by rammsteini

Downloads: 15,254 (4) • Reviews: 2

Version:

Updated:

May 6, 2011

[3.1] Script error at launch

[3.1] Script error at launch

Postby Z74 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:56 am

I've searched the forum for script errors as related to google earth but I couldn't find anything.
I keep getting this http://www.google.com/uds/?file=earth&v=1 script error (all the other fields are "0": line, code, etc.) the moment the program starts (just a moment before the logbook loads).

Apparently asking NOT to keep executing the page scripts doesn't do (the error will keep appearing) at the next program launch.

Immediately afterwards, I get a second error on line 29, character 13: "Impossible to retrieve the property 'createInstance' of a null or indefinite reference point"
Code 0
URL: file://C:/Users/User/AppData/Local/Temp ... 21050.html

My best guess is that ST3 is trying to look for this file but since it doesn't find it there goes the error but I don't know if these 2 errors are related to each other.
I have no idea how this file could have been deleted (perhaps some 3rd party program?) but I suppose there has to be some way to regenerate it or ignore it (permanently).
I don't know how to get rid of this.

Any clues?
Z74

Re: [3.1] Script error at launch

Postby Paul Thomas » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:33 pm

I have the same problem - its quite annoying. Thsi is what I think is happening:

The java script file is created each time the app launches with a different file name. Its not a missing file issue.

I think there is a bug in the javascript being executed to create a google earth object. The web-api is being called with an incorrect parameter list that causes google.com to return:

Code: Select all
var error = new Error("Module: 'earth' not found!");
error.toString = function() { return this.message; }
throw error;

Which causes the first dialog box to pop up.

The second dialog pops up because the javascript is unable to initialise the object requested by the web-api.

Its probably down to sport tracks not tracking changes in google's API. One for Zone5 to fix, i think. Fairly sure we are not the only people affected.
Paul Thomas

Postby texmurphy » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:17 pm

ZoneFive Support does not monitor the Plugins Forums. You might get their attention by posting in the Questions Forum.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Z74 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:31 pm

texmurphy wrote:ZoneFive Support does not monitor the Plugins Forums. You might get their attention by posting in the Questions Forum.

... how the hell did this post get into this forum? Was it moved? Thanks for pointing that out tex... I really hadn't realized it (that's why the Admin didn't answer!), I'm gonna link to here in the questions forum.
Z74

Return to Google Earth Plugin