Version:

Updated:

Apr 11, 2011

total time including stopped time

total time including stopped time

Postby benavrah » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:10 am

Hello I'm Ben.
This is my first post so thanks a head.
can anyone know how to get the total time including the stopped time of an activity. all the options i saw didn't include the stopped time only the auto paused time.

benavrah

Postby PissedOffCil » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:12 am

There are 2 checkboxes in the settings, under analysis, check both

"Include stopped time" &
"Include pauses"
Developer of the Garmin Fitness, Filtered Statistics and Distribution plugins
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

no...

Postby benavrah » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:25 am

no, did that allready. i'm getting a "stopped time" seperatly from the total time but not calculated togever. and the caculator plugin doesn't include the "stopped time" field so i can't get the total calculation by myself.
benavrah

Postby PissedOffCil » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:21 pm

Calculator plugin???

You mean Calculated fields?
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby benavrah » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:26 pm

yes, sorry.
I ment the calculated fields.
benavrah

Re: no...

Postby camel » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:33 pm

benavrah wrote:no, did that allready. i'm getting a "stopped time" seperatly from the total time but not calculated togever. and the caculator plugin doesn't include the "stopped time" field so i can't get the total calculation by myself.

I think that this can be solved in standard way by ST.

But I will still add fields for stopped time in next version of plugin.

Peter
camel
Donated!
Donated!

Postby PissedOffCil » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:50 pm

Even if you get a "stopped" time in the sumamry, it doesn't mean it's not included in calculations.

Your problem seems to be only with the CF plugin so I'll leave this one to camel.
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby benavrah » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:50 pm

first thank's
second i didn't find a way to solve this with the ST prog' and i tried. i'll be glad if someone will show me the way.
third very helpfull plugin thank you again.
benavrah

Postby benavrah » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:56 pm

for PissedOffCil

No, the stopped time isn't included in the "total time" for sure, and it's easy to show it - i have one activity with stopped time longer in few minits from the activity time so it's definitely not included in the activity time.
benavrah

Postby camel » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:29 pm

benavrah wrote:for PissedOffCil

No, the stopped time isn't included in the "total time" for sure, and it's easy to show it - i have one activity with stopped time longer in few minits from the activity time so it's definitely not included in the activity time.

I have tried and it look like if you have checked both include bla bla:
Stopped time because of speed threshold is added to total time.

But stopped time when watch is paused is not added in total time.
Only to Stopped on activity summary.

So I think that you are true. As I have said I will add it to next version of CFplugin if possible. So than you can calculate what you wanted, not ideal.

But probably actual way is good for most of users. For example I don't need to see watch pauses in total time.

Nice day
Peter
camel
Donated!
Donated!

Postby benavrah » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:59 pm

thanks for your help Peter,
i know it is not a big deal but i could use the total time to calculate my battery consumption for optimal use cause the watch indicator is not accurate and this way i could know how much time left with the curent charge. and for the hiking time while i'm traveling with the family which include alot of stops.
again i know it's not a big deal, so if you can solve this thank's. if not thanks for you time. you are rght for my cycling training i dont need the total time at all.
I tried some other ways to solve this like with calculating the minutes between end time and start time, but end time feild is not supported by CF either.

again thanks

Ben
benavrah

Postby Stumpjumper68 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:49 am

If you click the small calculator and switch from calculated numbers to
manual numbers does it shows the values you want?
Stumpjumper68
Donated!
Donated!

Postby camel » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:54 am

benavrah wrote:thanks for your help Peter,
i know it is not a big deal but i could use the total time to calculate my battery consumption for optimal use cause the watch indicator is not accurate and this way i could know how much time left with the curent charge. and for the hiking time while i'm traveling with the family which include alot of stops.
again i know it's not a big deal, so if you can solve this thank's. if not thanks for you time. you are rght for my cycling training i dont need the total time at all.
I tried some other ways to solve this like with calculating the minutes between end time and start time, but end time feild is not supported by CF either.

again thanks

Ben

If you will update Calculated Fields plugin right now. I have added there Stopped time field. So you can calculate it.

Just right click on expression go to Activity menu and there you will find it:
{TIMESTOPPED}

Nice day
Peter
camel
Donated!
Donated!

Postby benavrah » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:15 am

wow,
this was fast,
thank's

Ben
benavrah

Re: total time including stopped time

Postby GaryS » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:28 pm

Hello camel,
I am continuing to use your fantastic plugin with great success. There is a field though that I can't seem to find -- elapsed time. What I want is the total time, watch pauses included, for an activity.

Sometimes, I run with a group. We stop at certain points to let the slower runners catch up. I stop my watch then. I start my watch again when I start running. So, my watch time reflects the actual time that I run. The elapsed time is longer, and includes the time I've stopped to wait for the other runners. I want this time. It is the sum of all the watch pauses added to the watch time.

The TIMESTOPPED field seems to only recognize the time in ST when my pace falls below a certain level. I leave that level blank anyway, so TIMESTOPPED returns a value of zero.

Does a field already exist for elapsed time, or can I calculate the sum of watch pauses (ST does this already in the summary but I want it in Calc Fields too for use in reports and other calculations)?
GaryS
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Calculated Fields