Equipment Use Tracking

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

Equipment Use Tracking

Postby semperfi » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:16 am

I recently got a pair of Bluetooth earphones and thought I would track their usage to see how many miles I ran with them. Got them setup ok and even have them set to track certain types of runs on import (maybe that is my problem). Now when I import and identify say a trail run it records usage on both the shoes and earphones. OK unless I do not use them that day. So under Daily Activity Equipment I select the down arrow on the right and uncheck my headphones. To my logic that should remove the mileage for that day from the headphones. But what I find is it does not remove that mileage from the headphones so I have inaccurate data.
Is there something I am missing?
Is there a way to edit the Total Use field now that it is wrong?
Is there a screen I am missing that I could see the activity on that piece of equipment?

So much I like about this program and am continuously recommending this to fellow runners.
semperfi

Re: Equipment Use Tracking

Postby texmurphy » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:21 pm

On the bottom right of the Equipment Item by default is Photo. However you can change this (blue triangle) to History. Then you can see a chart of each activity it was selected for.
Unchecking an Equipment Item in Daily Activity should remove it from use for that activity.
Last edited by texmurphy on Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Equipment Use Tracking

Postby tndmbkr » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:02 am

semperfi wrote:.....To my logic that should remove the mileage for that day from the headphones. But what I find is it does not remove that mileage from the headphones so I have inaccurate data. ....

I cannot reproduce your problem
When I untick an equipment item in the daily activity view, the total use is corrected immediately.
When I switch to the equipment view I can see the corrected total use.
When I switch to the daily activity view again, and tick the equipment item agian, the original use is shown again.

Maybe you have got two entries for the same equipment item.
Such a thing happens. Sometimes.
For instance, when you copy data from one logbook to another.

Maybe you have imported the same activity twice ???
tndmbkr

Return to Questions