by mechgt

Downloads: 3,976 (11) • Reviews: 3

Version:

Updated:

Feb 28, 2014

Suggestions for improvements

Suggestions for improvements

Postby staffann » Sun May 22, 2011 5:27 am

I thought I'd start a separate thread about what we'd like to see in fit plan, rather than having them in the release threads for the different versions. I'll start with my suggestions.
- When changing the length of a phase, it would be nice if one could choose to have the subsequent phases move in either direction (already discussed).
- The possibility to see the effect of planned workouts in TL (already discussed). This is a really important one since IMHO the link to TL is what makes fit plan different from other alternatives for doing planning. The graph within fit plan is too limited to allow the benefit tobe utilised properly.
- The possibility to compare a single planned workout with the actual workout performed, comparing time, distance, pace, TRIMP etc.
- The possiblility to compare the planned weekly summery with the actual weekly summary, comparing total time, distance, pace etc per week.
- Do you think it would be possible to somehow leave the planned workout in the calender view even for dates that have passed, so that it is easy to visually see both what was planned and what was actually done? I'm not sure myself how to fit both planned and actual workouts into the view at the same time without things becoming cluttered, but it is another way of getting the feel of how well I followed my plan.
- The possiblity of doing long term planning by just entering weekly totals and then planning the actual workouts a few weeks in advance. This is not the highest priority for me, but I think that others use this way of planning.

This was my 5 cents. I hope some of this is along the lines that mecht wants fit plan to go.
On the ST2Funbeat development team. Author of the Svettig (jogg.se) and Compare Planned plugins.
staffann
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Suggestions for improvements

Postby texmurphy » Sun May 22, 2011 8:15 am

staffann wrote:- Do you think it would be possible to somehow leave the planned workout in the calender view even for dates that have passed, so that it is easy to visually see both what was planned and what was actually done? I'm not sure myself how to fit both planned and actual workouts into the view at the same time without things becoming cluttered, but it is another way of getting the feel of how well I followed my plan.

A three dimensional card stack might work for visualizing this.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby ksherman » Sun May 22, 2011 6:05 pm

All those are very good points. I would list all exactly the same bar the priority, to me the summary comparison and summary level planning would be nearer the top.
Another plus would be to have an Excel template that will allow an upload directly, i.e. set up the phases manually, upload the workouts via excel. Or to simply have a grid type mass updater inside ST3 with the calendar being more a viewer/navigator.
Keith Sherman
Garmin Edge 800, Garmin Fenix3
Trek Domane 2016
Specialized Roubaix SL3 '11
Specialized Epic '15
ksherman
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mazoaguirre » Mon May 23, 2011 9:23 am

+1 in comparsion about planned VS reality and i chat about with mechgt
FR 310 and Foot Pod, Edge 500 and Cadence Sensor, GoPro HD 960
mazoaguirre.com
mazoaguirre
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby simmern » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:33 am

I have one more improvment for sugestion. I would love to have a drag and drop functionalety when I planing my sessions. It would be a nice thing when the repeat function arent as good. This would help out to easy see the outcome of training, especially in final phase of training.

have to say its a great plugin.
simmern

Postby ericpeters » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:00 am

For Cycling it would be nice to be able to use courses or even better saved rides from the history for the plan.
I typically have a dozen of own training courses and I normally choose one based on weather, mood and available time. The saved rides have a fixed length, an estimated time and an estimated TSS if you can build you plan based on existing rides in my opinion it makes more sense and is more applicable in real life than just planning for a 90 minute ride with 3 intervals.
regards,

Eric
ericpeters

Postby Stumpjumper68 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:57 am

If you just duplicate an old workout and change the date to a future date it should work this way. You just need to delete it later on.
Stumpjumper68
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Stumpjumper68 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:16 am

After thinking a bit further it would make sense to create an own category "planned". Than it's possible to exclude from statistics. You should remove as well equipement.
Stumpjumper68
Donated!
Donated!

Postby shri_ady » Tue May 08, 2012 9:02 am

could the program display the real results of the running? like into the next image?
de intrebat.jpg
de intrebat.jpg (104.99 KiB) Viewed 17173 times
shri_ady

Postby marky_gee » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:59 pm

staffman requested: " The possiblity of doing long term planning by just entering weekly totals"

+1 for that.

I've not used FP in anger yet (unlike training load which i use quite a bit now)

I want to enter daily TRIMP values. I know that can already be done but (maybe i'm using it wrongly) it requires quite a few clicks to do it. If possible I would like it to be almost like a modeling/excel tool where TRIMP values can be entered and the effects on TSB (or ideally forecast race-day TSB) quickly toggled to.
marky_gee

Postby panos » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:05 am

I would like to see the name of the phases VERTICAL on the TRIMP chart, because if you have a plan with many phases, each phase's name overlaps the others around it.
panos

Postby panos » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:48 am

Plan Overview pane
- ability to display summaries or averages per phase beside each phase's name (like in activity report).
- ability to display all data fields per workout done (i.e. calories, heart rate, cadence, watt, custom data fields etc).
- ability to undock the pane (like in the training analysis plugin).

Training Load pane
- ability to align the the phase's name vertically or even rotate in at 45 degrees (in the case of plans with many phases, i.e. my plan has a duration of 44 weeks and 13 phases and some of the names “cover” each other).

Workout template pane

- add ascent/climb for each workout template (my main sport is ultra trail running and when i am training for a race, my main concerns on most workouts are: time on my feet and total ascent).
- the description pane should be devided in rows and each phase of the workout should be in it's own row and aligned to the left, so that you dont have to realign them every time you change the Workout Library pane size. The alignment could be done either by default or with a button just like in a word processor.
panos

Postby mechgt » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:53 am

panos wrote:I would like to see the name of the phases VERTICAL on the TRIMP chart, because if you have a plan with many phases, each phase's name overlaps the others around it.
Got it. I'll look into if this is possible or not, good idea.

panos wrote:Plan Overview pane
- ability to display summaries or averages per phase beside each phase's name (like in activity report).
I like the idea, however there's a 'Show Summary' checkbox that already does this with further detail. Sounds like you want the same information, only you're asking for it in a different spot?

panos wrote:- the description pane should be devided in rows and each phase of the workout should be in it's own row and aligned to the left, so that you dont have to realign them every time you change the Workout Library pane size. The alignment could be done either by default or with a button just like in a word processor.
I don't understand this. Maybe a screenshot to show me what you're referring to?

All others, I understand and will add to my enhancement request list.
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby FranR » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:01 pm

Agood addition would be adding a custom field so we can have a column to see the Fitplan workout template in the daily activity screen. This way we could easily group, select and compare similar workouts (coming from the same template).
FranR

Postby FranR » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:57 am

Let me add I am already doing this manually, but having it automated (just like TRIMP right now) would make my life easier.
FranR

Postby panos » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:04 am

panos wrote:Plan Overview pane
I like the idea, however there's a 'Show Summary' checkbox that already does this with further detail. Sounds like you want the same information, only you're asking for it in a different spot?

Yes you are right. Same information on a different spot. It would save us the "phase total" line.

panos wrote:- the description pane should be devided in rows and each phase of the workout should be in it's own row and aligned to the left, so that you dont have to realign them every time you change the Workout Library pane size. The alignment could be done either by default or with a button just like in a word processor.
I don't understand this. Maybe a screenshot to show me what you're referring to?

I have attached two screenshots.
Attachments
sporttracks print screen 2.jpg
good alignment
sporttracks print screen 2.jpg (141.17 KiB) Viewed 16567 times
sporttracks print screen 1.jpg
bad alignment
sporttracks print screen 1.jpg (157.29 KiB) Viewed 16567 times
panos

Postby krono » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:49 am

mechgt, have you thought adding automated TRIMP calculation to FitPlan plugin?. I think most of cyclists are planning workouts thinking in time and heartrate (or Watts!) instead of distance or pace. To properly plan a season, with adequate increase of training load each week (not more than 10% per week, for example), would be very useful TRIMP automatic calculation based on heart rate. It could be done by the same calculation method that is used in the Training Load plugin.

I have this calculation automated in an Excel now, and it would be the definitive help to have all my training (estimated or planned, and real one) integrated in SportTracks.

Thank you very much.
-------------
KRONO
krono

Postby pixy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:05 am

mechgt, the automatic Trimp calculation is a feature that I would appriciate as well. But thinking about the planning I just did, I do think it is something integral with the Garmin stuff. In there I do define my workouts/intervals and so on. So either the TRIMP is diretly calculated there or you can pick up the values and calculate the TRIMP. Anyhow, this does only work when you have heart rate targets set....?!

Cheers
Stefan
pixy

Postby panos » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:16 am

Hello mechgt

Everytime i scuedule 2 workouts on the same day (ie running in the morning and strength in the afternoon), the calendar shows the brick icon.
This is not the case. The two workouts are not one brick workout.
There sould be an option for the user, to choose whether the two or three workouts of the given day compose a brick workout or no.

Regards
Panos
panos

Postby panos » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:57 am

Workout Library:
- add a field in the template area with "ascent".

Week view:
- in the summary field add "ascent" summary too.

For someone that is involved in trail running, especially ultra trail running,
ascent and time on his feet are the most important variables of training.
panos

Postby panos » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:15 pm

While waiting for the fixes that will make Fit Plan a real planning tool, i came up with a new idea for improvement.

Well, i had the current week planed, but for some reason i decided to switch Monday's and Tuesday's workouts.
How can that be done ? Delete workout - add workout on Monday, delete workout - add workout on Tuesday.

Would it be nice, if someone could drag and drop the already planned workouts in Week View according to the changes in plan ?
panos

Postby mechgt » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:42 pm

Drag-n-drop to move/copy workouts: I've been working on that (on and off) for a while in the calendar, but there's a bug with it somewhere that I've not sorted out, so it's not released/included yet. Hopefully that'll get in there eventually, but I keep getting sidetracked with other features and haven't really prioritized it yet. I hadn't considered it in the week view yet though... I'll add that to the enhancement request list.

P.S. I captured your earlier requests as well.
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby panos » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:39 am

This is another idea for improvement:

In the WEEK view, if someone has planned 2 or 3 workouts, each workout is represented as a bar, and the user
can see the details of each workout by clicking on the bars and expanding the details.

In the CALENDAR view the user can see just one workout, either planned or completed.
It would be much better if the calendar view had the same functionality in terms of workouts display
as the week view.
panos

Return to Fit Plan