Saving Plug In Configuration Information

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

Saving Plug In Configuration Information

Postby oeagleo » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:47 pm

I have just returned to using a MAC after using Windows for a few years. I have ST3 running fine under the MAC, using a Win7 emulator named Parallels. Works fine, everything is as it should be. However, I am considering upgrading the hard drive on the MAC, and as such, will have to reinstall the programs that are on it. That, with the MAC isn't such an undaunting task, rather easily done, however, I don't know if the WIndows programs will come across as they should. I have just gone throught the nightmare of having to reconfigure everything in ST3, including re-authorizing those plugins that I have paid for, getting the registration info, etc, etc, etc. I am wondering, if/how can I save this information to have ST3 re-import/recognize it if I have to reinstall Parallels, and ST3 from scratch again. I cannot find a ST3.cfg file anywhere, don't even know if one exists, so any help from users/tech support/plug in writers, etc would be very much appreciated.
oeagleo

Re: Saving Plug In Configuration Information

Postby admin » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:08 pm

You might starting with the post on the subject located in the FAQ:

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=4290
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby oeagleo » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:19 pm

If there had been a plugins folder, i would not have asked the question. That article is dated 2009, version 2.0, and from what I see, the directory structure is very different from what is discussed in that article. However, i may have solved the problem by copying the entire windoze partition file to a safe place, and Time Machine will pick it up. If necessary, for anyone elses benefit, I can post the procedure, but not on my phone. :-)
oeagleo

Postby philipshambrook » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:23 pm

I include my Parallels virtual machine in my Time Machine backup up as a matter of course. If there are any problems I've always been able to recover my Windows VM, restart parallels and carry on as before.
o__ o__
.>/-.>/
( )\---\( )
philipshambrook
Donated!
Donated!

Postby oeagleo » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:36 pm

philipshambrook wrote:I include my Parallels virtual machine in my Time Machine backup up as a matter of course. If there are any problems I've always been able to recover my Windows VM, restart parallels and carry on as before.

Is that a setting, or is that done automagically in Time Machine?
oeagleo

Postby gerhard » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:01 am

oeagleo wrote:If there had been a plugins folder, i would not have asked the question. That article is dated 2009, version 2.0, and from what I see, the directory structure is very different from what is discussed in that article.

The FAQ is still valid, it uses variables to explain the paths as standard paths differ for languages and Windows versions.
The SportTracks version number is included in some paths too.
gerhard
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby admin » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:59 am

i may have solved the problem by copying the entire windoze partition

Whats a windoze - is that like Adibas?
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin