Training Load

por mechgt

Descargas: 12,931 (43) • Reviews: 16

Versión:

Actualizado:

Feb 7, 2014

Adding A TSS Score For Swim Training Session?

Adding A TSS Score For Swim Training Session?

Notapor Spudski » Jue Feb 02, 2012 5:07 am

Hi Guys
Is this possible and if so how? I have a swimovate watch so i can genuinely count my laps, my efficiency etc etc, with an overal workout total. I have been manually inputting this data into my daily activity but i was wondering how and if so people turn that into a score? When i view my training load it almost looks like i have skipped a session. Of course i realise that it is a guess but i would rather have some data than nothing at all.

Advise Please?

Cheers
Spudski

Re: Adding A TSS Score For Swim Training Session?

Notapor phomer » Mié Feb 08, 2012 5:04 am

+1

I need to be able to do this too. Training for a triathlon and need all 3 sports taken into account.
phomer

Notapor rooney » Mié Feb 08, 2012 3:48 pm

Can you upload some screen captures to see graphs shown ?
rooney

Notapor mechgt » Mié Feb 08, 2012 4:19 pm

To simply get the values into Training Load, you can type the following anywhere in the notes field:
Código: Seleccionar todo
TSS=nnnn

or
Código: Seleccionar todo
TRIMP=nnnn

where 'nnnn' is some number. This is a manual method, meaning that you'll be guesstimating your TRIMP or TSS score. Another method you could use would be to enter your Avg HR. and total activity time. Training Load will then calculate your TRIMP based on that. Again, that's a rough way to do it as it wouldn't take into account any intensity spikes, and from what I understand it's really difficult/impractical to get HR during a swimming activity anyway.

I'm currently not aware of a >good< algorithm to calculate swimming scores.
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Notapor racerfern » Jue Feb 09, 2012 12:43 am

http://home.trainingpeaks.com/articles/ ... score.aspx

Obviously the stress accumulated in one type of exercise has some effect on another type of exercise, however it doesn't have much overlap. Otherwise after a hard swim the last thing you would be able to do is get on a bike and go fast AND then start running and go fast. My take on all this is that they're entirely different physiological systems and you really need to track three different CTL levels. Of course there's overlap but not nearly as much as we tend to think there is. The trick will be to manually adjust TSS for cycling because of your concerted swimming efforts.
Fernando
racerfern
Donated!
Donated!

Notapor Spudski » Jue Feb 09, 2012 2:46 pm

Hi Mechgt, thats exactly what i've been trying to figure out, all my swim training will now show up as a tss score and so will be calculated in my overal ctl. i have a minimum of two swim per week that have been unaccounted for, i appreciate that its going to take a little time to figure out an accurate score but at least its showing as something rather than nothing.

Cheers
Spudski

Notapor the5krunner » Vie Feb 10, 2012 1:39 pm

racerfern escribió:http://home.trainingpeaks.com/articles/triathlon/calculating-swimming-tss-score.aspx

Obviously the stress accumulated in one type of exercise has some effect on another type of exercise, however it doesn't have much overlap. Otherwise after a hard swim the last thing you would be able to do is get on a bike and go fast AND then start running and go fast. My take on all this is that they're entirely different physiological systems and you really need to track three different CTL levels. Of course there's overlap but not nearly as much as we tend to think there is. The trick will be to manually adjust TSS for cycling because of your concerted swimming efforts.

not read the articles but will do, ty

it must (and i think does) overlap QUITE a bit...try duathlon...5k at the end is much harder than at the end of a Tri!! i appreciate swimming is a bit diffnt as you won't be using your legs that much on the swim but you are still getting the same oxygen from the same lungs and blood for all 3 disciplines.

you can track the 3 ctl levels (I think) in TL, just choose the 'master' exercise type at the top of the chart. however when you are training for 3 disciplines you might only have 2x sessions of each training discipline a week. so from my cursory look at the individual disciplines you don't then get that much MEANINGFUL data to analyse with the charts. maybe if you were doing 2x sessions a day like the pros then you might. could be wrong...just my twopennethworth.
the5krunner

Volver a Training Load