Version:

Deprecated

Updated:

Nov 15, 2011

Release 0.1.3299 now out

Release 0.1.3299 now out

Postby benbun » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:37 am

This release introduces amendments to existing functionality :

- Improves setup of category colours ( inherits for parents category if no colour specified )
- Uses new window forms instead of "popups" as these were causing problems for several users.

Also new functionality:
- Allows user to "jump" to the actual activity in the "Daily Activity View"
- Introduces "Info Markers" to show Athlete tagged days ( i.e.. Injury, Sickness etc. )
- These can be configured to be shown in any corner of the "day box" and be any colour.
- Allows "custom" flags to be set in the Athlete diary

Plugin at the usual place : http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/Plugins/plugin_detail.php?id=95
benbun
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Release 0.1.3299 now out

Postby Craig » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:23 am

benbun wrote:This release introduces amendments to existing functionality :
- Uses new window forms instead of "popups" as these were causing problems for several users.

Personally I preferred the popups as it makes it easy to quickly check the names of a number of activities.

Also, I've noticed it now sometimes takes many clicks on the OK button to make the window go away. It seems if I'm on the Yearview, then switch to another view, then back to Yearview a few times it then takes lots of clicks of OK to get rid of the window.

But other than that, its a nice plugin. The Jump button is useful.
Craig

Postby texmurphy » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:53 am

benbun wrote:- Uses new window forms instead of "popups" as these were causing problems for several users.

Please also capture Esc escape keypress to cancel (Ok) the new window.

The left hand finds Esc easily and the right hand has to choose between moving mouse to Ok or moving hand to press Enter.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby benbun » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:02 am

texmurphy wrote:Please also capture Esc escape keypress to cancel (Ok) the new window.

OK will add that to the next release
benbun
Donated!
Donated!

Postby benbun » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:32 am

Implemented the facility for the "Escape" key to close the popup.

Also fixed the "Bug" requiring multiple clicks to close the window.

Both in the next release, will wait a day or so to see if any other bugs are discovered before I release that.
benbun
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Release 0.1.3299 now out

Postby ViDi0T » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:32 am

Craig wrote:
Also, I've noticed it now sometimes takes many clicks on the OK button to make the window go away.

Yes, sometimes I have to click on OK four times to make the window close!

EDIT: Thanks, I will grab the fix in a few days!
ViDi0T
Donated!
Donated!

Postby regi100 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:04 pm

well done again benbun :-)
many thanks for the update
cheers
/chris
Cycling / Mountainbiking / Running -> http://lubas.at
regi100
Donated!
Donated!

Postby fishyweb » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:11 pm

Nice update, I like the new features a lot. :) Thanks.

BUT, all my activity categories have reverted back to the default black colour! :cry:

I spent quite a while setting up my preferred colour scheme with the previous version. Is there some way of recovering those settings?
Steve
Using Garmin FR 230 for running, and Garmin Edge 820 (with cad, power and HR) for cycling
fishyweb
Donated!
Donated!

Postby texmurphy » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:40 pm

Please sort the activities on a date by start time for the calendar. For example if I commute to a ride, do the ride, and then commute home, I should see Commute - Ride - Commute. I.e. oldest activity lowest on a date.

In the image below sometimes this happens and sometimes not. Orange are Cycling : Commute Categories, Blue are Cycling : Club ride categories, and Green are Cycling : Road categories

Edit in response to fishyweb below:
fishyweb wrote:@texmurphy - Did you set those colours up after installing the latest version of this plugin, or before?

All colors reverted to Black and I had to redo color scheme.
Last edited by texmurphy on Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby benbun » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:14 am

texmurphy wrote:Please sort the activities on a date by start time for the calendar.

Good point - will add that to the next release.
benbun
Donated!
Donated!

Postby fishyweb » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:20 am

texmurphy wrote:Please sort the activities on a date by start time for the calendar. For example if I commute to a ride, do the ride, and then commute home, I should see Commute - Ride - Commute. I.e. oldest activity lowest on a date.

In the image below sometimes this happens and sometimes not. Orange are Cycling : Commute Categories, Blue are Cycling : Club ride categories, and Green are Cycling : Road categories

@texmurphy - Did you set those colours up after installing the latest version of this plugin, or before?

I'm curious, because installing the latest version has resulted in my previously-created activity colour scheme being destroyed (as noted in the posting before your one above).
Steve
Using Garmin FR 230 for running, and Garmin Edge 820 (with cad, power and HR) for cycling
fishyweb
Donated!
Donated!

Postby benbun » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:48 am

fishyweb wrote:all my activity categories have reverted back to the default black colour! :cry:

Errr - sorry about that..
benbun
Donated!
Donated!

Postby fishyweb » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:47 am

Is there some way of restoring the colours, from a backed up version of my logbook maybe?
Steve
fishyweb
Donated!
Donated!

Postby benbun » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:03 pm

texmurphy wrote:Please sort the activities on a date by start time for the calendar.

texmurphy - I think I have this fixed now, if you have time over the weekend let me know and I will send you an early release to test it.
benbun
Donated!
Donated!

Postby texmurphy » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:20 pm

benbun wrote:texmurphy - I think I have this fixed now, if you have time over the weekend let me know and I will send you an early release to test it.

The test pre-release is very nice and seems to sort same-day activities correctly. I like the activity "x of Y" selection system and Esc clears selection properly.

Suggestions:
1. Can you fill in the ST calendars with greyed boxes when activities are present - redundent with the ActivityYearView (AYV), yet consistent with ST gui.

2. Can you make the selected activity on the AYV bold its colors or have a black box around it. Just because I click on an activity does not mean it can be found 2 seconds later :lol:

3. There is room for more fields to be displayed on the Activity Details window (Name, Equipment, Weather, Avg Power, Cadence, ...) - maybe some of these could be selectible.

I have hacked a screen print to show these three "improvements".
Great work!
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Activity YearView