Schedule future events

Request an enhancement or discuss future enhancements.

Schedule future events

Postby Burnt Toast » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:01 pm

I think having the ability to schedule upcominig events and having them appear on the calender in a different color would be a nice feature for ST. Any thoughts?
Burnt Toast
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Schedule future events

Postby ksherman » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:49 pm

+1
Or even a event/race module to record event date/entries close etcetc
Keith Sherman
Garmin Edge 800
Specialized Roubaix SL3 '11
Giant Anthem '10
ksherman
Donated!
Donated!

Postby hobu » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:25 am

In my relatively short time of experience with ST it is a great program to track my efforts and personally I do not see any benefit to add an event manager by default to it. Through an optional plugin could be nice for this maybe :wink:
20+ years old Motobecane racing bike on a Tacx Fortius MP
Racing bike Trek 1.2 model 2012

DELL Optiplex GX270 2.8 Ghz.
Windows 7 Ult. x86, 2 GB. mem, ATI HD3450
200 GB HD
Tacx Fortius MP
hobu

Postby texmurphy » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:46 pm

What about the Reach Your Goal plugin and Fit Plan plugin for use in the scheduling?
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Burnt Toast » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:50 pm

texmurphy wrote:What about the Reach Your Goal plugin and Fit Plan plugin for use in the scheduling?

I actually use both of those plugins. I just thought it would be a nice feature to have something in the core ST or somehow have ST list events on its calender in a different color on the day the event is scheduled so you could easily see how far out you are from the event at a glance.
Burnt Toast
Donated!
Donated!

Postby benbun » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:59 pm

I have thought about adding a feature like this to ACalendar ( aka YearView ) but can't decide how I would visually indicate this on the "Year" calendar. Any suggestions welcome..
benbun
Donated!
Donated!

Postby staffann » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:44 pm

I agree with the burnt toast that it would be great to have core ST have the ability to store a planned workout. Then different plugins could cooperate using a common way of storing planned workouts instead of every plugin working separately.

And yes, I think that it would be very nice to be able to show this in the ACalender views, both year view and the monthly view.
On the ST2Funbeat development team. Author of the Svettig (jogg.se) and Compare Planned plugins.
staffann
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Burnt Toast » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:00 pm

staffann wrote:I agree with the burnt toast that it would be great to have core ST have the ability to store a planned workout. Then different plugins could cooperate using a common way of storing planned workouts instead of every plugin working separately.

And yes, I think that it would be very nice to be able to show this in the ACalender views, both year view and the monthly view.

To be clear. I'm suggesting an event scheduler, not a future workout planner.

For instance, I was thinking about doing a Half Marathon in early May and I thought it would be nice to be able to add the HM and have it show (maybe in red) on the ST calender on the left side of the window. I could then easily see how far out I was from the actual race. If I scheduled a 10k as a warmup, I could also add this event to the calender in a different color, like having an "A" race color with seperate colors for "B" and "C" races.

I'm not really looking for anything fancy to take away from plugins, just something basic for a visual clue that something in the future is scheduled.
Burnt Toast
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Stumpjumper68 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:45 am

benbun wrote:I have thought about adding a feature like this to ACalendar ( aka YearView ) but can't decide how I would visually indicate this on the "Year" calendar. Any suggestions welcome..

Add a dotted bar after the usual bar for future planned activities.
Stumpjumper68
Donated!
Donated!

Postby benbun » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:37 am

OK - I've started to enhance my plugin. Details are here viewtopic.php?f=40&t=11718&p=65543#p65543
benbun
Donated!
Donated!

Postby benbun » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:15 am

Screenshots from updated plugin (still in development) are now available here : viewtopic.php?f=40&t=11724
benbun
Donated!
Donated!

Postby benbun » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:44 pm

A beta version of the plugin is now available for testing - details here viewtopic.php?f=40&t=11724&p=65642#p65642
benbun
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Enhancements