my watch read).

Obviously this is nothing to do with your swimming plugin though, so I won't bother you with it any more.

Thanks for your help :D
Alexkirkp

Postby fourbeer » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:08 am

I tried to find the answer to this on the plugin's homepage, but the details, getting started and manual were not yet populated.

Why are some of the average pace and average swolf boxes colored for some lengths and what do the different colors mean?
fourbeer
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:02 am

They are colored in light green, darker light green, light red and darker light red.
Green means substantially better than the total average, red means worse.
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby fourbeer » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:53 pm

Thanks!!!
fourbeer
Donated!
Donated!

Postby oliverbird » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:10 am

Hi, great plugin. One question, is there any way I can see the pace in mins/100m, not mins/100yd? I have 'Mile' as my default Sporttracks distance (for running and cycling) but the Swimming category is supposedly set as 'Metres'. When I import my FIt file (using the default FIT import) it imports the pool data in yards, which I can then convert to metres using your 'edit' mode. However the plugin pace stays as min/100yd.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
oliverbird

PreviousNext

Return to Pool Swimming