Error message when importing data from Garmin FR 620

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

Error message when importing data from Garmin FR 620

Postby Astrum » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:01 am

Hello,

I've started using SportTracks again after a 6-month hiatus. I upgraded the software to the latest version today, and tried to import data from my Garmin FR 620. No matter how I go about doing this (using the Garmin plugin or selecting the data file directly from the folder), SportTracks gives me an error message ("Method not found (...)" see the attached screenshot).

Does anyone know how to fix this? Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks! :)
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (126.83 KiB) Viewed 3524 times
Astrum

Re: Error message when importing data from Garmin FR 620

Postby old_man_biking » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:37 am

Did you try to search the forum with the buzzwords in the message?
If I remember right, "your" question has already been asked and answered at least once.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Astrum » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:15 am

old_man_biking wrote:Did you try to search the forum with the buzzwords in the message?
If I remember right, "your" question has already been asked and answered at least once.

Cheers,
OMB
You are entirely right, sorry about that! The solution I've found suggests uninstalling and reinstalling. Is there a way of doing this without having to redownload, reinstall and reactivate all of my plug-ins?

I've already tried to reinstall on top of the old version (without uninstalling first), with no luck.
Astrum

Postby texmurphy » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:59 pm

Uninstall, re-download, and install of ST3 application will not change your plugin installations. It will also leave intact your logbook and preferences.
In general, I always do a Windows uninstall before upgrading ST3. Sometimes installing over the prior version leaves some ambiguous junk behind.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Astrum » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:05 am

Thanks, texmurphy! However, I've now uninstalled and reinstalled ST3, and I am still getting the same error message when attempting to import any data. Any other suggestions?
Astrum

Return to Questions