Downloads: 29,321 (5) • Reviews: 1

Version:

Updated:

Oct 23, 2010

limited buffer

limited buffer

Postby papy69100 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:07 am

Hello,
I had a little problem with limited buffer with version3.04252 of ST3, I should not exceed 2 GIGA if I hada mistake and I lost everything I was doing ..
I work around the problem by monitoring the task manager does not exceed 2 GIGA buffer and to reset, changed e card and it came down to 0.9GIGA.
Now with the new version of the ST3 3.14320 that has great new feature THANKS ADMIN. I can notreset the memory with my old manip.

error:
*****************************************************************************************
System.ArgumentException: Le paramètre n'est pas valide.
à System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Int32 width, Int32 height, PixelFormat format)
à System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Int32 width, Int32 height)
à ApplyRoutesPlugin.MapProviders.GMapImageCache.DoComplete(cache_entry ce)
à ApplyRoutesPlugin.MapProviders.GMapImageCache.ProcessQueue()
à ApplyRoutesPlugin.MapProviders.GMapImageCache.<ImageRenderer>b__4(Object sender, EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assemblys chargés **************
mscorlib
Version de l'assembly : 2.0.0.0
Version Win32 : 2.0.50727.3623 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SportTracks
Version de l'assembly : 3.1.4320.27543
Version Win32 : 3.1.4320.27543
CodeBase : file:///C:/Program%20Files/Zone%20Five%20Software/SportTracks%203/SportTracks.exe
----------------------------------------
Common.Visuals
Version de l'assembly : 3.1.4320.27445
Version Win32 : 3.1.4320.27445
CodeBase : file:///C:/Program%20Files/Zone%20Five%20Software/SportTracks%203/Common.Visuals.DLL

*********************************************************************************
in French:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11600&p=64997#p64997

st3.jpg
st3.jpg (247.82 KiB) Viewed 1711 times

Do you have a remedy?
I'll try to send it to ADMIN but my English is limitedGoogle translation ...

Sporting
Papy69100
Last edited by papy69100 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
La retraite n’est pas une fin, mais bien le début d’une nouvelle vie !
Avec le sport, une façon de vieillir ! BIEN DANS SA PEAU
http://club.doctissimo.fr/papy69100/
papy69100
Donated!
Donated!

Re: limited buffer

Postby admin » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:48 am

papy69100 wrote:Do you have a remedy?

Have you tried disabling: ApplyRoutesPlugin?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby papy69100 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:53 am

No, but I will try THANKS
papy69100
Donated!
Donated!

Postby papy69100 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:57 am

OK tested without ApplyRoutePlugin more memory problem, THANK YOU :wink:

:roll: Too bad for AplyRoutePlugin selection was more precise and this plugin is useful for other plugins

cordially
Papy69100
papy69100
Donated!
Donated!

Postby gerhard » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:37 am

Some maps may require a lot of memory. With 3.0, this occurred easily also with Google maps in ST. With ST3.1, the memory increases over time but I have not got it using over 2GB.
In addition of using ST3.1, also upgrade IE to the latest version, both speed and memory improvements.

To provoke the problem, zoom and pan the map quickly. I use Trails plugin: Use a long activity with many trail points. Zoom in to close location, then switch between trailpoints up and down the list with arrow up and down.
I cannot get more than 1.5GB with wither ST Google maps or AR with ST3.1

The maps provided by ApplyRoutes plugin runs in an embedded browser, communicating with markw65's webserver. The ST3 Google maps uses a similar implementation, except that an external webbrowser is not used (?).
This is a reason why these map providers use more memory, much of the handling is in IE and .NET. I would expect that ST core is less a factor here.

The initial reason for the AR mapprovider was that ST2 Google maps were occasionally blocked by Google. Some other mapproviders were added over time. ST built in Google Street/Sattelite works as they should in ST3, Google Terrain and some of the OpenStreetMaps is now available as more native plugins. Bing maps, Google Terrain is to my knowledge not available in other plugins. (There are also the Mars/Moon maps, not useful.... I am not sure if Geoportail map works after Geoportail changes.) AR also have some nice features with Google Earth (Racing in #D) with StreetView.

While I am sure that AR memory usage can be improved, as well as using direct access to maps (without the webserver), there is not motivation to do so for a 3rd party developer: The effort to do so will be quite high and it is not possible to get any income from the plugin. Quite a number of hours will be needed just to improve the functionality slightly. I expect Google Hybrid and Bing maps to come from ZoneFiveSoftware, as this is something that increases value for ST, not something users pay for and no external plugin dev find it fun enough.

Other map provider plugins may not use an embedded webbrowser (for instance hitta.se for Sweden). They both cache maptiles between sessions and use less memory.

So a summary to avoid out-of-memory:
* Upgrade to latest ST version
* Upgrade IE to latest version
* Use non- webbrowser map or avoid heavy pan-zoom when editing

There is no need to disable the AR plugin.
gerhard
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby texmurphy » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:15 am

gerhard wrote:The maps provided by ApplyRoutes plugin runs in an embedded browser, communicating with markw65's webserver.

The proposed change by Google to charge for Google Maps may also cause markw65's servers to stop working for AR mapping.
Wired/webmonkey wrote:http://www.webmonkey.com/2011/10/google ... evelopers/
Google Plans to Charge Maps Developers

By Scott Gilbertson

Bad news, map hackers; the Google Maps free ride may be coming to and end. The Google Geo Developers blog recently detailed some changes to Google Maps API, including new rate limits and fees. Starting next year Google Maps will charge $4 per 1,000 map loads on sites where traffic exceeds 25,000 map loads per day.

The good news is that very small sites will remain unaffected since the Google Maps API will still be free for the first 25,000 views per day (those using the Google Maps styling features will be limited to 2,500 views a day).

The bad news is that once your app or website exceeds those limits you’ll be forking out $4 for every 1,000 people that hit your site (or view a map in your mobile app). Alternately, developers can cough up $10,000+ for a Google Maps API Premier licence, which, in addition to the unlimited access offers more advanced geocoding tools, tech support, and control over any advertising shown.

Google says the new fees are intended to make sure Google Maps remains free for small developers. “By introducing these limits we are ensuring that Google can continue to offer the Maps API for free to the vast majority of developers for many years to come,” writes Google Maps API manager Thor Mitchell.

The new rates will kick in next year and are unlikely to impact small sites, which will never exceed the limits, or large sites which can afford the Premier license. The real impact is in the middle — experimental sites that do something creative with Google Maps and end up going viral. No one wants a one-off experiment to end up costing a fortune.

Fortunately, according to the FAQ, sites that exceed the limits without setting up a payment system or buying a Premier license won’t immediately be shut down. “Your maps will continue to function,” says the Google FAQ, however, “a warning may be shown on your map and a Maps API Premier sales manager may contact you to discuss your licensing options.”

In other words, Google appears to be interested mainly in collecting fees from sites with consistently heavy traffic rather than experiments that see a one-time traffic spike. It doesn’t protect against every potentially expensive use case, but it should make map mashup fans breathe a little easier.

Developers worried about the potential costs of the Google Maps API can always use OpenStreetMap, which is free and, in many parts of the world, much more detailed than Google Maps. Of course, OpenStreetMap lacks some Google Maps features, most notably an equivalent to Street View.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby gerhard » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:13 pm

texmurphy wrote:The proposed change by Google to charge for Google Maps may also cause markw65's servers to stop working for AR mapping.

A little out of topic, but I continue. Sure that could affect AR usage. I am not sure what the usage is right now, if use exceeds 25K map loads a day. However, I would expect AR Google maps to not be used for Street/Satellite/Terrain, as ST standard plugin is faster. This would affect Hybrid/Earth/StreetView though. If Google starts, Bing could follow.
In addition, Google likely check use per API key rather than website. In that case, the "standard" Google maps in ST is likely to be affected. Speculating further, I would expect the free version to not have access to Google maps in that case. In that case AR maps may be used more and exceed the limit too...
gerhard
Contributor!
Contributor!

Return to Apply Routes