by old_man_biking

Downloads: 1,406 (11) • Reviews: 8

Version:

Updated:

Mar 10, 2016

Pool Swimming Plugin now showing intervals in meters

Pool Swimming Plugin now showing intervals in meters

Postby michael_runs » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:40 am

I have the 910xt. I had the pool set to 25yds. Garmin Connect shows the correct information. The Pool Swimming Plugin in SportTracks is now reporting my intervals in meters. Help!
michael_runs

Re: Pool Swimming Plugin now showing intervals in meters

Postby old_man_biking » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:05 am

When you use Garmin FIT Devices plugin to import the swim sessions, the pool length + unit should be detected correct.
When you use ST's native importier for .FIT files or the Swimsense Import Plugin, the pool length isn't imported.

Anyway, there's an Edit:Pool Swimming:Change Pool Length action that you can use to "change" the pool length from 22.86m to 25yd.
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby michael_runs » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:21 am

Thanks. I've always imported using the ST native FIT file importer. Never had a problem before the recent Pool Swimming Plugin update. The update actually changed all of my existing workouts to meters instead of what was already there (25 yards). I was able to mass change them all back to 25 yards. Just thought you should know that this is new behavior as of the most recent Pool Swimming Plugin update.
michael_runs

Postby old_man_biking » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:40 am

Thanks a lot for reporting that.

Hhm, this new behavioural change was not intended - so it seems to be a "non-intended extended feature" :lol:

I think I've already fixed that NIEF for the next version that'll be released soon.
That version should once again use a unit according to your distance unit setting in Settings:Display as either meter (for metric settings) or yard (for imperial distance units).
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby oliverbird » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:49 am

Any chance of making it use the distance metric for the Rowing category, as this is separately settable from the Global default. I use Miles as my general default distance but want rowing in Metres. It is set to Metres in the rowing category and I would just want it to copy what the activity units are in ST.

Cheers.
Ol
oliverbird

Postby old_man_biking » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:04 am

The plugin uses the unit from the pool length.
If no pool length is set, the plugin falls back to the general setting for distance units in Settings:Display.
You can change the pool length including unit via Edit:Pool length:Change pool length.
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Pool Swimming