[ST3] Syncing and Resyncing a lot

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

[ST3] Syncing and Resyncing a lot

Postby runs4cache » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:38 am

The last few days (perhaps starting around 8/18) when closing ST3 or saving a logbook entry, it goes through a long re-sycn process with my online sportstrack.mobi; so instead of just updating the new activities, it's re-sycing several years worth and hundreds (or thousands) of workouts. Is there something going on with the mobi database so that ST3 thinks there are records to update?
runs4cache
-PAID-
-PAID-

Re: Syncing and Resyncing a lot

Postby ksherman » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:11 am

Same.....
Keith Sherman
Garmin Edge 800, Garmin Fenix3
Trek Domane 2016
Specialized Roubaix SL3 '11
Specialized Epic '15
ksherman
Donated!
Donated!

Postby afv1980 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:27 am

I noticed the same. Also my Sport Tracks often does not load data from Garmin Connect. ie no sync. I have to import data manually from a file.

Everything seems to work OK now after the new features were added. No more long syncs.
Last edited by afv1980 on Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
afv1980

Postby David192 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:11 am

Yup, as of this morning, 8/22/16, it is re-syncing my ENTIRE database. Scary to wonder what changes could be screwing up my data.
David192

Postby badmoth » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:44 pm

Mine has been doing since late last week, wonder what is happening to data, thought is was me
badmoth

Postby runs4cache » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:11 pm

For readers - when mine started to re-sycn what looked to be like the whole database, I cancelled it and made my own backup copy of the logbook just in case. So far don't notice any data integrity issues with the syncing.

For developers - my situation is this;
SportTracks 3.1.5770
Internet explorer 9.0 (about to be upgraded by corporate IT)
Windows 7
I typically Import 310xt data by manual file import into ST, then "save logbook" or just exit with save logbook on exit to sync to SportTracks.mobi (subscribed).
Data is uploaded to Garmin Connect by ANT agent (2.3.4) and then transferred to EndoMondo and Strava by Garmin Connect.

I have a small number of plugins install, they are all up to date, but the Online Sync Plug says "Additional Information not available" whereas all the other say "You have the latest version installed". I can list them if it's helpful.

I looked at the System..Log and there doesn't seem to be anything strange there; the last error was on 8/20/2016 SyncWorker ERROR operation timed out but I could likely have cancelled it not wanting to wait for a sync to finish. The previous error entry is from July so not within the range of these sync issues.

The problem seems to be benign but causes a lot of delay in opening/closing when I just want to check something.

When I sync'd after lunch run today, ST sync'd a few hundred activities when opening, but when closing only added the 2 new ones.

I've been using ST nearly daily since before 2006, and MOBI since is came out, so this is a new issue, not a new USER issue.
runs4cache
-PAID-
-PAID-

Postby mtnc » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:16 pm

I was having the same issue so I emailed support. This the answer I received:

For the last few days when I open the program, cloud sync takes almost 5 minutes loading my most recent ride or run. I rarely go more than a day or 2 without opening the program so there really shouldn't be that much to sync. If I look at cloud sync on the settings page it shows that it is updating many activities, some as far back as December 2015. Today it synced 68 activies, and did something similar last night. I always save when exiting, so I can't understand what changed to make it do this. Can you help me figure this out?

Team SportTracks via uservoice.com
Aug 21 (2 days ago)

to me
Hey Mike,

Yep, we're adding some new features in the next week or so which cause this. No need for concern - it's nothing you did.

Cheers,

-Team SportTracks-
mtnc

Postby runs4cache » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:40 am

Ok thanks then, hopefully they are done soon!
runs4cache
-PAID-
-PAID-

Postby mtnc » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:30 am

I tried to look at my run from yesterday around midnight last night (run autosyncs via Garmin Connect) and the program synced over 1000 activities. It still wasn't complete at 12:30 when I gave up. I hope this ends soon too.
mtnc

Postby admin » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:04 pm

ST3 users with CloudSync enabled may see increased sync activity due to recent maintenance updates. Sync activity is fully automatic and there isn't any action you need to take. The updates should be completed in the next week or so. Look for a related feature announcement this month.
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [ST3] Syncing and Resyncing a lot

Postby ksherman » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:14 pm

Early Xmas 8)
Keith Sherman
Garmin Edge 800, Garmin Fenix3
Trek Domane 2016
Specialized Roubaix SL3 '11
Specialized Epic '15