Downloads: 1,411 (11) • Reviews: 8

Version:

Updated:

Mar 10, 2016

Pool Swimming plugin

Re: Pool Swimming plugin

Postby old_man_biking » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:26 am

Thanks.
How did you import that? ST's native importer or Garmin FIT Devices plugin?
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby matthew2811 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:39 pm

With the Garmin FIT devices plugin.
matthew2811

Postby old_man_biking » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:11 am

Fixed that for the next version of Garmin FIT Devices plugin (just released!).
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby matthew2811 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:26 am

Thanks OMB,
I have downloaded the new version of the FIT Devices plugin and Pool Swimming plugin and the incorrect stroke data in the rest periods in now gone. For anybody else's reference I did need to delete yesterday's swim data out of SporTracks then reload it for the change to be in effect.
I also deleted an outdoor swim from last weekend and reloaded it to see the new improved outdoor swim metrics available in the Pool Swimming plugin.
As always, a great job, thanks again.
matthew2811

Postby schwinbp » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:40 pm

The ability to edit and fix your swim imports is great, but it is missing a major feature...ability to change the distance. For example, my kick and drill sets show up as rest laps and when I make them active they are only showing as 25 yds. But I need to change them to be the number of yards/laps for what I really did. I tried splitting them, but it just keeps dividing the distance in half. Actually sometimes it throws an exception and doesn't do anything.

Thanks
Brian
schwinbp

Postby old_man_biking » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:52 pm

Of course the plugin provides the functionality to adjust the distance.
For pool swimming sessions 1 length should ALWAYS be handled by the plugin as having distance = pool length.
So increasing the distance means in fact creating new lengths = making lengths active and splitting lengths.

If splitting DIVIDES the distance of a length, that would be a bug. However, I cannot reproduce that.
If you can reproduce that, please zip and attach a .FIT file of the swim and add EXACT step-by-step instructions how to reproduce the issue.

When there are exceptions, please post screen shots.
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Trithink » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:49 am

I just downloaded the Pool Swim Plugin and it's listed under Plugins, however I doesn't seem to show up under ST's Daily Activities or Activities Report Pages. In other words, the only time I see any mention of the Pool Swimming plugin is when I go into settings and look under plugins. I'm using Windows XP Pro and the 910xt.
Trithink

Postby old_man_biking » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:55 am

To avoid menu cluttering, the menu entry "Pool Swimming" in the list of activity detail pages only shows up, when you've selected an activity which has pool swimming data (imported from a FR910XT in pool swimming mode or with the Swimsense Import plugin).
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Trithink » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:06 am

I did select the swim workout and the 910 was in Pool Swim mode, however when I imported it into SportTracks it showed up as Other (I changed it to swimming after importing). All the Swim metrics showed up on the watch and in Garmin Connect.
Trithink

Postby MiPo » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:07 pm

Hello OMB, hello all,
as a newbie with FR910 (arrived 2 days ago) and your plugin (but not with ST ;-) I am wondering how to make the plugin work at all.
I installed the latest plugin on ST v. 3.1.4518 als trail version and got the popup that it is installed.
With Settings / Plugins I see the plugin. I can see the path to the dll.
With my (selected) today's indoor swim I do not see anything about the plugin functionality - Just standard ST fu.
No additional entries in the menu lists, nothing.
I rebooted, de- and reinstalled, re-imported, re-transmitted form FR to ST - nothing helped.
Could it be that the swim activity is not properly recognized? But the category is swimming!
There is on aspect to mention: I did the swim with the ex-factory version of the software. I updated to 2.5 after the swim.
Can you/anybody help?

Regards, Michael
MiPo

Postby Farodyne » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:57 pm

I have a similar problem as Michael, and I wonder if it might be because I am using an incompatible device?

I am running an activated version of ST 3.1.4518 with the latest version of the Swim plugin. The swimming data is imported to ST through ANT Agent from a Garmin Swim watch. I see the swimming data in ST and the plugin appears as active in the settings page, but I don't get any new "Pool swimming" menu at all when a swimming activity is selected as specified by the small documentation page for the Swim plugin.

My question is...does this plugin ONLY work for the FR910 or the Swimsence import plugin? Is the Garmin Swim watch too new and incompatible in this manner? :?:

The Swim plugin looks promissing, but obviously I would only pay for it if it works with my device. :wink:

Best regards,

F.
Farodyne

Postby old_man_biking » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:11 am

Farodyne wrote:I have a similar problem as Michael, and I wonder if it might be because I am using an incompatible device?

I am running an activated version of ST 3.1.4518 with the latest version of the Swim plugin. The swimming data is imported to ST through ANT Agent from a Garmin Swim watch. I see the swimming data in ST and the plugin appears as active in the settings page, but I don't get any new "Pool swimming" menu at all when a swimming activity is selected as specified by the small documentation page for the Swim plugin.

My question is...does this plugin ONLY work for the FR910 or the Swimsence import plugin? Is the Garmin Swim watch too new and incompatible in this manner? :?:

The Swim plugin looks promissing, but obviously I would only pay for it if it works with my device. :wink:

Best regards,

F.

The Garmin Swim Watch is quite new and in fact that's the first time I hear of it.
Could you please attach a .FIT file of one of your pool swimming sessions to your post.
You find it in the "Activities" subfolder of the Garmin ANT Agent sync folder:

----
Under Windows XP and older, this will be located at:
C:\Documents and Settings\{USERNAME}\Application Data\GARMIN\Devices\{DEVICE-NUMBER}

Under Windows Vista and Windows 7, this will be located at:
C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Roaming\GARMIN\Devices\{DEVICE-NUMBER}
----

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:15 am

MiPo wrote:Hello OMB, hello all,
as a newbie with FR910 (arrived 2 days ago) and your plugin (but not with ST ;-) I am wondering how to make the plugin work at all.
I installed the latest plugin on ST v. 3.1.4518 als trail version and got the popup that it is installed.
With Settings / Plugins I see the plugin. I can see the path to the dll.
With my (selected) today's indoor swim I do not see anything about the plugin functionality - Just standard ST fu.
No additional entries in the menu lists, nothing.
I rebooted, de- and reinstalled, re-imported, re-transmitted form FR to ST - nothing helped.
Could it be that the swim activity is not properly recognized? But the category is swimming!
There is on aspect to mention: I did the swim with the ex-factory version of the software. I updated to 2.5 after the swim.
Can you/anybody help?

Regards, Michael

When (and only when) you have selected an activity in ST that has pool swimming data (recorded with a FR910XT in swimming mode or with the Swimsense Import plugin), a menue entry "Pool Swimming" should appear in the detail page menu of "Daily Activity" view (below the standard entries for "Summary", "Speed/Pace", "Workout", "Power", ...).
If that does NOT appear, please attach the original .FIT file of that activity to your post. See my post just above this one to see where you find these files.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby MiPo » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:49 pm

Hello OMB,
I got the "message" from some previous post.
I clicked the activity, but nothing additional appears in menu of the "daily activities" detail page.
Please find attached the Fit file.
Thanks for helping, Michael
Attachments
20120725-173735-1-1328-ANTFS-4.FIT
(2.71 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
MiPo

Postby old_man_biking » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:06 am

I can't reproduce your problem.
When I import your attached file, a pool swimming session of 21 lengths in a 50m pool is imported,
the "Pool Swimming" entry in the detail page menu appears (see http://sporttracks-plugins.com/SportTra ... 20206.html )
and a click on it displays the per length information.

If this doesn't work for you, I assume that you use an old version of SportTracks. Go to Settings:System and check your installed ST version. It should be 4.1.4518.
If not, install a current version of ST ("Support" button in the header area of the forum, then "Downloads".
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Stumpjumper68 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:57 am

Current version is 3.1.4518 :wink:
Stumpjumper68
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:50 am

Ouch, of course you're right :oops:
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby MiPo » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:01 am

old_man_biking wrote:I can't reproduce your problem.
When I import your attached file, a pool swimming session of 21 lengths in a 50m pool is imported,
the "Pool Swimming" entry in the detail page menu appears (see http://sporttracks-plugins.com/SportTra ... 20206.html )
and a click on it displays the per length information.

If this doesn't work for you, I assume that you use an old version of SportTracks. Go to Settings:System and check your installed ST version. It should be 4.1.4518.
If not, install a current version of ST ("Support" button in the header area of the forum, then "Downloads".

Well, although I thought I have the latests version in place, I took my laptop (Win7), updated all Garmin and ST components to the latest versions and rebooted.
Then I installed the plugin. The license pdf appeared. I said that I want to use the trial version ....
And got the message that **trial persiod is experid** with date March 5, 2012. :cry: :?: where is my time machine?

I really would like to use the plugin but I never had such problems with a plugin.
Would it help to continue in German language and direct contact?
MiPo

Postby old_man_biking » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:10 am

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll take care.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby S222sgr » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:41 pm

Many thanks for the recent updates. I like the abililty to edit notes directly but I notice that if I use the space bar the cursor goes to the beginning of the field? I can type in my notes and add the spaces after but it would be good if this could be fixed?

Also, please see a recent Open Water swim I did. You can see that I managed a massive 76,753 strokes!! The number of strokes seems to have accumulated instead of being individual numbers? Can you help?

Thanks again

Simon
Attachments
Swim.jpg
Swim.jpg (191.75 KiB) Viewed 24308 times
S222sgr

Postby old_man_biking » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:14 am

Found and fixed the cursor jump issue for the next version.

I can't reproduce your accumulated strokes issue. It works fine for the open water swimming test data that I have.
Could you please zip and attach the original .FIT file of this swim to your post and I'll have a look.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby S222sgr » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:26 am

Thanks for the cursor jump fix. Please forgive muy ignorance but how do I get you the original .FIT file? I have deleted this swim from my watch...

I have checked back on some other OW swims and the same thing happens every time?

Simon
S222sgr

Postby old_man_biking » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:37 am

You find the activity .FIT files in the "Activities" subfolder of the ANT Agent sync folder.
See http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/sporttr ... min-import:
Code: Select all
1) Find the Garmin ANT Agent sync folder
C:\Documents and Settings\{USERNAME}\Application Data\GARMIN\Devices\{DEVICE-NUMBER}

As long as you've not already synced your Garmin with ANT Agent on your PC, the deleted activity should still be present in that folder.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Farodyne » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:18 am

old_man_biking wrote:The Garmin Swim Watch is quite new and in fact that's the first time I hear of it.
Could you please attach a .FIT file of one of your pool swimming sessions to your post.
You find it in the "Activities" subfolder of the Garmin ANT Agent sync folder:

----

----

Cheers,
OMB

Dear OMB,

Following your instructions I am now attaching a FIT file for a session I swam this morning with my Garmin Swim watch. It's a 10 x 300 meter crawl interval session in a 25 meter pool.

Can you see if this file is compatible with your plugin? :roll:

I would love to be able to use your plugin, because I can't say I find the default ST support for swimming to be of much help at all. :?

Best regards,

F.
Attachments
20120730-070954-1-1499-ANTFS-20-0.FIT
Sample FIT file
(845 Bytes) Downloaded 278 times
Farodyne

Postby old_man_biking » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:22 am

The file that you've attached is not an "Activity FIT file", it's a so-called "Activity Summary FIT file".
Which contains a crippled summary of the activity data. Unfortunately there is no per-length information in it.

A first indication of this "wrong" file type is the file name "20120730-070954-1-1499-ANTFS-20-0.FIT".
An "Activity FIT file" would have a "4" instead of the "20" in its name.
The file cannot be uploaded to Garmin Connect either.

DC Rainmaker's review ( http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2012/06/garm ... eview.html ) shows an activity recorded with your watch uploaded to Garmin Connect. Which is evidence that the watch in fact does support Activity FIT files.
So I strongly assume that you've just picked up a wrong file.

Have a look in the ANT Agent folder and search for "real" activity files - those with the trailing "4" in its name.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

PreviousNext

Return to Pool Swimming