by old_man_biking

Downloads: 1,382 (11) • Reviews: 8

Version:

Updated:

Mar 10, 2016

Pool Swimming plugin

Pool Swimming plugin

Postby old_man_biking » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:09 pm

The latest SportTracks update provides support for Pool Swimming. Major advance: ST can now hold length specific records.
You can import pool swimming activities from either a Garmin 910XT or a Swimsense watch (using the Swimsense plugin).

Our new "Pool Swimming" plugin adds a new detail page to SportTracks which is dedicated to pool swimming and provides a detailed per length view.
See the plugin's page in the plugin catalog: http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/sporttr ... l-swimming .

Please use this thread to post comments, questions, ... for the Pool Swimming plugin.
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Pool Swimming plugin

Postby orca0959 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:32 pm

ST does not start anymore after installing the plugin. How can I deinstall it?
orca0959
-PAID-
-PAID-

Postby old_man_biking » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:23 pm

Ouch!?!?W'7
You can delete the folder C:\ProgramData\ZoneFiveSoftware\SportTracks\3\Plugins\Installed\569be225-2b58-4f56-98ee-be70e3fe5dbf to uninstall manually. Path is valid for W'7. On W'XP search for the cryptic dir name.

I cannot reproduce that crash.
Which verison of ST do you use?
Which Windows version?
Is there anything in the ST system log (-> Settings:System)?
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby chutchings » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Hi

I have both the swim sense watch and the garmin 910xt. Your plugin looks very interesting, I wore both the watches on Sundays swim, the Garmin was slightly more accurate only a few mistakes. However the plugin reads the Swimsense data incorrectly. Accourding to swimsense I covered 87150 m in 10:29.9 - now that would be impressive. It looks like the length numbers are correct but it has the length distance varying - actually the look like they go up by 25m each time so I am getting faster and faster

Hope this helps you trouble shoot.

Clair
swimsense.png
swimsense.png (41.42 KiB) Viewed 35094 times
Where there is a will there is a way
chutchings

Postby chutchings » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:11 pm

Also I have an enhancement request - allow us to manually edit the data so we can correct any incorrect lengths - combine them, delete them, change strokes etc

cheers

Clair
chutchings

Postby old_man_biking » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:40 pm

chutchings wrote:Hi

I have both the swim sense watch and the garmin 910xt. Your plugin looks very interesting, I wore both the watches on Sundays swim, the Garmin was slightly more accurate only a few mistakes. However the plugin reads the Swimsense data incorrectly. Accourding to swimsense I covered 87150 m in 10:29.9 - now that would be impressive. It looks like the length numbers are correct but it has the length distance varying - actually the look like they go up by 25m each time so I am getting faster and faster

Hope this helps you trouble shoot.

Clair

The plugin doesn't IMPORT the Swimsense data, it only SHOWS the imported data. Import is done with Swimsense plugin.
Did you already install the latest Swimsense plugin version?
If yes, I'd assume a bug in this --> post to the general "Bugs" or "Questions" board of this forum to point admin to that.
I think you've neatly described the bug: the developer mistakingly uses "accumulated distance" where he wanted to use "current length distance".
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:30 pm

orca0959 wrote:ST does not start anymore after installing the plugin. How can I deinstall it?

Think I've found and fixed the bug :P
I've just uploaded a new version, please try that out.
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby admin » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:30 pm

@chutchings

Please try the updated swimsense plugin 4419 just released today. Sorry about the bug.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby orca0959 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:05 am

@OMB: Just a short answer because I am attending a training camp. The uninstall program did not work. But after deleting the folder ST starts again. OS is WIN8 Developer Preview. So there is plenty of time to find that bug. For the rest ST runs fine on WIN8.
orca0959
-PAID-
-PAID-

Postby chutchings » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:19 am

I get an error starting sportstracks - an error occured confguring plugin updates. Please refer to the system log for details. :!: Sporttracks then starts but with the pool swimming plugin disabled
chutchings

Postby old_man_biking » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:21 am

chutchings wrote:I get an error starting sportstracks - an error occured confguring plugin updates. Please refer to the system log for details. :!: Sporttracks then starts but with the pool swimming plugin disabled

Is the plugin just disabled (unchecked in Settings:Plugins), or not installed at all?
Anything in the sytem log (Settings:System)?
Did you try to reinstall?
Did you install the latest plugin version - I've released a new version about 12 hours ago?
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby chutchings » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:58 am

@ OMB
In order to get it working I had to restart the computer to delete the plugin folder. Reinstall the new version of the plugin, restart ST3 twice before it identified the newer version it was then unticked, I ticked the plugin restarted ST adn now its working again.

Using the FIT file plugin cadence is missing from the data - however using the FIT file import all data is there.

@Admin
Swimsense plugin - I imported last sundays swim and the pool swimming plugin detects it, however previously imported swimsense workouts are not interpretted by the pool swimming plugin. Also I removed the Sunday swim workout so I could reimported however the swimsense plugin does not detect it is missing and states that no new workouts are available. I would remove the older workouts and reimport them but I am worryed that the plugin will fail to recognize the missing plugins.

Clair
chutchings

Postby old_man_biking » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:16 am

Hi Clair,
I will release a new version of Garmin FIT Devices plugin within the next few days that will support import of pool swimming data .

Regarding older Swimsense activities.
Admin has changed the data model of ST. The new version of Swimsense plugin now imports into pool swimming specific data buckets that had simply not been there before.
So you will have to re-import older Swimsense rides into ST in order to have them complete and accessible to the Pool Swimming plugin.
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby D80YES » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:59 pm

Hi, i'm frustrated!!! I have read through all the posts but unless i'm too tired or basically just too dumn i can't figure it out.

I have downloaded the plug in but ST doesn't recognise it and i can't get it too! I've deleted the file and tried again a couple of times and restarted ST and my laptop, but no luck... I'm less than impressed by the garmin connect and the lack of edditing to fix all the wrong data so i really want to get this to work!

Help!

Thanx

David :(
D80YES

Postby old_man_biking » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:02 pm

Did you install the latest ST version (3.1.4415) - released about a week ago?
The plugin won't be loaded by older ST versions.
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby ViDi0T » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:01 pm

Any chance this plug-in can be adapted to use Pool Mate Pro files imported into ST using this plug-in?

http://code.google.com/p/sportracks-poo ... loads/list
ViDi0T
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:41 pm

The latest SportTracks version has got enhancements for pool swimming. And the Pool Swimming plugin is based on these.
So the plugin you link to simply has to be adapted to SportTracks' new data model enhancements. Contact its developer.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Giuseppe » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:12 am

Hello swimming pool did not work, I view with data imported from garmin 910xt? Thanks
Giuseppe
Giuseppe

Postby old_man_biking » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:41 am

What means "did not work".
Please add more information, screen shots, ...
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Giuseppe » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:56 am

After importing data from garmin 910xt, displaying the screen of the plugin, you can not see anything ....
Giuseppe

Postby old_man_biking » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:42 am

You need the latest version of SportTracks (3.1.4415 - to be found on Settings:System page of ST).
If you use Garmin FIT Devices plugin for import, you have to install the latest version as well (3.0.4427).

If you use the latest version(s), please attach the imported .FIT file to your post. See here for instructions how to find it: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=11711&start=50#p67421
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Giuseppe » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:48 pm

The versions of the plugin and st3 ultime.In devices are attached are the files fit swimming workout that I said, the premise that you see on garmin connect and it works, and swimming pool with the plugin does not show anything ... ......
Hoping to solve, I offer
regards
Attachments
20120211-115132-1-1328-ANTFS-4-0.FIT
File fit work swim
(2.83 KiB) Downloaded 394 times
Giuseppe

Postby old_man_biking » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:43 pm

Your file displays perfectly on my PC.

I am still not sure if I understand your posts.

You need Pool Swimming plugin: http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/sporttr ... l-swimming
and you have to switch to activity detail page "Pool swimming".
Unbenannt.PNG
Unbenannt.PNG (58.08 KiB) Viewed 34921 times
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Giuseppe » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:06 am

How do I activate swimming pool? Which switch?
Giuseppe

Postby Angelus » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:59 am

chutchings wrote:Also I have an enhancement request - allow us to manually edit the data so we can correct any incorrect lengths - combine them, delete them, change strokes etc

cheers

Clair

That would be a great feature!
That would be the feature that make me buy this plugin! :)
Angelus
Donated!
Donated!

Next

Return to Pool Swimming