Downloads: 2,816 (1) • Reviews: 0

Version:

Updated:

Oct 9, 2010

Import Plugin for Suunto T6

Import Plugin for Suunto T6

Postby sweat_chocolate » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:29 am

Hallo everybody,

I used to run with the Suunto T6 and import all my datas by using a special tool, which converts the .xml data to .hrm data for SportTracks.

With this new version of SportTracks it should be possible, to create a plugin using the original T6 data .xml.
I am not doing any programming, and my question is:

Is anybody interested in making a plugin for using the T6 datas? This would be very nice, and will make the import much more comfortable.

Thanks for answers
sweat_chocolate
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Kennyd » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:27 pm

If anyone else is wondering how to do this I think I can be of some help. A group of fine folks at the Yahoo wriststop trainers group have made several tools for Suunto users. You will probably find the most interesting to be the Suunto to Polar HRM converter. So here is what you do. Join the Wriststop trainers group on Yahoo. Log in and go to the Files-> T6 tools section and the program you need is called Sx2Ph.exe You will then need to export the files from the Suunto Training Manager program as a compressed XML file. This file will essentially be a zip file that winzip doesn't recognize, so you will have to associate the file type with winzip Install winzip if you don't already have it. Then, using the Open with command(right click on the Suunto .ste file you have exported) browse for winzip and check the box to always use this program for this type of file. Once it is installed open the Sx2Ph.exe and browse for the file(s) you just unzipped click go and it is now converted into a Polar file that you can import into Sports tracks. I know this may seem tedious, but keep in mind you can export more than one file at a time, and you can import them all together. You will still have to convert each log individually, just create folders to export and unzip them in(to keep everything neat and in one place) and it goes very quickly once you get the hang of it.
Kennyd

Re: Import Plugin for Suunto T6

Postby P.eter » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:37 am

I've just made such a tool: you can find it more info at my blogspot:

http://pdoteter.blogspot.com/2008/01/su ... -beta.html

Basically you point this program to your training.mdb mostly situated in the data directory of your Suunto installation. Select the log you want and set the directory to which it should be exported as hrm. It works directly on the data from Training Manager itself. Settings are remembered for next next time, so converting takes about 5 clicks.

Next step was to indeed create a plugin for Sporttracks
P.eter

Postby Kennyd » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:35 pm

Peter,
Thank You Thank You Thank You!

The program you have written is Wonderful. This will save me a great deal of time vs. the way I was previously having to import my Suunto files. It works perfect.

Thanks Again
Kenny
Kennyd

Postby sweat_chocolate » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:46 am

Kennyd:

I know this tool, and i used it in the past, to load my datas from Sunnto Training Manager to SportTracks.

P.eter:

Thanks a lot for making this great tool !!!!

I`ve tested it, and it works fine.

May you check the lap function, because i get no laps in SportTracks after converting a .ste file to .hrm file.
There`s always one lap shown in SportTracks.
If you can solve this problem, it will be perfect.

Thanks a lot
sweat_chocolate
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Kennyd » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:56 pm

sweat_chocolate wrote:Kennyd:

P.eter:

Thanks a lot for making this great tool !!!!

I`ve tested it, and it works fine.

May you check the lap function, because i get no laps in SportTracks after converting a .ste file to .hrm file.
There`s always one lap shown in SportTracks.
If you can solve this problem, it will be perfect.

Thanks a lot

I also have no lap or split data after importing. Adding This feature would complete the functionality of your tool if laps/splits would convert.

Thanks Kenny
Kennyd

Postby P.eter » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:22 am

I will take a look at it, this is a functionality I don't use so that's why it's not in there :-)
But it will not be that hard to program
P.eter

Postby P.eter » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:46 pm

New version of the Suunto to HRM convertor is available, and it includes lap times functionality. Also fixed a bug with height reading and the new ST version.
P.eter

Postby sweat_chocolate » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:26 pm

Hi P.eter,

i`ve tested the new lap function in ST, and it doesn`t work with the timers.

The lap-distances are correct.
But the lap-times are not shown in the right place.
The lap-times are shown, where the total-times of the laps should be.

May you please check this??

Thanks!!
sweat_chocolate
Donated!
Donated!

New Version of Suunto_to_HRM

Postby sweat_chocolate » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:57 pm

Hi everybody,

What about this new version? IT DOES NOT WORK !!

Kennyd:
You use this tool. Does the lap function work ?

I am happy for any kind of feedback, because the lap function is very important for me. It is very helpful, when you do intervall-training with fast and slow laps!!

P.eter
Next step was to indeed create a plugin for Sporttracks.
Are you working on this??

Thank you for all support
sweat_chocolate
Donated!
Donated!

Postby P.eter » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:34 am

Sorry about the delay about answering this, I didn't follow the forum for a while :-( Busy training :-)

I will look at the lap function, it is that I never use it, I'm a marathon mountain biker, so no need for it.

Didn't look at the plugin functionality yet.
P.eter

Postby P.eter » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:20 am

I've looked at it, the version I have does it correctly, i think something went wrong during the packaging the setup.

I've created a new setup, tested it and put it:

http://www.mtbroutes.be/SuuntoHRMSetup.msi

Download this, install it (remove previous version first) and retry. If this still doesn't work mail me the generated hrm file to peter.luxem 'at' gmail.com and I will take a look at it
P.eter

Return to Suunto STE Import