Data Smoothing Settings Don't Hold

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

Data Smoothing Settings Don't Hold

Postby cleavel » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:38 pm

Hi,

I've searched the forum and can't find anyone else with this problem. I can't get the Data Smoothing settings to hold. Every time I get into SportTracks and I go to Settings -> Analysis, the checkboxes for all Data Smoothing settings are unchecked. I can check all of them, set the sliders to what I want and then go back to my workout and the workout data adjusts. I save the logbook and go back to Data Smoothing and everything looks good. However, after I shut down SportTracks and restart it, I can look at the workout and all previous workouts and the Data Smoothing checkboxes are all unchecked again.

I first noticed this behavior in January. I check all of the sub forums and haven't found anyone else with this problem. I was hoping that an update would fix the problem, but the latest update did not. I have been using SportTracks since 2006 and have not encountered this problem before. My logbook is about 162 MB and I have compressed most of the prior years.

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong? Is this a bug?
Thanks.

Cleave
cleavel
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Data Smoothing Settings Don't Hold

Postby texmurphy » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:00 am

Smoothing are kept in the file C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\ZoneFiveSoftware\SportTracks\3\Preferences.System
It may be that this file or its directory has had permissions changed so it is not being updated.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby cleavel » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:14 am

texmurphy, thanks for the reply. I checked the preferences files and interestingly, I did not see a section for Data Smoothing. Any thoughts on why that section would be missing? Also, do you have a code sample to add it manually? TIA.
Thanks.

Cleave
cleavel
Donated!
Donated!

Postby texmurphy » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:27 pm

St3 will rebuild the Preferences.System if the existing one is renamed or moved. Try this first, you will loose your settings.

Section is called AnalysisSettings and should be easily visible with an editor like foxe

<AnalysisSettings includeStopped="true" includePaused="true" heartRatePercentType="PercentOfMax" cadenceCutoff="20" powerCutoff="25" speedSmoothing="5" elevationSmoothing="1" heartRateSmoothing="0" cadenceSmoothing="0" powerSmoothing="0" />
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Thrash55 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:05 am

I'm having the same issue, I went into the data file and it looked like the settings were correct. Went back into the ST3 closed the program and restarted. They were gone again. Are there conflicting settings with one of the other plugins?
Thrash55

Postby old_man_biking » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:23 am

Do you use Training Analysis plugin?
And have you configured category-specific smoothing settings (Select View: Categories: Training Analysis: Activity Category Extensions)?
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Thrash55 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:09 pm

Yes I do, I added smoothing to all the catagories. But when I tried to add a template I recieved an error.. ?
Thrash55

Return to Questions