Garmin connect plug in

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

Garmin connect plug in

Postby runningmanfred » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:27 am

After a crash of my computer i have re-installed Sport Tracks 3.1. latest version. Unfortunaley i was not able- although downoladed from garmin- to implent the garmin connection plug in properly. Any idea?
runningmanfred

Re: Garmin connect plug in

Postby runs4cache » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:57 pm

If you have a USB based watch then look at the last posting in the Question for a solution. If not, then listing your device type would be helpful.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18090
runs4cache
-PAID-
-PAID-

Postby Rootman » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:10 am

I had taken the winter off so had no rides to import. When I tried last month I found that ST3 would no longer communicate to my Garmin Edge 200. I tried different versions but it appears that Garmin had changed the plugin or their Garmin Connect app and that was keeping ST3 from working with the Garmin Connect plugin.

For my Edge I can plug the USB device in and then do an 'Import From File' that is below the icon for the device and navigate to the mounted devices drive and dip down into the Gamin folder (perhaps one more folder too) and see the actual file that holds the recorded data and import that. It appears to work fine. It will not offer to delete the data on the deice, so if that's important to you then you can delete the files manually. They should have the file date of the events occurrence. If you device works similar to mine this will work fine.
Rootman

Postby admin » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:29 am

The Garmin Communicator plugin was discontinued six years ago by Garmin due to changing browser support and security exploit issues. You should install and use the Garmin Express software that replaced it to access your device. You can find instructions on the FAQ for import to the legacy ST3 Windows App.

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=17591

Most modern webapps such as the SportTracks online platform provide a seamless sync from your device via the Garmin Express + Garmin Connect tech.
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Questions