Version:

Updated:

Apr 11, 2011

Calculated Fields plugin: Gathering features requests

Re: Calculated Fields plugin: Gathering features requests

Postby HENNES » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:05 am

:lol: I went to an (offical) 5km run on saturday: FR 305 recorded it as 4,98
- now CF does not recognice this time for the best 5km time :lol:

Can I change that with "calculator" to 5km and CF does take it as 5km?

Or shall I search for anything > 4,9km and look for PACE/Km and times it by 5 in CF 8)
rgds hennes
- kickbiking with FR 305 and STs 3

runner´s map ... EURE Karte für Laufveranstaltungen - zum MITMACHEN!!!
http://www.runnersmap.info
...mehr als DREI TAUSEND Laufveranstaltungen!
HENNES
Donated!
Donated!

Postby HENNES » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:53 am

HENNES wrote:Can I change that with "calculator" to 5km and CF does take it as 5km?

In case someone is interested: this das not work!

BUT it is possible to manually edit the CF-field in daily activity and solves my problem :D
rgds hennes
- kickbiking with FR 305 and STs 3

runner´s map ... EURE Karte für Laufveranstaltungen - zum MITMACHEN!!!
http://www.runnersmap.info
...mehr als DREI TAUSEND Laufveranstaltungen!
HENNES
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Integrazion with "Backup" plugin by OMB

Postby rikicarra » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:25 pm

rikicarra wrote:Peter,
your plugin is fantastic, I like it a lot.

One thing I would suggest you to consider is the integration with the Backup plugin by OMB. I have two installations of ST3, one at home and one on my house on the mountains. I do activities in both places, so it's very convenient for me to backup everything at home before moving from home to the mountain house, there I restore and have (almost) everything. Before moving from the house on the mountain to home I do the same.

I tried today for the first time and I found out that all the setting of your plugin were not part of the backup, no expressions after restore.

Maybe there is a way to setup the Backup plugin to cover also the setting of your plugin?

Thank you for the great work!

I don't know how Backplugin could be set.

But settings of plugin are saved here (on windows 7 for example for me):
C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\CalculatedFieldsPlugin\preferences.xml

Simply in appdata folder of windows. So you can simply copy this file into same directory on another computer.

Peter
Peter, I have contacted Backup Plugin designers, they suggest to store plugin settings in the common SportTracks file: System.Preferences.xml
I have checked my System.Preferences.xml, it contains the settings for almost all my plugins.
See also this post viewtopic.php?p=52924#52924

Thank you

Hi,
yes I'm aware of this design decision. But to be honest. I don't want to do it right now. Format of settings file is still changing. Who knows probably it will come some time, when I will need to do some major change, when it will be nice to have that file outside of preferences file of ST.

Or users will need to throw it out, and some explicit conversion will be needed.

So for now it's more flexible and less dangerous to have it in own file.
Of course when plugin will be stabilized more, I have this change in my mind.

That's my reason.

Peter
Peter,
I fully support your rationale, while the plugin is in development it's OK, please consider that feature when the plugin will be released as ver. 1.

Thank you

Peter,
I am resurrecting this post as today I have experienced again the annoying situation of moving all my ST3 data from one computer to another and forgetting to copy the preferences.xml file related to your plugin :-(
Lat night I have been working couple of hours on certain formulas, and now I don't have them on this computer, and the other one is far away from here.

Do you still plan to integrate the information stored in the preferences.xml into the System.Preferences.xml file?

Thank you
rikicarra

Postby rikicarra » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:40 pm

rikicarra wrote:
rikicarra wrote:Peter,
your plugin is fantastic, I like it a lot.

One thing I would suggest you to consider is the integration with the Backup plugin by OMB. I have two installations of ST3, one at home and one on my house on the mountains. I do activities in both places, so it's very convenient for me to backup everything at home before moving from home to the mountain house, there I restore and have (almost) everything. Before moving from the house on the mountain to home I do the same.

I tried today for the first time and I found out that all the setting of your plugin were not part of the backup, no expressions after restore.

Maybe there is a way to setup the Backup plugin to cover also the setting of your plugin?

Thank you for the great work!

I don't know how Backplugin could be set.

But settings of plugin are saved here (on windows 7 for example for me):
C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\CalculatedFieldsPlugin\preferences.xml

Simply in appdata folder of windows. So you can simply copy this file into same directory on another computer.

Peter
Peter, I have contacted Backup Plugin designers, they suggest to store plugin settings in the common SportTracks file: System.Preferences.xml
I have checked my System.Preferences.xml, it contains the settings for almost all my plugins.
See also this post viewtopic.php?p=52924#52924

Thank you

Hi,
yes I'm aware of this design decision. But to be honest. I don't want to do it right now. Format of settings file is still changing. Who knows probably it will come some time, when I will need to do some major change, when it will be nice to have that file outside of preferences file of ST.

Or users will need to throw it out, and some explicit conversion will be needed.

So for now it's more flexible and less dangerous to have it in own file.
Of course when plugin will be stabilized more, I have this change in my mind.

That's my reason.

Peter
Peter,
I fully support your rationale, while the plugin is in development it's OK, please consider that feature when the plugin will be released as ver. 1.

Thank you

Peter,
I am resurrecting this post as today I have experienced again the annoying situation of moving all my ST3 data from one computer to another and forgetting to copy the preferences.xml file related to your plugin :-(
Lat night I have been working couple of hours on certain formulas, and now I don't have them on this computer, and the other one is far away from here.

Do you still plan to integrate the information stored in the preferences.xml into the System.Preferences.xml file?

Thank you

I guess OMB could take care of that, see this post: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=9819#p55161
rikicarra

Postby gerhard » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:18 pm

rikicarra wrote:I guess OMB could take care of that, see this post: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=9819#p55161

The change in CF is minor, it should be done here and let CF work as other plugins rather than adding special support in other plugins.
gerhard
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby rikicarra » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:51 pm

gerhard wrote:
rikicarra wrote:I guess OMB could take care of that, see this post: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=9819#p55161

The change in CF is minor, it should be done here and let CF work as other plugins rather than adding special support in other plugins.

I agree. Probably my latest post was not clear enough, what I meant is that the Backup plugin is backing up correctly all plugins except Calculated Fields, even if Calculated Fields is storing preferences.xml in the same way as the other plugins. In essence, Backup plugin should work with Calculated Fields without requiring any modification to Calculated Fields.
rikicarra

Postby rikicarra » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:45 pm

rikicarra wrote:
gerhard wrote:

I agree. Probably my latest post was not clear enough, what I meant is that the Backup plugin is backing up correctly all plugins except Calculated Fields, even if Calculated Fields is storing preferences.xml in the same way as the other plugins. In essence, Backup plugin should work with Calculated Fields without requiring any modification to Calculated Fields.

Good news, OMB will update the Backup plugin to backup also Calculated Fields:
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=9819#p55183
rikicarra

Postby suecoloco » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:50 am

I wonder if it would be possible to use the HRV or RR-data that you get from some of the highend watches to test your revovery etc to give you an indication if you are training to hard, about to get sick or if you are fully recovered. To start with you would need a baseline for how your HRV should look like when you are fully rested but then it would be cool to have a field that automaticly calculated your deviation from this value

There are a few apps for smartphones that can do this (ithlete for example) but it would be great to have this in Sporttracks
suecoloco

Postby the5krunner » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:47 am

suecoloco wrote:I wonder if it would be possible to use the HRV or RR-data that you get from some of the highend watches to test your revovery etc to give you an indication if you are training to hard, about to get sick or if you are fully recovered. To start with you would need a baseline for how your HRV should look like when you are fully rested but then it would be cool to have a field that automaticly calculated your deviation from this value

There are a few apps for smartphones that can do this (ithlete for example) but it would be great to have this in Sporttracks

you need the TRAINING LOAD plugin - it is exactly what you need.... IMHO you won't get a better calculation than this on any of the smartphone apps. even the POLAR equivalent app is shrouded in mystery (actually maybe the trainingpeaks equivalent is as good)
the5krunner

Previous

Return to Calculated Fields