par mechgt

Téléchargements: 12,931 (43) • Reviews: 16

Version:

Mise à jour:

Feb 7, 2014

Activities resetting to TRIMP of 0

Activities resetting to TRIMP of 0

Messagepar mdallura » Sam Fév 20, 2010 9:04 pm

im having some unusual behaviour since i have installed the update of Training Load. For no apparent reason many of my training activities are resetting to a TRIMP of 0, even though there is HR data recorded. I have to manually go to each activity and edit and select data tracks then OK. This completes the HR zone data and updates the TRIMP in Training Load. After i fix all of these and save the logbook it will do it all again the next day. It appears to happen to random activities. Any clues?
mdallura

Messagepar mechgt » Mer Fév 24, 2010 9:55 pm

I've looked through my logbook (and several others) and not seen this. When you edit an activity (in any way) the TL statistics are re-calculated for that activity next time TL is called up, so that part makes sense. However I'm not sure why you'd not be seeing bad TRIMP data when it's initially being called up. Are you making any changes to it? Could you send me an example activitiy (.fitlog export) or two that's not showing up right?
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

All ok

Messagepar mdallura » Jeu Fév 25, 2010 7:37 pm

hi
thanks for your reply.
i have updated the plugin this week and now the problem is no longer occurring. What was alerting me to the problem was my Fitness (CTL) number would drop dramatically from one day to the next. Upon investigating my activities i would notice the ones in italics and with a TRIMP of 0. I would then go to the activity and manually edit the HR data track (which was simply a matter of bringing it up and pressing ok) Training Load seems to be working fine now, so we will see how it goes.
thanks again.
mdallura

TRIMP resetting to 0

Messagepar mdallura » Sam Fév 27, 2010 1:27 am

it's happening again, random activities have had there TRIMP reset to 0 and i have had to go through and recalculate the HR data to get an accurate CTL number.
Next time it happens i will send you a screen recording of what is going on and how i go about fixing it.
mdallura

Messagepar mechgt » Sam Fév 27, 2010 7:05 am

Ok. For the record, you should be able to modify anything in the activity and it'll re-calculate that activity (even putting a space in the Notes field).

See if there's anything specific that you're doing that will replicate this. Is it the same activities over and over? Is there anything that the activities have in common (maybe all one category or something)? Do you have Preload checked? Do you have multiple logbooks that you're swapping between?

I'm sure this isn't something simple like these activities are low intensity activities where HR stays too low (bottom zone where zone factor is still 0)?
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Messagepar mdallura » Dim Fév 28, 2010 1:37 am

mechgt a écrit:
See if there's anything specific that you're doing that will replicate this. Is it the same activities over and over? Is there anything that the activities have in common (maybe all one category or something)? Do you have Preload checked? Do you have multiple logbooks that you're swapping between?

I'm sure this isn't something simple like these activities are low intensity activities where HR stays too low (bottom zone where zone factor is still 0)?

Thanks again for your reply. I think you have given me a clue that has fixed the problem. I have turned off the option 'Perform TL calcs at startup', closed SportTracks and re-opened, opened Training Load and everything was back to normal.
mdallura

Messagepar mechgt » Dim Fév 28, 2010 2:27 pm

What about the other questions? I want to make sure that I fix the problem and not just hide it. Also, here's a test for you:

- Open up ST without the Preload option selected. (If ST is already opened and this option is on, then you'll have to turn the option off and restart ST)
- Wait for CPU to settle down (~15 sec maybe) <- Make sure you wait... this is where ST is doing it's calcs and I'm wondering if there's a conflict here.
- Now go enable Preload. This will start TL calcs immediately, and it *should* be the exact same as calculating on startup. You should see CPU shoot up when you check this box... particularly if you have any power data.
- Now go look at TL and see if you can replicate the errors.
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Messagepar mdallura » Mar Mars 02, 2010 5:57 am

See if there's anything specific that you're doing that will replicate this.
A: Nothing that I can do to replicate it, however leaving the ‘Perform TL Calcs at startup’ unchecked seems to have fixed the problem.
Is it the same activities over and over?
A: No, different and random activities
Is there anything that the activities have in common (maybe all one category or something)?
A: No, the activities are of different types and categories e.g. some running, some Spin class, some PT sessions, some cross training.
Do you have Preload checked?
A: As above, now I have Preload unchecked I am not getting the error and my CTL (Fitness) is accurate.
Do you have multiple logbooks that you're swapping between?
A: No, I am using one logbook.
A: My Zone 1 is 125 – 131 bpm and any activities that have been mostly in or below this zone are not included and that is fine. The factor for this zone is the default 1.4. Most of my activities move quickly through Zone 2 (131-148) and into Zone 3 (148-164) & 4 (164-174). I rarely go into Zone 5 (174 and above) My HR Max is 177 and my zone calculations are based on %HRR. I’m a 47yo Male with a RHR of 45.
- Open up ST without the Preload option selected. (If ST is already opened and this option is on, then you'll have to turn the option off and restart ST)
- Wait for CPU to settle down (~15 sec maybe) <- Make sure you wait... this is where ST is doing it's calcs and I'm wondering if there's a conflict here.
- Now go enable Preload. This will start TL calcs immediately, and it *should* be the exact same as calculating on startup. You should see CPU shoot up when you check this box... particularly if you have any power data.
- Now go look at TL and see if you can replicate the errors.

A: I have completed the exercise above and now with Preload checked or unchecked I am getting no errors. However this may be because I have uploaded my training for today. I will leave preload checked and upload my morning training tomorrow and see what happens. Otherwise I think I will leave it unchecked because that is what initially seemed to fix the problem.

Thanks for your help, I hope my answers give you some clues to what might be going on.
:D
mdallura

Messagepar mdallura » Jeu Mars 04, 2010 6:02 am

I was able to replicate the problem of TL resetting my TRIMP of random activities to 0
I had the 'perform TL calcs at start-up' checked and i opened SportsTracks, imported my two activities for today and then opened Training Load. My ATL had dropped significantly and upon investigation several activities had been reset to 0.
I unchecked the preload option, closed ST and re-opened and everything in TL was back to normal.
Hope this helps.
mdallura

Messagepar mechgt » Jeu Mars 04, 2010 11:01 am

Thanks. I've got one guess at what's happening, but not quite sure how to address it. Let me know if you find anymore 'clues' on it. I'm listening.
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Retour vers Training Load