Newly updated features as of version 1.4:
The biggest addition is that power is now integrated with it. There's a pull-down to switch from HR/Trimp based calculations, to Power based calculations. The power calculations are primarily oriented toward our cyclists out there (for now...), however I've found Trimp to be very helpful for running (and cycling), so there's no changes there.
Note that the terminology 'Trimp' now correctly refers to HR based calculations (from Dr. Eric Bannister), and TSS or Training Stress Score refers to power based calculations (from Dr. Andy Coggan).
There's a new Mean-Max chart in the main Activity Details drop down. It's a little slow now, but hopefully I can get that to calculate a little faster in the future. See this topic for more information and questions: Mean-Max explanation
Calcs at startup
Training Load should load faster. However, if you don't like training load as much as I do and don't want programs doing stuff you didn't ask them to do, you can disable it. The 'preload' option runs in the background in low priority and shouldn't slow down ST starting up. I suggest you enable this.
Functional Threshold Power
Users need to enter this data (necessary for TSS calculations) in your choice of Athlete data fields: Skinfold, BP High, BP Low, or BodyFat. The default is SkinFold, but there's an option to change it to another category if you're already using that.
Sorry for the 'hack', but until we get customized athlete fields, this was what would most closely replicate that.
- Default zoom changed to 6 months
- ZoomToFit button defaults to this period (6 months). double click on chart to see 'everything'
- Activities with no 'score' (TSS or Trimp) are shown in italics to highlight activities being skipped by the charts. You may need to go and do manual entry on these activities to include them.
- Chart includes ALL activity dates instead of starting with the first 'scored' activity (let me know if this has any unintended consequences).
- Couple of new columns... normalized power, intensity factor, TSS, etc.
- TSS can be manually entered like 'TSS=xxxx' anywhere in Notes field.
- TL data can be exported to csv file. See export task underneath calendar.
- Double-click activity in table to go to main activity view.
Other plugins can access Training Load Data
- Plugin developers should now be able to access Training Load data from the TrainingLoad.Data namespace. Post a message in the developers forum for questions/requests on this topic.