by TomasR

Downloads: 6,255 (3) • Reviews: 1

Version:

Updated:

Jul 24, 2010

GDAL plugin

GDAL plugin

Postby TomasR » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:55 pm

GDAL plugin gives you, as a user, not extra functions to play with. It only provides other plugins with access to GDAL libraries. For example a plugin in development, by me, is on for custom maps which will require the GDAL plugin to be installed. Also Pkans Elevation correction plugin may in the future make use of the GDAL libraries.

More informations and the plugin can be found at this site:
http://mapplugin.googlepages.com/

Ideas or questions regarding the GDAL plugin can be raised in this thread or by direct PM message to me.

Your
Tomas Robertsson
TomasR
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mazoaguirre » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:48 pm

I HAVE WINRAR AND IT CAN EXTRACT THE FILES, IS ANY TROUBLE TO DO IN THAT WAY OR IS SAFE?

BY THE WAY I UNZIP TO PLUGIN FOLDER AND CREAT A SUBFOLDER CALLED GDALPlugin, SO I THINK IS CORRECT RIGTH?
FR 310 and Foot Pod, Edge 500 and Cadence Sensor, GoPro HD 960
mazoaguirre.com
mazoaguirre
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby TomasR » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:47 pm

why so BIIG? Why do you scream?

Can WinRar extract the files? Nice! Thought that 7-zip was the only program that could handle the archives 7-zip have created. (Why 7-zip? well the archive is about 30% smaller than a WinZip archive of the same files and I can at most put up an archive of 10 MB)

And yes, the installation seems OK. If the plugin is visible in ST settings view then everything is as it should be. Actually - the plugin doesn't require to be installed in a special folder under the plugin folder but since there are more than one DLL-file I believe it is best you give it its own folder.

But as I have stated - the plugin will not by itself give you anything new in ST....Nothing else than a setting page where you can check what version of GDAL that is installed.
But nice that you test it :)
TomasR
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mazoaguirre » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:46 pm

sorry for the screams, i noticed after i write and send, (on my work al will be on capitals)

:oops: sorry

wont do again

in the other hand i get an error

08/10/2007 05:40 p.m. [PluginManager] ERROR Could not load plugin C:\Archivos de programa\Zone Five Software\SportTracks 2.0\Plugins\GDALPlugin_1.0.0b\GDALPlugin\GDALPlugin.dll. An exception occurred during initialization.
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct& signature, IntPtr declaringType)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct signature, RuntimeTypeHandle declaringType)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at ZoneFiveSoftware.SportTracks.Util.ReflectionUtils.Construct[T](Type type)
at ZoneFiveSoftware.SportTracks.Plugin.PluginManager.AddPlugins(IApplication application, String assemblyPath)

i try in several ways

1.- unzip with winrar, at this point, i never checked if there is a plugin on settings, i cant find, so i asume, that may be winrar was the problem

2.- i unzip the selfextract file (same that pont 1) and get the same error

3.- i unzip the selfextract file with 7-ZIP and get the same error

4 i unzip the 7zip file, and get the same
mazoaguirre.com
mazoaguirre
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby TomasR » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:56 am

Strange....
This plugin do very little. Almost nothing at all. I wonder what can go wrong. I try myself extracting it to the same path as you have uses and no, no problems. (you could move it up one step in the folder tree)

One Q: Which OS do you use? Win XP? Vista?
Can't see why Vista would cause any problems but who knows?
Second Q: Which version of ST2?

Actually, the only thing this plugin do is this:
Code: Select all
 string path = Environment.GetEnvironmentVariable("PATH");
                string installPath = System.IO.Path.GetDirectoryName(this.GetType().Assembly.Location);
                path = System.IO.Path.Combine(installPath, "Gdalbin") + ";" + path;
                Environment.SetEnvironmentVariable("PATH", path);
                OSGeo.GDAL.Gdal.SetConfigOption("GDAL_DATA", System.IO.Path.Combine(installPath, "data"));

Can any of that cause a problem? I have no idea.
TomasR
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mazoaguirre » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:59 am

on the pc at work i have XP PRO ST 2.0.2808 and no problems with it, there is the plugin, on my laptop i have same XP and ST and the problem, i dont know what is wrong, in the afternoon, i am going to see what is
mazoaguirre.com
mazoaguirre
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby mazoaguirre » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:40 am

hi again, i still am with the same, but a tested the GDAL on mi home pc with XP PRO and ST 2.02808, and no, no problem

is there some other thing that could be wrong may be, the NET version or some other thing on win xp

and i am very anxious by this because the lap top is my master device, the pc at home is mostly for mi wife and the pc at work for obvious reasons is mi third option :D

thanks in advance for the help
mazoaguirre.com
mazoaguirre
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby pkan » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:56 pm

Monshi wrote:Actually, the only thing this plugin do is this: ... Can any of that cause a problem? I have no idea.

The good thing with so few lines of code is that you could make a version with a test printout (or message box or whatever) between each line to find out exactly where the problem occurs, and hopefully why.
pkan
Donated!
Donated!

Postby TomasR » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:13 pm

pkan wrote:
Monshi wrote:Actually, the only thing this plugin do is this: ... Can any of that cause a problem? I have no idea.

The good thing with so few lines of code is that you could make a version with a test printout (or message box or whatever) between each line to find out exactly where the problem occurs, and hopefully why.

My idea to... If mazoaguirre agree to this it I can set up one for him.

mazoaguirre - have sent you a PM with a link to a debug version.
TomasR
Donated!
Donated!

Postby TomasR » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:04 pm

Plugin updated to version 1.0.0 and is know based on GDAL version 1.6.0 dev from FWTools version 2.1.0.

No known, currently, plugin explicit require this last version of GDAL.
TomasR
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Inqu » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:51 am

Hello,

I downloaded the self-extracting plugin and installed it into the plugins directory.

When going to the Plugins in the settings, the GDAL plugin is not listed. The folder is created correctly and populated with the correct files afaik. This is using the new version uploaded today.

Should it be listed there?

For info: Windows Vista Business x64
Extracted as Administrator
SportTracks 2.0.2957

Mahalo!
Inqu

Postby TomasR » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:35 am

Ingu - yes it should!

Any error in SportTracks log?

And - have you tried the old version, the beta version, of the GDAL plugin?

Edit:
Perhaps an error on my part. Have updated the file on the web to v 1.0.0.01.
Try that version or the older one and report back.
TomasR
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Inqu » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:58 am

Hello Monshi,

Yes, I've tried the last 3 versions now (just tried with your updated version) and receive the following error.

ERROR Could not load plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Zone Five Software\SportTracks 2.0\Plugins\GDALPlugin\GDALPlugin.dll. An exception occurred during initialization.
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct& signature, IntPtr declaringType)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo.Invoke(Object[] parameters)
at ZoneFiveSoftware.SportTracks.Util.ReflectionUtils.Construct[T](Type type)
at ZoneFiveSoftware.SportTracks.Plugin.PluginManager.AddPlugins(IApplication application, Assembly assembly, String assemblyPath)

As an FYI, that error message is from ver. 1.0.0. After I installed 1.0.1, no error is generated in the log, but the GDAL plugin isn't listed in the Plugins page.

Edit: After further attempts, when I "Run as Administrator", the error is generated. When starting the program as a regular user, no error is generated.

Edit 2: I logged in as a Domain Administrator and installed SportTracks 2976, then installed the GDAL plugin with the self-extractor, 1.0.1. The error above is generated every time.

Edit 3: Installed SportTracks 2976 into a 32-bit Vista machine and used the self-extractor 1.0.1 and it worked. Maybe 64-bit Vista related?

One note, when using the self-extractor, it needs to be "Run as Administrator" or 7-zip spits out errors on each file (unless you're logged in as Admin, probably a 7-zip quirk).

Mahalo!
Inqu

Postby TomasR » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:38 am

Strange... Anyone else with Vista that has tried this plugin?

I will upload a version which catch all error and give a better idea what has caused the error. No error what so ever will be thrown to ST, instead they will be caught and displayed on the settings view for the plugin.

Please check there to see what went wrong.

New version should be up in about ten minutes after this post was created.
TomasR
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Inqu » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:06 am

I noticed something strange when using the 7-zip to auto-extract. When selecting the folder to extract it to, it was seeing the GDALPlugin folder even though the folder wasn't there.

It may be something on my end, so I'm reloading Vista now just so we know the OS is working as it should be.

It installed fine on a 32-bt Vista machine, so if it arises again after the reload, we may know more.

Thanks for the help!
Inqu

Postby TomasR » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:43 am

7-zip autoextract contains the GDALPlugin folder and will install into this subfolder.

Actually, the plugin can be installed in whatever folder and, AFAIK at any depth under SportTracks plugin folder. ST searches the whole tree of folders for plugins.

And yes, it may be a 64-bit problem.

Can you perhaps try to download and install FWTools? My plugin is based on the libraries from FWTools. If FWTools works, my plugin should work. If not, the error may be in GDALs libraries over which I have no control.

Ohh, what did I find via Google:
http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/fwt ... 01144.html
Folks,

I have released a new cut of FWTools for Win32 only.

http://home.gdal.org/fwtools/FWTools210.exe

Sounds not to good.
And neither do this page:
http://fwtools.maptools.org/windows-main.html
I will try to see if I can find 64-bit compilable GDAL libraries somewhere. I'm not sure I can find a package with support of all that the FWTools package supports but the key components of GDAL, so it may very well work with PKANs plugin, may be possible.

But pls, try it in Vista 64 and report back with any error in the settings view.
TomasR
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Inqu » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:50 am

Thanks for looking.

The install should be done in a half hour or so (Upgrade version so I have to load it twice) and I'll be able to give it a whirl.

That will be the first thing I try once drivers are done.
Inqu

Postby Inqu » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:19 am

Ok, brand spankin new OS reload and it gives the same error, so it would seem to be a 64-bit problem.

Not a big deal as I have a couple other machines to run it on where it works just fine. :D
Inqu

Postby TomasR » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:32 am

Did you try the last version which should trap all exceptions?

Any error message on the settings view which should be available even if the GDAL libraries is not set up correct.
TomasR
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Inqu » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:26 pm

I will try the newest version shortly.

Thanks!

Bandwidth exceeded on the download page. I'll keep checking throughout the day until I can get it.
Inqu

Postby TomasR » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:42 pm

Bandwith limit - so soon?

Ok, putting up a mirror of the latest version instead of the old beta

Should be up in five minutes or so.

Ed:
Mirror up now.
TomasR
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Inqu » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:55 pm

Got it.

Here's the output.

Code: Select all
Unable to set GDAL data path!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Zone Five Software\SportTracks 2.0\Plugins\GDALPlugin\Gdalbin

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'OSGeo.GDAL.GdalPINVOKE' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'SWIGExceptionHelper' threw an exception. ---> System.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
   at OSGeo.GDAL.GdalPINVOKE.SWIGExceptionHelper.SWIGRegisterExceptionCallbacks_Gdal(ExceptionDelegate applicationDelegate, ExceptionDelegate arithmeticDelegate, ExceptionDelegate divideByZeroDelegate, ExceptionDelegate indexOutOfRangeDelegate, ExceptionDelegate invalidOperationDelegate, ExceptionDelegate ioDelegate, ExceptionDelegate nullReferenceDelegate, ExceptionDelegate outOfMemoryDelegate, ExceptionDelegate overflowDelegate, ExceptionDelegate systemExceptionDelegate)
   at OSGeo.GDAL.GdalPINVOKE.SWIGExceptionHelper..cctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at OSGeo.GDAL.GdalPINVOKE.SWIGExceptionHelper..ctor()
   at OSGeo.GDAL.GdalPINVOKE..cctor()
   at OSGeo.GDAL.GdalPINVOKE.SetConfigOption(String jarg1, String jarg2)
   at OSGeo.GDAL.Gdal.SetConfigOption(String arg0, String arg1)
   at GDALPlugin.Gdal_Interface..ctor()

The folder was created and populated with the files.

The GDAL Plugin now shows in the Plugin settings. Version info on that page shows: Unable to retrieve version number. Plugin not correctly installed.
Inqu

Postby TomasR » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:02 pm

As suspected, the problem is in GDAL or the C# wrapper of GDAL. Not much I can do right now but I will poll the people behind GDAL about this error.

But still, if there is anyone else here who has Vista 64, or XP 64, perhaps a confirmation of the error could be produced.
TomasR
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Inqu » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:08 pm

Thanks Monshi. I figured as much when it worked on my 32-bit Vista machine, but I appreciate the coding effort to verify.

I'll be keeping an eye out for any updates.

Have a great day!
Inqu

Postby mazoaguirre » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:28 pm

hi i download the last version and get this error
Unable to set GDAL data path!
C:\Archivos de programa\Zone Five Software\SportTracks 2.0\Plugins\GDALPlugin\Gdalbin

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'OSGeo.GDAL.GdalPINVOKE' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'SWIGExceptionHelper' threw an exception. ---> System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'gdal_wrap': No se encontró el proceso especificado. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007F)
at OSGeo.GDAL.GdalPINVOKE.SWIGExceptionHelper.SWIGRegisterExceptionCallbacks_Gdal(ExceptionDelegate applicationDelegate, ExceptionDelegate arithmeticDelegate, ExceptionDelegate divideByZeroDelegate, ExceptionDelegate indexOutOfRangeDelegate, ExceptionDelegate invalidOperationDelegate, ExceptionDelegate ioDelegate, ExceptionDelegate nullReferenceDelegate, ExceptionDelegate outOfMemoryDelegate, ExceptionDelegate overflowDelegate, ExceptionDelegate systemExceptionDelegate)
at OSGeo.GDAL.GdalPINVOKE.SWIGExceptionHelper..cctor()
at OSGeo.GDAL.GdalPINVOKE.SWIGExceptionHelper..ctor()
at OSGeo.GDAL.GdalPINVOKE..cctor()
at OSGeo.GDAL.GdalPINVOKE.SetConfigOption(String jarg1, String jarg2)
at OSGeo.GDAL.Gdal.SetConfigOption(String arg0, String arg1)
at GDALPlugin.Gdal_Interface..ctor()

but this time i see the gdal on configuaration view on the ST and last time not ( i mean with past version)
mazoaguirre.com
mazoaguirre
Contributor!
Contributor!

Next

Return to GDAL