SportsTrack doesn't work properly since this week end

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

SportsTrack doesn't work properly since this week end

Postby scanlan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:47 am

Hi,

My Sportstrack doesn't work properly since yesterday.

I run it under Windows 10 Professionnal.

The symptoms are the following :

When I launch the programm, it stays as a process during 30 minutes or 1 hour approx, and then finally launches.
When I go to the Plugin pages, I can't see if there are updates avalaible
When I try to upload a new activity, it takes a loooong time and never succeeds.

I think it might be caused by a plugin problem, but there's no way for me to make any analyse.

Can you help me please ?
scanlan

Re: SportsTrack doesn't work properly since this week end

Postby admin » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:05 am

You can diagnose a problem with plugins by going to Settings > Plugins and disabling everything except the system ones, then restart and see if your problem is solved.

This:

When I go to the Plugin pages, I can't see if there are updates avalaible

Sounds like you have internet connection problems?
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby scanlan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:22 am

Hi, thanks for your answer.

Internet works fine, and as long as I wait approx 30 min, I manage to run the application, and use it properly (as long as I don't use Garmin plugin, but direct activity download from my device).

I had a strange SportsTrack error twice, I'll log it to show it here.
I've got many Visual C# Command Line Compiler processes running too, it seems something is not OK.

Strangely I changed nothing on my computer except Java version yersterday. Can the Java version affect this software's behaviour ?

Thnaks again for your help
scanlan

Postby scanlan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:54 am

Is it possible to de-activate the plugins without Uninstalling them ?
scanlan

Postby scanlan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:17 pm

Hi again.

I Unchecked all the Plugins except Sportstrack Meteo server (or something like that), that I Uninstalled.

Here's the result :

scanlan

Postby scanlan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:09 pm

Another one
scanlan

Postby badmoth » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:18 pm

I have the same problem with mine, I have even tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it is still not working. does not even start at all
badmoth

Postby scanlan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:16 pm

badmoth wrote:I have the same problem with mine, I have even tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it is still not working. does not even start at all

I've got to admit I'm happy not to be alone on this one !
scanlan

Postby admin » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:57 pm

scanlan wrote:
badmoth wrote:I have the same problem with mine, I have even tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it is still not working. does not even start at all

I've got to admit I'm happy not to be alone on this one !

Definitely start with deactivating all your plugins and relaunching the app.

The second thing you'll want to diagnose is exactly what changed on your PC this weekend. An automatic update must have been installed, possibly a security app or windows update.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby scanlan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:17 pm

Here's the list of my plugins. Can anyone tell me how to disable them without uninstalling ?

I've also got 14 dead processes "Visual C# Command Line Compiler" which are still running despite I've quit Sportstrack properly
scanlan

Postby norytex » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:27 pm

Same here! Maybe it's related to a Windows 10 Update? :?
norytex

Postby texmurphy » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:13 pm

When was your last full Shutdown/PowerOff? If it has been a while then do that first, power fully off and then restart Windows and see if you are having a problem still.
One of the error messages pointed at a possible .Net problem. Did Win10 recently update .NET? Could be an issue.
When was your last system Backup to external media? Might be a timely thing to do.

ST3 Install Plugins can be found in (Win7) C:\ProgramData\ZoneFiveSoftware\SportTracks\3\Plugins\Installed
Some of these directories are for ST core plugins. One approach is to close all instances of ST. A full Windows shutdown should do this.
Then restart Windows and uninstall from Control Panel the ST application. Rename the C:\ProgramData\ZoneFiveSoftware\SportTracks\3\Plugins\Installed to C:\ProgramData\ZoneFiveSoftware\SportTracks\3\Plugins\Saved.
Download a new copy of ST from ZoneFive and install it.
This should not have affected your Logbooks or Preferences.
Start ST and you should not see any of the non-ST Core Plugins.

Verify that ST is working properly. If not than you have some other system problem.

If everything is good, then download and install fresh versions of your plugins. Do this one at a time, verifying that each one is working.
(Or you can be daring and restore from the C:\ProgramData\ZoneFiveSoftware\SportTracks\3\Plugins\Saved directory you created above.)
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby scanlan » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:49 am

Thanks, I'll try it (full uninstall + plugins directory move + full install) tonight.
I hope I will not loose my configuration .

I tried a few times to Stop fully my computer.

I didn't notice any major Updates, but Windows 10 does a lot of blind updates theses days... So maybe I missed one.
scanlan

Postby texmurphy » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:17 am

A major change with Windows 10 is to force all Win10 systems to always be updated to the most recent. If MS pushes a problematic update, you will have no choice but to receive it.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby admin » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:05 am

There was also a recent problem caused by a bug in AVG antivirus. So it can be hard to know what changed on a PC system.

These things happen with installed software that you have to maintain. Please share any solutions you find so other users can benefit. Good luck.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bruno Bike » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:55 pm

I have Windows 10 home, and I had exactly the very same symptoms since few days, and same error messages.
I think I found the problem . Reading a previous post from admin I tried to deactivate AVG , and by magic ST came back working normally , meaning I could upload new activity as normal. Now the problem is to understand how to have ST and AVG working at the same time but at least we understand the root cause.
Bruno Bike

Postby scanlan » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:01 pm

Hi,

I removed everything that was installed between 21/08 and 24/08

This was useless.

The Guilty App is AVG !

When i fully disable AVG before launching Sportstrack, everything is OK.
When I disable it after having launched Sportstrack, it's too late, it doesn't work anymore.

Then disable it, nothing happens, then kill all Visual C# Command Line Compiler processes running, and it will work fine

Maybe you can try with AVG if you want to test it on your side

So this one is solved, I've now got to reinstall Catalyst Control Center, Java, and every other thing I uninstalled :lol:
scanlan

Postby badmoth » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:20 pm

Happy you managed to get your instalation working again. Not going to mess around myself, just notice my mobi licence expires next moth so unless all starts working before will not renew as other apps I have are working fine.
badmoth

Postby admin » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:41 pm

badmoth wrote:Happy you managed to get your instalation working again. Not going to mess around myself, just notice my mobi licence expires next moth so unless all starts working before will not renew as other apps I have are working fine.

I'm not sure how this is related to the issue posted here.

To be perfectly clear so we don't confuse others that may find this looking for a solution: This problem was caused by an AVG update about 2-3 weeks ago. It is solved by disabling AVG, and has nothing to do with the online SportTracks.mobi app.

Hopefully AVG will have a fix up soon - I know other Windows apps are also reporting problems, fixed by disabling AVG. Seems like they shipped a buggy update.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Questions